2023-2024 Around The League thread

MadDog2020

24 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Caps grab the last spot and play the Rags. You know what you have to do Caps.

Probably the worst outcome for us, as far as wanting the Rangers to lose. 

They are going to sweep the Caps, easily. 

I would have enjoyed seeing the Red Wings make it, these last two games were nuts.

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Caps: you have your marching orders. You know what must be done. Ovie, you magnificent bastard: it’s time to shine like a motherfvckin’ diamond. Oshie: play like it’s the shootout, and the Rags are the Russians. Connor McMichael: for two weeks, your assignment is to channel Connor McDavid. John Carlson: you grew up a Devils fan in Colonia, NJ. You of all people understand the mission. The hopes of an entire nation rests on your shoulders gentlemen. You must prevail for the good of all mankind. Good luck and Godspeed. We’re all counting on you. 

Sadly I’d give them 1 game at most

17 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

No pens, no nonstop Crosby coverage, no torts rants are all good for me. The single grace on an otherwise sh!t season 

And as much as I hate to admit it, had the Devils found some way to win just enough games to squeak in the WC2 slot, hard to imagine that the Rangers wouldn’t have absolutely destroyed them.  It would’ve been ugly.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

And as much as I hate to admit it, had the Devils found some way to win just enough games to squeak in the WC2 slot, hard to imagine that the Rangers wouldn’t have absolutely destroyed them.  It would’ve been ugly.  

Regarding the Devils - Anything can happen and you never know what can take place if you just make the playoffs (look at Florida last year), but I agree with you - the season ended with us having a record that is pretty indicative of how the team performed and what they were capable of. 

Bad defense, bad coaching, bad goaltending, injuries, young rookies getting more playing time than they should, poor PP, poor home record, etc. there's reasons for each of those things, but when you have all those collectively, generally you're not going to make the playoffs. 

Regarding other teams, I'm ecstatic and think it's absolutely hilarious that the Flyers were over achieving much of the year and looked like they were going to make the playoffs, and absolutely crashed and burned the final 15 games of the season. I know they weren't expected to do much at the beginning of the year, but their collapse can't go unnoticed by the GM and owners.

Edited by NJDfan1711

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I prefer this outcome, being out totally then losing to them. I'd be worried about being swept I know many will disagree, but I couldn't take another Rangers series after this season. Next year I'll hopefully feel different. 

14 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Probably the worst outcome for us, as far as wanting the Rangers to lose. 

They are going to sweep the Caps, easily. 

I would have enjoyed seeing the Red Wings make it, these last two games were nuts.

It's not like Detroit was any good either. In 2 must win games they needed to tie it last minute against a sh!t Montreal team both times. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

It's not like Detroit was any good either. In 2 must win games they needed to tie it last minute against a sh!t Montreal team both times. 

Detroit blows and they have no pedigree. At least the Caps have a few guys left from their Cup in 2018. I trust them much more vs the Rags than I would the Wings. 

Edited by MadDog2020

53 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

True, true. I guess they're just more likeable, to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

For that last WC2 spot, let's face it, ALL of the teams that didn't get in have several games that can be pointed to, in terms of why they didn't make it (and why they didn't deserve to).

What's bad for a team like Philly is that they went 13-19-5 over their last 37 GP (much closer to original predictions).  Yes, it's expected that they'll make changes this offseason, but do they have another massive-overachieve 25-14-6 start in them?  Or a stretch like that in them at any point next season?  Given their plan, they might not come as close to a playoff berth as they just did for another couple of seasons.  

• Like 2

So, Leafs-Bruins AGAIN in the first round.  

If the Leafs finally manage to beat them, do they march to the cup like the Caps did when the finally managed to beat the Penguins?

Leafs nation will be on suicide watch if the B's take care of them again.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I don't understand, so people sitting in the club level can't wear Panthers jerseys/colors? I don't agree with the policy and think it's dumb, but I thought a lot of teams were already doing it?  Aren't there a bunch of people on this forum who like the idea and complained about the need for a specific section for away fans?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I don't understand, so people sitting in the club level can't wear Panthers jerseys/colors? I don't agree with the policy and think it's dumb, but I thought a lot of teams were already doing it?  Aren't there a bunch of people on this forum who like the idea and complained about the need for a specific section for away fans?

Yes, that idea was discussed on this board a few months ago.  I don’t mind opposing fans sitting wherever they want.  I just don’t like the idea of the Rock being overrun by them.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Yes, that idea was discussed on this board a few months ago.  I don’t mind opposing fans sitting wherever they want.  I just don’t like the idea of the Rock being overrun by them.

I don't want them on our ice.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

If it were up to me, I’d ban opposing fans from the Rock altogether 🤣

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Haha 3
  • EvilHeart 1

33 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

If it were up to me, I’d ban opposing fans from the Rock altogether 🤣

We've had this convo before, I want away team sections. 

Speaking of this kind of thing at our last home game no bobbleheads should have been handed to anyone wearing Islanders stuff. 

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Yes, mainly me lol

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

We've had this convo before, I want away team sections. 

Speaking of this kind of thing at our last home game no bobbleheads should have been handed to anyone wearing Islanders stuff. 

Yes, mainly me lol

I was on the other side of a situation like this in February, when I attended the Devils-Predators game at which the latter’s team captains were honored.  Fans entering the arena were randomly given a commemorative pin depicting the jersey of a Predators captain, and it was definitely weird being handed one while wearing a Nico Hischier jersey.

IMG_0798.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ButlerBulldog said:

I was on the other side of a situation like this in February, when I attended the Devils-Predators game at which the latter’s team captains were honored.  Fans entering the arena were randomly given a commemorative pin depicting the jersey of a Predators captain, and it was definitely weird being handed one while wearing a Nico Hischier jersey.

IMG_0798.jpeg

Whoever handed you Josi definitely dropped the ball, considering one of those captains is the Devils current GM lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Whoever handed you Josi definitely dropped the ball, considering one of those captains is the Devils current GM lol

They were packaged, so the staff member who handed it to me probably had no idea which one I was getting, but I agree it would have made sense for me to end up with a Fitz pin, even though I don’t like him very much right now.  LOL!

• Like 2