GDT - Devils vs Predators 12/1/22 7:00pm MSGSN

NJDfan1711

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

They probably could have pulled it out if they had stuck to the original plan for the full two minutes…but just not in the mood to kill them for tonight.  They’re still 9 points clear of the second-place team with the same number of games played.  

Absolutely. Not a tragedy but certainly a wake-up call. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m upset because we could have won this one. I’m not going to go nuts about it, just going to move on to Ugly Shirt Night on Saturday. 

Heh heh I broke out my Hughes RR 2.0 tonight and I actually genuinely like the friggin’ thing.  Even ordered a Hischier.  Still hoping to land a Marino GW.  

Just now, Devs64 said:

All I want is a win even if they wear pajamas.

Yeah I want the Saturday night game against the Flyers for sure.  Just because. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Heh heh I broke out my Hughes RR 2.0 tonight and I actually genuinely like the friggin’ thing.  Even ordered a Hischier.  Still hoping to land a Marino GW.  

Gotta say, not minding mine either. Gonna debut it on Saturday. Still gotta decide on a player and whether it’s going in to be done now or later. 

Did you reach out to MeiGray to see if Marino’s is spoken for?

Edited by mfitz804

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Gotta say, not minding mine either. Gonna debut it on Saturday. Still gotta decide on a player and whether it’s going in to be done now or later. 

They look MUCH better personalized. Makes a world of difference.

And yes reached out to Meigray and gave them a “preferred” list of Marino, Siegs, and Bastian (I have Bastian’s previous RR).  I like all three players and they shouldn’t be insanely priced.  Obviously only snagging one of those three, with Marino my first choice.  Not sure if they’re wearing one set or two. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

6 hours ago, Puckbuster said:

I don’t care how many wins they have, tonight was a bad loss.  There is no sugarcoating it.  It’s not the end of the world, because they will be better for it.  This loss should ground them a bit.

Go Devils!

I read this and some of the other posts and I wonder exactly what curve the Devils are being graded on now?  Players sometimes have off-games or make mistakes, and teams aren't always fully clicking...this was definitely a VERY up-and-down game, no one would dispute that, and sure, at times they looked a bit sloppy.  And I definitely get fans being emotional in the moment, especially when it felt like yet another victory was so firmly in the Devils' grasp...and of course, if your team is mired in a slump long enough that you've seen a bunch of crappy games and you know they're simply capable of better, that can make people snap too...doesn't apply here obvioulsy.

But overall, when a team wins 16 out of 18 games and banks 91.6% of the max number of points...is it so crazy to just give them a pass, instead of assuming that they're getting cocky or need to be grounded?  Or put another way...can a team (one that's still quite young no less) that's done an insane amount of winning this season just be allowed to lose a game?  The Devils now have a total of 5 losses (reg/OT/SO)...the team trailing them in the division by 8 points now has 11.  The Devils have yet to have any kind of real slump.  Since those two brutal losses to start their year, they're friggin' 19-2-1.  Did ANY of us even DREAM that the Devils could ever get a run like that this year?  Not me.

Not telling anyone how to fan because that's not my bag, we all root differently, some are more laid-back and forgiving and some hold their teams to very high standards and some are more emotional than others and some treat every single game as equally winnable entities even though we know that even the best teams often finish the season with at least 20 or so regulation losses.  Losses are going to happen...and last night still saw the Devils notch a point.

On to the Flyers...if there's ever a team to be ornery against, it's that one.  One win in their last 12 GP and they've been outscored 49-24.  Get the feeling the Devils come out angry for that one.    

5 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

They didn’t even play a bad game. They just got unlucky at the end and had a pathetic overtime.

They were uneven but that's going to happen...it wasn't one of their better overall efforts but it wasn't awful either and they did mount a hell of a comeback.  Like I said in an earlier post, it was not long ago that falling behind 2-0 through the first period probably leads to a lifeless 5-1 loss or something like that.  If they just convert one of those breakaway chances, it's a different story, but also fair to point out that even though he gave up 4 goals, VV also made some very big saves too.  Sometimes you lose.  At least the Devils still got a point out of it.      

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Looking at it another way, Devils started the last two games giving up two quick goals, and still skated away with three out of four points. Also the Nashville loss stung, and will provide a learning experience for a young team. Win-win in my book.

there’s no way you can consider blowing a lead with 8 seconds left a “win win”. i’m all for saying this might be a moral victory in the end but “win win” ain’t it lol

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I read this and some of the other posts and I wonder exactly what curve the Devils are being graded on now?  Players sometimes have off-games or make mistakes, and teams aren't always fully clicking...this was definitely a VERY up-and-down game, no one would dispute that, and sure, at times they looked a bit sloppy.  And I definitely get fans being emotional in the moment, especially when it felt like yet another victory was so firmly in the Devils' grasp...and of course, if your team is mired in a slump long enough that you've seen a bunch of crappy games and you know they're simply capable of better, that can make people snap too...doesn't apply here obvioulsy.

But overall, when a team wins 16 out of 18 games and banks 91.6% of the max number of points...is it so crazy to just give them a pass, instead of assuming that they're getting cocky or need to be grounded?  Or put another way...can a team (one that's still quite young no less) that's done an insane amount of winning this season just be allowed to lose a game?  The Devils now have a total of 5 losses (reg/OT/SO)...the team trailing them in the division by 8 points now has 11.  The Devils have yet to have any kind of real slump.  Since those two brutal losses to start their year, they're friggin' 19-2-1.  Did ANY of us even DREAM that the Devils could ever get a run like that this year?  Not me.

Not telling anyone how to fan because that's not my bag, we all root differently, some are more laid-back and forgiving and some hold their teams to very high standards and some are more emotional than others and some treat every single game as equally winnable entities even though we know that even the best teams often finish the season with at least 20 or so regulation losses.  Losses are going to happen...and last night still saw the Devils notch a point.

On to the Flyers...if there's ever a team to be ornery against, it's that one.  One win in their last 12 GP and they've been outscored 49-24.  Get the feeling the Devils come out angry for that one.    

I think the curve the devils are being graded on is the same as it’s ever been. First place team, last place team, win streak, losing streak — doesn’t matter when you have a 1 goal lead with 8 seconds left. You have to close it out.

34 minutes ago, MB3 said:

there’s no way you can consider blowing a lead with 8 seconds left a “win win”. i’m all for saying this might be a moral victory in the end but “win win” ain’t it lol

I still lean toward win win. Unless you expect them to have an undefeated season. A young team needs some adversity to learn from and grow