GDT: Kings @ Devils 7:00PM 2/23

NJDevils1214

BONUS:

Rangers lose 4-1, Devils lead them by six points with the same number of games played.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

It’s not showing one. He only needs 3 more multipoint games to break the franchise record (27) set by Hall during his MVP season. 

Yeah it wasn’t, Vitek to DOUGIE to Mercer to DOUGIE back to Mercer

also, my phone autocorrects to DOUGIE now based off his insane goal run.

I’m not fixing it

5 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

That's surprising considering the amount of hockey players there over time

When he wins 3 cups, minimum, it will be undisputed

• Haha 2

Interesting…Dawson’s numbers through 58 GP last year and this are actually quite close:

2021-22  14 G  20 A  34 Pts

2022-23  18 G  20 A  38 Pts

He wilted down the stretch last season…I get the feeling it will be a different story this year.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

Finally made it to a win!   Sheesh, I thought for sure it was going the other way. Nice rebound but they've got to start games better

And this is why Ruff drives me crazy...when something becomes an issue under his watch, it tends to CONTINUE to be an issue that doesn't feel like it's ever being addressed.  Like I've said a bunch, he's got enough talent now that can cover up for him (and that abundant talent is really making 3-on-3 OT sessions their own...they're starting to feel automatic).  But I firmly believe a better coach will be able to tighten up the lingering loose ends, and give this team some more "polish"...make them less raw and squirrely, bring in a more refined system.  They're too dependent on VV making insane saves...they give up a lot of prime chances and odd-man rushes.  It also feels like the opposition gets to spots in the Devils' end much more easily than the Devils are able to in their opponents' end.

Even with the above, the Devils are 16-4-3 in their last 23.  Some of that is talent, some puck luck, some cleaning up in OT sessions, and some due to the fact that this team really doesn't ever fvcking quit.  I'm not sure how much of it is due to coaching.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

And this is why Ruff drives me crazy...when something becomes an issue under his watch, it tends to CONTINUE to be an issue that doesn't feel like it's ever being addressed.  Like I've said a bunch, he's got enough talent now that can cover up for him (and that abundant talent is really making 3-on-3 OT sessions their own...they're starting to feel automatic).  But I firmly believe a better coach will be able to tighten up the lingering loose ends, and give this team some more "polish"...make them less raw and squirrely, bring in a more refined system.  They're too dependent on VV making insane saves...they give up a lot of prime chances and odd-man rushes.  It also feels like the opposition gets to spots in the Devils' end much more easily than the Devils are able to in their opponents' end.

Even with the above, the Devils are 16-4-3 in their last 23.  Some of that is talent, some puck luck, some cleaning up in OT sessions, and some due to the fact that this team really doesn't ever fvcking quit.  I'm not sure how much of it is due to coaching.  

Is there a stat for GTG with the empty net?  It seems as though they get a lot of last minute heroics to get to the 3 on 3 OT.  It’s great they are winning those games, but there is no 3 on 3 in the playoffs.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Puckbuster said:

Is there a stat for GTG with the empty net?  It seems as though they get a lot of last minute heroics to get to the 3 on 3 OT.  It’s great they are winning those games, but there is no 3 on 3 in the playoffs.

No joke, I just came here to ask how many goals the Devils have scored with the goaltender pulled. It's gotta be at least 5.

1 minute ago, Jerrydevil said:

No joke, I just came here to ask how many goals the Devils have scored with the goaltender pulled. It's gotta be at least 5.

Here's the games that I either remember them doing that, or based on the box score I'm assuming they did that (I'm not sure about the Knights game):

1/16  Sharks (won in SO)

1/19  Kraken (lost in OT)

1/24  Golden Knights (won in OT) 

2/23  Kings (won in OT)

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Here's the games that I either remember them doing that, or based on the box score I'm assuming they did that (I'm not sure about the Knights game):

1/16  Sharks (won in SO)

1/19  Kraken (lost in OT)

1/24  Golden Knights (won in OT) 

2/23  Kings (won in OT)

I know they did it in the Knights game. Hamilton with the goalie pulled, and Dougie in OT too.

2 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

I know they did it in the Knights game. Hamilton with the goalie pulled, and Dougie in OT too.

Insane that they did it THREE TIMES in an eight-day stretch.  You often don't get that many in a full season.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

schmid starting. gotta be the bug goin around. 

Not so sure that’s it.  I actually thought this was a perfect game for him…against a weaker team, get him into the swing, etc.  There’s a good chance he’ll be the backup going forward.  

• Like 2