Prospects thread 2023-2024

Guadana

35 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Man I wish they could buy him out next season and get him over here. 

I don’t get why these dudes stay so long. There really is no reason for him to play anywhere but North America next year. 

Edited by MadDog2020

31 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I don’t get why these dudes stay so long. There really is no reason for him to play anywhere but North America next year. 

Wasn't there a recent story about Putin trying to keep the young talent in country for longer. Like for at least 5 years before "allowing" them to head overseas to their draft teams? I could be wrong, but I thought I saw that. Part of the reason certain Russian players drop in their draft rankings. Maybe just coercing them into signing contracts early to keep them around.

20 minutes ago, Oglethorpe13 said:

Wasn't there a recent story about Putin trying to keep the young talent in country for longer. Like for at least 5 years before "allowing" them to head overseas to their draft teams? I could be wrong, but I thought I saw that. Part of the reason certain Russian players drop in their draft rankings. Maybe just coercing them into signing contracts early to keep them around.

No idea, but it wouldn’t surprise me. 

Bit of a random one during the downtime - a former member of this parish joins my hometown team:

• Like 2

Scott Wheeler of The Athletic ranked the Devils' system 22nd as part of his 2024 prospect pool rankings (big drop from last year largely due to graduations and trades). Below is the tiered list, full article with writeups on each player here (paid content): https://theathletic.com/5235251/2024/02/09/devils-nhl-prospect-pool-rankings-2024/

image.png.5b081c2cab4ca7255d9a5a6537e1b818.png

Edited by nmigliore
  • Like 3

Seamus Casey are on Big Ten Network right now.   I tuned in just in time to hear them talking about Michigan State's strength and conditioning trainer saying that one of the Spartans players was not only the fastest player they've had but the fastest he's ever worked with except one...Luke Hughes

Casey just had a nice rush and setup that wasn't finished.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Came out flying to start his season but only has an .891 save over his last 9 GP.  Guess if VV's out for a bit and Schmid falters, he's next man up.