Prospects thread 2023-2024

Guadana

Starting new thread with new break down video. 

I will make more and will tel you more about his game, his strong and weak side, about his potential.

For the first video I specially taked not the best of his game to focus on different sides of his game.

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Muevelos said:

I'm unsure where to ask but, when could we possibly see Casey push for a spot? Next training camp? 

Yeah at least one more year at Michigan I’m thinking.  2024 at the earliest.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Casey is a guy who I hope we ultimately keep, but if the right player became available at the right time, he’s a guy who may get moved. 

Yeah when his time comes, someone else may have to be dealt to make room for him.

If there’s a young and reasonably cost-controlled Top 6 forward available, maybe a deal involving Holtz and Casey happens. 

• Like 1

I will not lie I am not sure if Casey is a left-handed or right-handed defenseman. But maybe he could, if he looks like he'll pan out, be able to spell the end of Hamilton. Meaning we can move that contract before it becomes a liability per say. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Muevelos said:

I will not lie I am not sure if Casey is a left-handed or right-handed defenseman. But maybe he could, if he looks like he'll pan out, be able to spell the end of Hamilton. Meaning we can move that contract before it becomes a liability per se. 

Casey shoots right, but he is MUCH smaller than Dougie…9 full inches, in fact.  

7 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Casey shoots right, but he is MUCH smaller than Dougie…9 full inches, in fact.  

There are some questions to ask when it comes to Casey and how the Devils or more succinctly Fitz feels about short D being on his team as he tries to build a Cup winning team.

The way the TF talks in interviews leads one to believe he wants guys who can skate and are big enough to defend defenseman.

I don't think we have a firm answer on if Casey will be able to do that in the NHL, I watched Michigan last season and to be honest I saw nothing in him that is a huge liabilty in his own zone even with his size limitations.

This coming season will be a big test as he moves up the line-up and he takes on way more responsiblity, can he be in the top pairing probably along with Edwards, it will be very interesting to see for sure.

Now there is a wild card out there for me at least with Casey, he played one game at forward last season when Michigan had a bunch of players out, and he from what others said looked great, can he possibly be a forward in the NHL?

His lack of size means nothing up front, his hands and hockey awareness are special, I think this is something to keep in mind as an outside the box thought of his future.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Patrick Sundstrom Ghost said:

There are some questions to ask when it comes to Casey and how the Devils or more succinctly Fitz feels about short D being on his team as he tries to build a Cup winning team.

The way the TF talks in interviews leads one to believe he wants guys who can skate and are big enough to defend defenseman.

I don't think we have a firm answer on if Casey will be able to do that in the NHL, I watched Michigan last season and to be honest I saw nothing in him that is a huge liabilty in his own zone even with his size limitations.

This coming season will be a big test as he moves up the line-up and he takes on way more responsiblity, can he be in the top pairing probably along with Edwards, it will be very interesting to see for sure.

Now there is a wild card out there for me at least with Casey, he played one game at forward last season when Michigan had a bunch of players out, and he from what others said looked great, can he possibly be a forward in the NHL?

His lack of size means nothing up front, his hands and hockey awareness are special, I think this is something to keep in mind as an outside the box thought of his future.

Reverse Brent Burns possibly? 🤣

47 minutes ago, vincois said:

Just maybe, Casey is Quinn Hughes 2.0 ? ya' think?

Probably more like Sam Girard.   I also think he eventually gets used the same way Girard was when Nashville packaged him in a trade to address a weakness in their lineup.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

Does Ethan Edwards have any NHL/Devs future?

Maybe in time he becomes a potential replacement for Siegs or Marino?  As a 4th-rounder, doubt he's on some fast track.  He'll probably play out his college years (two more), then maybe a season in the AHL...at that point, Marino will have one year left on his deal, and Siegs will have two.  But that's just a guess.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Maybe in time he becomes a potential replacement for Siegs or Marino?  As a 4th-rounder, doubt he's on some fast track.  He'll probably play out his college years (two more), then maybe a season in the AHL...at that point, Marino will have one year left on his deal, and Siegs will have two.  But that's just a guess.

Yeah, you just never know. At this point, he should focus on playing and getting his degree

12 hours ago, vincois said:

Just maybe, Casey is Quinn Hughes 2.0 ? ya' think?

Unlikely (since Quinn is such a high end player), but maybe! Their freshman year seasons at Michigan are quite similar: both 29 points in 37 games. That may have to do with Michigan having such a stacked team this past season, but I have really liked what I have seen from Casey. He's got a solid NHL future ahead of him IMO.

• Like 2

On 7/6/2023 at 4:42 PM, Jimmy Leeds said:

Does Ethan Edwards have any NHL/Devs future?

I believe he will taste the market, he is mobile two way defenseman. and if he will sign deal with us, he can play ahl and polish his game more. And it`s not like Devils are done with left side of defense. Bahl isn`t proven, he didn`t sign a deal at all for now, I believe he will,  it should be 1-2 years deal. It`s not like we are done with it. 

He is in camp this summer btw.

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

What is Bardakov’s status? How many years away is he from possibly coming to North America?

One more year. But with him I didn`t saw clear words about his future decisions. His coach and manager really likes him, so may be he will sign more years. But I believe he wants to travel and play here because we have no competition for bottom center role. And we don`t have any good forechecking player absolutely. May be he will sign another 2 years deal and will travel after Gritsyuk, who was clear about his career desicions and plans about developing like Kaprisov did.(Im not saying he is on level of Kaprisov, but he definitely very talenterd)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Guadana said:

One more year. But with him I didn`t saw clear words about his future decisions. His coach and manager really likes him, so may be he will sign more years. But I believe he wants to travel and play here because we have no competition for bottom center role. And we don`t have any good forechecking player absolutely. May be he will sign another 2 years deal and will travel after Gritsyuk, who was clear about his career desicions and plans about developing like Kaprisov did.(Im not saying he is on level of Kaprisov, but he definitely very talenterd)

Bardakov sticks out because he just looks like his style of play will convert to the smaller rinks very nicely if he can play good defense and skate well. 

• Like 1