2023-2024 NJ Devils season thread

MadDog2020

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I wouldn't say that I hate him...he was just kinda there.  He played on that infamous 2014-15 team that saw Henrique lead the team in points with 43 (?!).  Poor Cory... 

I didn't mention you specifically. I've just seen people bring him up a few times and I don't get the animosity. He played on some bad teams, that's probably why he got as much time in the NHL as he did. He only played just over 3.25 seasons by count of NHL games if you add up his entire body of work in the NHL.

Smith is an NHL level player that should have now, especially on a good team, aged out/played out of the lineup. Harrold wasn't an NHL level player but, like a number of guys the Devils were dressing at that time, benefit from being in the right place at the right time. I'm not going to hate on him for it. Brett Seney saw a lot more NHL games than he would have otherwise for the same reason. Bobby Farnham(lol)...I don't really see Harrold and Smith as comperables for that reason.

Just my two cents!

21 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I wouldn't say that I hate him...he was just kinda there.  He played on that infamous 2014-15 team that saw Henrique lead the team in points with 43 (?!).  Poor Cory... 

Peter Harrold was part of the 2012 SCF team; he played a lot that year. He was dressed for game 6 against the Rags and had an assist in that game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Not sure if this was posted, at least this seems like less than last year... 

The less the better, but a lot of fans did take to them.

Ditto the RR 2.0 jerseys.  I see plenty of those at games too (I actually dig the RR 2.0 jerseys, though I get why they wouldn't be some fans' cup of tea).

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The less the better, but a lot of fans did take to them.

Ditto the RR 2.0 jerseys.  I see plenty of those at games too (I actually dig the RR 2.0 jerseys, though I get why they wouldn't be some fans' cup of tea).

The jersey jerseys are just boring to me but the RR haven't grown on me whatsoever. It just doesn't look right having blue on their jerseys, I believe those were only for last season at least. I wonder if this will be the last season with the jersey jerseys and they will come up with something new next season. 

I'm also curious to see what they come up with for the outdoor game. 

19 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

The jersey jerseys are just boring to me but the RR haven't grown on me whatsoever. It just doesn't look right having blue on their jerseys, I believe those were only for last season at least. I wonder if this will be the last season with the jersey jerseys and they will come up with something new next season. 

I'm also curious to see what they come up with for the outdoor game. 

I grew to like the RR 2.0 due to the whole 80s feel that they have...that color scheme somehow captures the early-mid 80s...reminds me of roller rinks and arcades, where I can totally see walls painted in those three colors.  But I can certainly get why some won't ever warm up to them.  Viewed through different lenses they can look garish and odd.

Yeah I'd like to see if there's a specific jersey for the outdoor game as well.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

I also don't think this was talked about but this happened at Monday's game lol...

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CygkcwDAHP6/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

1 hour ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

fvcking idiots, that’ll be the last time that band plays there 

4 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

They're moshing....

Don't book these bands if you don't want sh!t like this. If you can't take the heat stay out of the pit!!

mass hysteria show GIF by Deezer

2 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

They're moshing....

I still love a good mosh pit to this day, as long as the participants are doing it properly.  That means moshing in a counterclockwise circle with collisions happening organically...not swinging elbows wildly or looking to get a 15' head start to try to knock someone else into oblivion...and of course, if someone falls, pick him up and help him to his feet immediately.

And a mosh pit (or multiple pits) at a concert where such behavior is to be expected is one thing...at a Devils game, probably not so much, lol.  I'm sure there were people there seeing that happening and thinking "What the..."

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Don't book these bands if you don't want sh!t like this. If you can't take the heat stay out of the pit!!

mass hysteria show GIF by Deezer

Funny, this one's like a hurricane...look how calm the "eye" is heh heh.  

This is actually how it's supposed to be...counterclockwise circle, people not trying to complete level each other. 

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Funny, this one's like a hurricane...look how calm the "eye" is heh heh.  

This is actually how it's supposed to be...counterclockwise circle, people not trying to complete level each other. 

Depends. Sometimes you get the general mosh, other times the bands open up the floor for a circle pit, like in the gif, or a wall of death(which is actually somehow even more stupid lol)

Moshpit Wall Of Death GIF by Killswitch Engage

21 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

They're moshing....

Well aware, not something that should be happening on the concourse of a hockey game when normal civilized people are trying to get to their seats and enjoy the atmosphere with friends, families and children. If you want to act like animals go back to the circus or do that sh!t outside

Edited by 2ELIAS6

24 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Depends. Sometimes you get the general mosh, other times the bands open up the floor for a circle pit, like in the gif, or a wall of death(which is actually somehow even more stupid lol)

Moshpit Wall Of Death GIF by Killswitch Engage

Yeah that stuff I want no part of.  That's how people can get killed.

19 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Well aware, not something that should be happening on the concourse of a hockey game when normal civilized people are trying to get to their seats and enjoy the atmosphere with friends, families and children. If you want to act like animals go back to the circus or do that sh!t outside

Agree, a Devils game ain't the time or place.  Too many people who have no idea what's going on and could get hurt by that simple fact alone.

7 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah that stuff I want no part of.  That's how people can get killed.

Agree, a Devils game ain't the time or place.  Too many people who have no idea what's going on and could get hurt by that simple fact alone.

To be honest I’m surprised they even allowed this to go on. For the fact alone of people getting hurt/ lawsuits etc 

8 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

To be honest I’m surprised they even allowed this to go on. For the fact alone of people getting hurt/ lawsuits etc 

Same, I'm sure they had no idea that band played that kind of music (or attracted fans who enjoy moshing any time, any place).  Guessing those who were moshing were fans who knew the band would be performing that night, but yeah, when only a small amount of people in attendance have any idea what's going on, that's a serious accident waiting to happen.  Wouldn't surprise me if the individual(s) responsible for booking acts got a serious talking to about this; that area is too crowded for that kind of stuff.  You may see more of a security presence during the performances from here on out.

This is the kind of thing where someone in charge and on the ball says "OK all, we were lucky, but that's just it...we were LUCKY.  This could have been a disaster.  We have to take steps to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again." 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

7 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Same, I'm sure they had no idea that band played that kind of music (or attracted fans who enjoy moshing any time, any place).  Guessing those who were moshing were fans who knew the band would be performing that night, but yeah, when only a small amount of people in attendance have any idea what's going on, that's a serious accident waiting to happen.  Wouldn't surprise me if the individual(s) responsible for booking acts got a serious talking to about this; that area is too crowded for that kind of stuff.  You may see more of a security presence during the performances from here on out.

This is the kind of thing where someone in charge and on the ball says "OK all, we were lucky, but that's just it...we were LUCKY.  This could have been a disaster.  We have to take steps to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again." 

Kind of reminded me of the weekly clips of people fighting at several different football games every Sunday. I personally would be overly pissed off if I was out at a game spending hard earned money and had to deal with idiots fighting causing a mess for everyone around. Luckily, we don’t have this kind of crap in the arena, if it happens it seems to be super rare.