2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

7 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

They just said Oettinger played 41 of 47 games down the stretch going into the playoffs. He’s clearly out of gas. Same thing happened to Vanecek. 

They just don’t make ‘em like Marty anymore. 

Marty leads Roy by 182 games in the all-time regular season games played category.  As far as playing a sh!tload of games goes, no one’s EVER catching him.

8 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I don’t know what Benn was thinking. He’s not normally that much of an idiot; he let his frustration get the best of him at the worst possible time. And now he may have cost his team their season. 

Idk, people are already digging old stuff up…

• Angry 1

11 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I don’t know what Benn was thinking. He’s not normally that much of an idiot; he let his frustration get the best of him at the worst possible time. And now he may have cost his team their season. 

That’s the saddest part of this.  This absolutely ISN’T his norm.  But talk about a worst time for a first time…this is a serious black spot on a fine career.  He let a LOT of people down tonight.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Idk, people are already digging old stuff up…

Yeah I didn’t know about that.  Makes him look that much worse.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Stars are toast. We might see sweeps in both conferences. 

14 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Dallas folding.

When your friggin’ CAPTAIN basically decides he doesn’t want to compete…still blown away the sheer selfish stupidity of his actions.  Down just 1-0 at home in a must-win game and he basically says “Nah, I’m done.”  If I’m his teammates I pretty much feel like our captain abandoned us.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RizzMB30 said:

Also, arenas have to start giving up serious penalties for throwing stuff on the ice......

I was thinking and am surprised that cameras don't catch more stuff.  You'd think it'd be pretty easy to pinpoint who chucks stuff on the ice. Three strike policy.  Give em a warning the first time, next time is a year ban from the arena (all events including concerts, not just hockey). Third time is lifetime ban. 

14 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I was thinking and am surprised that cameras don't catch more stuff.  You'd think it'd be pretty easy to pinpoint who chucks stuff on the ice. Three strike policy.  Give em a warning the first time, next time is a year ban from the arena (all events including concerts, not just hockey). Third time is lifetime ban. 

Should just be big ass signs in every arena that say it's a lifetime ban and possible criminal charges. Unacceptable behavior even when NJ fans do it too. Endangers the people on the ice and plenty of video of what happens when objects fall very far and hit people competing.  

Also include that throwing sh!t on the ice may include powerplay opportunities due to the delay of game for the opposing team and you'll turn whole stadiums against the throwers in the first place. It just really needs to stop. 

Edited by RizzMB30
  • Like 2

Great article by The Athletic’s Saad Yousuf today, about how Benn wasn’t there for his team either on the ice or after the game.  He left it up to DeBoer and his teammates to answer for him (Benn wasn’t around to speak to the media after the game).  All-around just a REALLY bad look.

Given how the game turned out and the fans throwing sh!t all over the ice, I wonder if DeBoer felt that his team was stuck having to play in a tough building…

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

You never want to see that from anyone, but your Captain?  Wow.  Absolute brain-dead moment.  Grounds for ripping the C, if you ask me.

Dallas probably looking for a reason to do so anyway - Benn's past his prime.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I don’t have enough laugh emojis for this one…this is fvcking hysterical.

Didn’t realize that Carolina has now lost eleven straight ECF games.  And being that they didn’t win any games in the first of those series, a loss tonight would represent a third straight ECF where the Canes were swept right out.  D’oh!

• Like 1