2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

17 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Pavelski scored all 4 for Dallas and they lost in overtime. Crazy stuff 

Seattle also scored three of their goals in less than a minute in the first period...went from trailing 2-1 to leading 4-2 in an eyeblink.  Also crazy sh!t heh heh.

And on a side note, gotta admit, the Kraken have GREAT unis.  Both home and away.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Seattle also scored three of their goals in less than a minute in the first period...went from trailing 2-1 to leading 4-2 in an eyeblink.  Also crazy sh!t heh heh.

And on a side note, gotta admit, the Kraken have GREAT unis.  Both home and away.  

I actually think their reverse retros should be their home jerseys 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I actually think their reverse retros should be their home jerseys 

I still prefer the home darks myself...love how all of the trim/accent elements pop.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I still prefer the home darks myself...love the all of the trim/accent elements pop.  

It's just nice to see some teams with different colors which I why I think they should lean into that teal color more. I love our red and black but there's too many teams with the same color combinations. 

If Houston ever comes into the league I'd like to see them go with all orange like their MLS team and the Astros have some orange jerseys too. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

It's just nice to see some teams with different colors which I why I think they should lean into that teal color more. I love our red and black but there's too many teams with the same color combinations. 

If Houston ever comes into the league I'd like to see them go with all orange like their MLS team and the Astros have some orange in there too. 

As much as I love the COOL red and black Devils jerseys (not the ones they're wearing now), I'm not dead-set against it if the Devils ever went back to red and green.  For the all of the inevitable Xmas cracks, there's a legit reason why those colors made it into the initial design.

As for the playoffs and the Kraken...remember when Tampa Bay started off 9-8-2 in 1992-93 and finished with a then-respectable-for-an-expansion-team 53 points?  These new teams enjoy relevancy right off the bat now, pretty much...the GKs made a damned Cup final in their first season.  No more paying your dues for a while.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

As much as I love the COOL red and black Devils jerseys (not the ones they're wearing now), I'm not dead-set against it if the Devils ever went back to red and green.  For the all of the inevitable Xmas cracks, there's a legit reason why those colors made it into the initial design.

As for the playoffs and the Kraken...remember when Tampa Bay started off 9-8-2 in 1992-93 and finished with a then-respectable-for-an-expansion-team 53 points?  These new teams enjoy relevancy right off the bat now, pretty much...the GKs made a damned Cup final in their first season.  No more paying your dues for a while.

I'd rather see them wearing a green variant over seeing the jersey jerseys as much as they have. Even though those have grown on me a bit I just find them so boring. 

I don't really mind the expansion teams doing well even though I think they really can't just keep adding more. 

Florida's win last night was their first game 1 win ever, that's insane since it's been like 30 years. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Confusing... They didn't label the crossbar so now I have no idea what's going on.

It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't popping up during action drawing your eye away from where the puck is, or even screening the puck

16 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Well... He needs to be smarter and he probably realizes that. We(society) are at a point where you can't say anything about anybody in relation to the way they look. If he said a Maroon sized lunch he probably also would have gotten sh!t.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Well... He needs to be smarter and he probably realizes that. We(society) are at a point where you can't say anything about anybody in relation to the way they look. If he said a Maroon sized lunch he probably also would have gotten sh!t.

Yeah I think most people who aren't looking to be offended about every last thing or aren't obsessed with cancelling people should be able to get past this without making a huge deal out of it.  Hopefully those who are the most shrill and looking for reasons to pounce won't try to make PK sound like this horrible insensitive person who did something so terrible that there's no ever fully recovering from it.  Yeah not the smartest thing to say on air these days but I don't think he's fat-phobic or anything like that...or was consciously being mean-spirited.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Jack Edwards, the Boston play by play guy commented about Pat's size and had to apologize for it.