GDT: Edmonton @ Devils 7:30 PM ESPN+/Hulu

MadDog2020

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

But not without booing loudly first.

100%.  Get up from you seat, boo the entire way up the aisle, through the concourse, down the stairs, and across the parking lot.  

I would absolutely do it if I was there.  fvck this bullsh!t effort and what they call "hockey" tonight. 

Awful game by almost everyone, particularly the coaches, defense, and goalies. They should all be embarrassed. Because we are. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

Okay Fitz- 30 games of this trash. Now do something to help fix it. And I mean now. 

Yeah it’s time for a shakeup.  

• Like 1

We don't look like we know how to play together very well. I see a lot of individual efforts, players trying to make things happen on their own. Granted I know some of that is because they're down three goals right now and everyone is pressing and disjointed, but in general we see it throughout most games regardless of the score. 

Last year our identity was our speed, but it naturally showcased itself because we actually played a tight system - we were very sound when it came to park possession, which naturally led itself to being pretty sound defensively, because we didn't turn the puck over much and we limited chances for opposing teams. 

Instead of us turning the puck over, we were patient and we force them to turn it over, which is where our transition game took over and our players skill and speed could naturally shine. This year we're not doing any of that, in fact we're doing the opposite. We're trying to magically create plays and be fancy, and it's causing players to be out of position and look lost on the ice. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Oglethorpe13 said:

Forgot about the holiday trade rest period, but either way this on ice product is unacceptable. Absolutely zero consistency and they cannot win on home ice

As far as Fitz goes, the time to punt seasons is over.  He’s gotta do something here.  Other teams have made moves.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, hit the post said:

Like I said before......This team won't win sh!t until they get a legit Goaltender.....These two won't get it done...Ever.

The goalies were terrible tonight, but the defense was worse. You're not going to win many games when you give up two goals on home ice in the first 6 minutes. 

Totally unprepared almost every game.

13 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

We don't look like we know how to play together very well. I see a lot of individual efforts, players trying to make things happen on their own. Granted I know some of that is because they're down three goals right now and everyone is pressing and disjointed, but in general we see it throughout most games regardless of the score. 

Last year our identity was our speed, but it naturally showcased itself because we actually played a tight system - we were very sound when it came to park possession, which naturally led itself to being pretty sound defensively, because we didn't turn the puck over much and we limited chances for opposing teams. 

Instead of us turning the puck over, we were patient and we force them to turn it over, which is where our transition game took over and our players skill and speed could naturally shine. This year we're not doing any of that, in fact we're doing the opposite. We're trying to magically create plays and be fancy, and it's causing players to be out of position and look lost on the ice. 

I have a feeling Brunette was a major reason for the team's success 

• Like 2

I went into the season as a supporter of this goaltending duo but it’s clearly a failed experiment.   Not sure there is an immediate answer in net but something is very very off with this entire team for pretty much the whole season.   I love Fitz but it’s time for him to get off his hands and do something.   Given the available options, I would start with the coach.  

• Like 2