Prospects thread 2023-2024

Guadana

• 2 weeks later...

I got to the Northeastern Vs UCONN game earlier tonight.  UCONN lost 4-2 but Samu Salminen had their one goal that wasn’t in garbage time.   

On a side note, UConn’s new on campus arena is gorgeous.   

IMG_8025.jpeg

• Like 1

On 1/26/2024 at 3:40 PM, John Wensink said:

My guess is he gets to stay home, get paid well and not piss off the government. Not play in minors here either

He’s a star in his own country, living a great life.  There is no rush to leave that behind.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

Boy I wish the Devs had grabbed Stankhoven instead of Stillman

Kid is LIGHTING it up already

Dallas has absolutely crushed it in the draft in recent years. Picks like Robertson and Stankhoven in the 2nd round? If that team doesn’t win a Cup in the very near future I would be surprised. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Dallas has absolutely crushed it in the draft in recent years. Picks like Robertson and Stankhoven in the 2nd round? If that team doesn’t win a Cup in the very near future I would be surprised. 

Not to mention guys like Heiskanen, Wyatt Johnston, Thomas Harley, Oettinger- Dallas has done a great job drafting the last few years. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Not to mention guys like Heiskanen, Wyatt Johnston, Thomas Harley, Oettinger- Dallas has done a great job drafting the last few years. 

Speaking of Oettinger, he’s currently sitting at .899 sv% (so is Wedgewood) and yet the Stars are still in 1st place. 

Pretty impressive they’ve been able to overcome below average goaltending this season. 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I assume he played with Luke?  Could be nice chemistry there.  If he's a sophomore, does he play next year in college and then maybe attend camp in '25?

I hate to say it, but I don’t think Casey will ever play a game here. He’s gonna probably get moved in a package for a goalie.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 3

On 3/13/2024 at 5:03 PM, MadDog2020 said:

I hate to say it, but I don’t think Casey will ever play a game here. He’s gonna probably get moved in a package for a goalie.

Oh we don't know that, lol

Just got the new Hockey News Future Watch issue.   While they still have our group of under 21 year old talent (includes L Hughes and Nemec) ranked pretty high at 8th overall I was surprised how low they have Casey (93rd overall).  Hameenaho is 74th 

On 2/17/2024 at 2:48 AM, Have Another Donut said:

Anybody remember Steve Santini?  I saw him score a hat trick tonite for the Ontario Reign in a 8-1 drubbing of the Tucson Roadrunners.

A late bloomer?  😏

Oh man I remember he threw a Stevens-esque hit in... it might've been training camp.  But I was hyped for him, thought he'd be laying people out in the NHL.

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Oh man I remember he threw a Stevens-esque hit in... it might've been training camp.  But I was hyped for him, thought he'd be laying people out in the NHL.

I also thought he would be a core player for the Devils. But it really is a testament to how far this organization has come. Objectively, there wasn't too much to suggest that Santini was going to be a successful NHLer, but compared to what we were used to at the time, he looked really solid. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2024 at 9:48 PM, Devilsfan118 said:

I remember Santini took Barkov completely into the bench in an early game. We were all very impressed that maybe, finally a physical Stevens-esque d man.

On 3/27/2024 at 11:58 PM, Nicomo said:

Schmid is technically graduated but this thread seems like the best place to put this. Encouraging to see him playing well again. 

I wouldn't trust him in the slightest. He crapped the bed.  Let's let him marinate for a couple more years.  We all thought/hoped with his playoffs last year, he was ready for prime time. We were wrong. I'm sick of coddling goaltenders.  Now I'll hear all the Devils rushed him blah blah blah. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vincois said:

I wouldn't trust him in the slightest. He crapped the bed.  Let's let him marinate for a couple more years.  We all thought/hoped with his playoffs last year, he was ready for prime time. We were wrong. I'm sick of coddling goaltenders.  Now I'll hear all the Devils rushed him blah blah blah. 

Ok Marty :lol:

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, nmigliore said:

Pretty glad the Flyers traded away Cutter Gauthier.

He didn’t waste any time scoring today.  

Yeah, that really sucked for the Flyers because he and Michkov could have been the start of a really nasty offense 

6 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Seamus Casey got injured in the Frozen Four tournament tonight and didn’t return. Bad night all around. 

Bummer.  He seems redundant given Dougie’s impending return and Luke’s and Nemec’s presences, but I don’t like to see Devils prospects injured for any reason.

Edited by ButlerBulldog