GDT: 12/07/23 Devils @ Kraken 10:30 EST ESPN

Rock

33 minutes ago, eaglejelly said:

Why do they start the game so late when an east coast teams is visiting? The 10pm weekday starts are brutal enough.

Expecting the home fans to get to the arena at 4pm PST on a work day isn't ideal either.   At least they are accommodating us this weekend by playing both games at 4pm EST  

6 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Expecting the home fans to get to the arena at 4pm PST on a work day isn't ideal either.   At least they are accommodating us this weekend by playing both games at 4pm EST  

My complaint is the extra 30 min. They should start the games at 7pm PST when east coast teams are visiting on weekdays

3 minutes ago, eaglejelly said:

My complaint is the extra 30 min. They should start the games at 7pm PST when east coast teams are visiting on weekdays

Oh, I got you.  My best guess is that it's because Seattle's arena is in the middle of the city and I don't think there's much if any parking around Seattle Center.   They probably feel they need to give their fans the extra 30 minutes to get to the arena after work.   

Most Islander home games start at 7:30 EST and I always assumed it was for similar reasons        

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Should they start the game at 4 local time to accommodate the east coast? I mean, come on. 

He clarified...he meant the game should start at 10:00 local time, instead of 10:30.  He was complaining about the extra half hour.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jerrydevil said:

I’m not gonna lie. The disaster that is our goaltending and defending has dampened my enthusiasm for watching this team. But I’ll see you at 10, Erika.

The good news is that outside of the Rangers getting off to a terrific start, every other team in the Metro has looked vulnerable too.  Devils are four points out of second with two games in hand...and that second-place team (Carolina) is dealing with serious goaltending issues of its own.  The Flyers (who were never expected to contend for a playoff berth) are about to play 9 out of their next 12 games on the road...let's see how they get through that.  Caps have been getting smoked lately (outscored 22-9 in their last 6) and they also have a slew of road games coming up soon.  Islanders look and feel like a team that was built to win in the NHL from 25 years ago, and even when they're winning, it feels like so many of their games are such a grind.  Pittsburgh is in the death throes of a dynasty running out of steam.  And the BJs are the BJs (even though they can obviously beat anyone any day).

So the Devils really aren't in too bad of shape at the moment.  Could be a lot worse. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Jerrydevil said:

I’m not gonna lie. The disaster that is our goaltending and defending has dampened my enthusiasm for watching this team. But I’ll see you at 10, Erika.

As frustrating as it can be to watch in the moment, no one can convince me that we won’t be a better & deeper team more prepared to handle adversity in April having gone through some of these tough patches.   

As perfect as Bostons regular season was last year, I wouldn’t trade our full body of results that included a playoff round victory for theirs.   They literally looked like they were about to sh!t themselves when Florida starting making the series comeback and I think a lot of that had to do with them running away in October and never really having to grind through anything.  

Edited by Lateralous
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The good news is that outside of the Rangers getting off to a terrific start, every other team in the Metro has looked vulnerable too.  Devils are four points out of second with two games in hand...and that second-place team (Carolina) is dealing with serious goaltending issues of its own.  The Flyers (who were never expected to contend for a playoff berth) are about to play 9 out of their next 12 games on the road...let's see how they get through that.  Caps have been getting smoked lately (outscored 22-9 in their last 6) and they also have a slew of road games coming up soon.  Islanders look and feel like a team that was built to win in the NHL from 25 years ago, and even when they're winning, it feels like so many of their games are such a grind.  Pittsburgh is in the death throes of a dynasty running out of steam.  And the BJs are the BJs (even though they can obviously beat anyone any day).

So the Devils really aren't in too bad of shape at the moment.  Could be a lot worse. 

Yeah, I saw an interview of Brind'Amor when the Canes went down 5-0 to the Oilers and Brind'Amor was interviewed and he was honestly throwing his hands up in the air and said "he's never seen this team play this bad and he's looking for answers himself. Speechless."

Things are not well in Carolina land. If these defensive/goaltendering struggles continue through 30 games, I think the Canes make a goalie change before we do.