GDT: 12/27/23 Blue Jackets @ Devils 7:00PM EST MSGSN2

Rock

The Ruff hate make this forum tough to read once again... 

I will not judge people's opinion and not starting to go into a debate if they are wrong, right or obssess with this... But some of you (and you know who you are) got 80% of their message about Ruff being bad. We got it the first 50 messages. 

I remember that some people who is no longer there got accused of always bring up some topic (for example about their hate of Lou) .... what's different now ? Of course you can say that you wish you would have another coach (knowing for sure that Ruff is going to stay the whole year) it's totally fair to say that and to be frustrated about this team this year (and putting almost everything at the coach) ... it's fair and it's a forum where you can talk about it... but come on ! Almost every post ...  

And it's the same complain you do when we see some posters only when there is a lost ... it's irritating right ? It's the same feeling when the same pattern happens here : A win ? Some hero save the coach ass. A lost ? stupid old ass who doesn't adjust ! 

You may have a lot of valid point ... i'm not saying... but it's the non stop hate that make it so difficult to read ! We already know your position and it's a fair one... no need to force it into our throat all the time.

Anyway... Luke is awesome ! 

• Like 2

If people are tired of seeing the same criticisms leveled against the coach it’s probably because it’s the same exact story night after night. 

- Come out flat and look completely unprepared to start the game 

- get scored on first and have to constantly play from behind (seriously, look at the numbers it’s insane)

- turn it on in the 3rd period and if they’re lucky get saved by a Hughes or Bratt 

Rinse, repeat 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 7

18 minutes ago, moustic said:

I remember that some people who is no longer there got accused of always bring up some topic (for example about their hate of Lou) .... what's different now ? 

I'm whatever when it comes to Lindy but he's here and the active coach vs someone who has been almost gone an entire decade now. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'm whatever when it comes to Lindy but he's here and the active coach vs someone who has been almost gone an entire decade now. 

Exactly. And most people are realistic that Ruff isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. They just want to see certain things addressed (like the slow starts). 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Exactly this…it’s absolutely NOT the same thing and not a valid comparison at all.  One guy had been gone for YEARS and even when the Devils were two GMs removed from Lou, that poster couldn’t resist taking annoying little digs.

3 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Exactly. And most people are realistic that Ruff isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. They just want to see certain things addressed (like the slow starts). 

And this.  Do I really think Lindy’s going anywhere in 2023-24, barring a major collapse?  No.  Is it frustrating seeing the same issues coming up again and again and again?  Extremely.  We’ve waited SO many years for the Devils to amass enough talent to turn a corner and enjoy a competitive window, and it’s here.  The last thing that I think anyone wants to see is any of that wasted due to incompetent or insufficient coaching.

It’s just REALLY difficult to look at the job Lindy’s done with what he has to work with this season, and feel like he’s the right guy…or at the very least, is getting enough out of his team.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3

And on another note…Luke showed exactly why you live with the inevitable rookie growing pains.  This kid is going to be so damned good.  Can’t wait to see him when it all comes together.  Kid has all of 35 games of NHL regular season experience.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Only difference was Nieds shot it wide on purpose and scored on the rebound. The rush up the ice is almost identical.

Forgive me, but how does a player shoot wide on purpose when you can't guarantee what type of bounce you will get off the backboard?

Great rush by Neidermayer, but it was a LUCKY goal. But that's ok. 

10 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I’m done with Siegs

Am I REALLY done with Siegs?  As furious as I was with him in the moment last night, it's kind of impossible to be...he's on the first year of a five-year extension.  No matter how meh to bad he's been this season, it's hard to imagine Fitz is going to bail on him anytime soon...he signed him to five years for a reason, and we were all good with it at the time.  And it's not like there's some kid just waiting to take his job.

At the same time...dammit Siegs, figure it the fvck out already.  If not for Luuuuuuuuuuke (and of course Timo later), you're absolutely the whipping boy after this game, and not just because of last night.  

• Like 3

Ok then keep throwing all your trash at our coach every 5 mn and by venting like that making this forum boring to read again... But yeah of course you are way better at this that other previous posters that you despite... 

Am I happy at this season? Certainly not (is the season over? Nop.. BTW) especially after last year? No... And i guess the coach last year was so much different than this year... And this season is all him and nothing to do with bunch of rookies in D (who will be so great.. That's for sure) and the lost of 2 veterans that without them... Exposed guy like sieg' big time... But all Ruff's fault and last year he was just lucky and got nothing to do with success. 

I got it. 

But it's obviously your forum, not mine... So keep the same narrative. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, moustic said:

Ok then keep throwing all your trash at our coach every 5 mn and by venting like that making this forum boring to read again... But yeah of course you are way better at this that other previous posters that you despite... 

Am I happy at this season? Certainly not (is the season over? Nop.. BTW) especially after last year? No... And i guess the coach last year was so much different than this year... And this season is all him and nothing to do with bunch of rookies in D (who will be so great.. That's for sure) and the lost of 2 veterans that without them... Exposed guy like sieg' big time... But all Ruff's fault and last year he was just lucky and got nothing to do with success. 

I got it. 

Assuming that you're talking to me, how is this MY forum?  I don't own it nor run it.  It was here before I joined and if I ever left, it would survive just fine without me, the way that it always has as longtime members have come, gone, or on occasion been banned.  And I'm hardly the only one frustrated by Lindy and issues not being corrected.

I didn't "despise" that poster BTW...I actually got along with him quite well, on several other levels...we shared some common interests outside of hockey, and would have some great PM back-and-forth discussing such topics.  But the Lou crap and his inability to let things go wore on just about everyone in time.  

When did I ever say that the season is over?  I've said that the Devils are very much in the thick of things, and should remain so, as long as they can avoid significant losing streaks (they don't have much margin for error, being in 6th place, even with having gone 10-4-1 over their last 15 games in spite of themselves)...but it looks like it's going to be some tough sledding, especially if the same issues continue to persist; that being said, I'm still not convinced that the Flyers and Caps will continue to stay where they are, so there's that.  

• Like 2

Just now, Lateralous said:

I could watch the Luke goal on a loop all day long today.    

Yeah that was awesome.  Especially since that goal meant SO much.  The Devils are in decent shape at the moment, but can't really afford any cool-offs right now...they're not in the same position as the Rangers.  The Rangers can withstand, say, an 0-3-1 funk.  Devils would probably fall to 7th in the Metro AND fall further back in the WC race if that happened to them.

Still hoping for 50 points at the halfway point of the season...they need to go 6-2 over their next 8 to get there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah that was awesome.  Especially since that goal meant SO much.  The Devils are in decent shape at the moment, but can't really afford any cool-offs right now...they're not in the same position as the Rangers.  The Rangers can withstand, say, an 0-3-1 funk.  Devils would probably fall to 7th in the Metro AND fall further back in the WC race if that happened to them.

Still hoping for 50 points at the halfway point of the season...they need to go 6-2 over their next 8 to get there.

I wish this was like the mid to late 2000s when we KNEW the Ranger collapse would be imminent at some point in the season. They seem absolutely immortal at this point. 

Just now, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I wish this was like the mid to late 2000s when we KNEW the Ranger collapse would be imminent at some point in the season. They seem absolutely immortal at this point. 

Trouba just got knocked out of last night's game, courtesy of a Tom Wilson elbow (it's not as dirty as it might sound, given Wilson's involvement)...it almost looked like Trouba ran into it.

Laviolette and that team's personnel seem like a good match right now, but as we know, Laviolette absolutely does have a shelf life.  And not like other coaches haven't enjoyed success there early on.

7 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Don't worry, they'll make some fantasy league level trade at the deadline just to add a name and f up their chemistry for the stretch run.    

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Don't worry, they'll make some fantasy league level trade at the deadline just to add a name and f up their chemistry for the stretch run.    

I also can’t imagine Quick keeps playing this well all season. Igor having a down season (for him) hasn’t even hurt them at all because 37 year old Quick has gone 9-1-1 with a .920 SV%. But ofc he could fall off at any time. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, moustic said:

I remember that some people who is no longer there got accused of always bring up some topic (for example about their hate of Lou) .... what's different now ?

What’s different now is Lou hasn’t been the GM in eight years. Ruff is still the coach. I don’t think I need to define the word ‘relevant’ for you, as you seem reasonably intelligent. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Forgive me, but how does a player shoot wide on purpose when you can't guarantee what type of bounce you will get off the backboard?

Great rush by Neidermayer, but it was a LUCKY goal. But that's ok. 

It was a calculated risk, and it worked out. I remember hearing him tell the story and he said how lucky he was lol.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, njbuff said:

No but the old barn in Detroit had notoriously bouncy boards.  I'm sure it was a focal point in preparing for the Stanley Cup games in Joe Louis so my guess is that they probably were at least banking pucks off the end wall so Brodeur could prep for how fast the pucks came back out.   For that reason, I do think it might have been at the forefront in his mind and that Niedermeyer probably intended to do it but who knows.      

20 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

It was a calculated risk, and it worked out. I remember hearing him tell the story and he said how lucky he was lol.

Edit: There you go, I guess he confirmed it.  

Edited by Lateralous
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, moustic said:

I got it. 

I love having you around but no one is forcing you to come here if you're not having a good time. When I see a topic or something I don't want to read I ignore it... Like a conversation I don't want to take part in on the street. I don't let it grind on me that other people are talking about something I don't want to hear or don't agree with, I ignore it.

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Hang it in the Louvre!

We might need Moustic's help with that and I think we're on his sh!t list atm 😂

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

What’s different now is Lou hasn’t been the GM in eight years. Ruff is still the coach. I don’t think I need to define the word ‘relevant’ for you, as you seem reasonably intelligent. 

I will not go as far as seeing me as very intelligent but you seems to miss my point. And there i will not blame your smartness but clearly my broken english. My point wasn't about compare Lou & Ruff ... And if it's not relevant (as i will gladly admit it's not) let's scratch it from my message ! As it has very little to do with previous posters and Lou... Let's forget about it
My point was that the non stop hate toward Ruff is boring to me. And you may think that my use of the world " hate " is a tad too much but when i see constant messages asking for his head ... Hey ! smell like hate to me ... (and i admit, i'm not dealing that well with hate)

Once again, nothing personal from me.. And as @NJDevils1214 point out, I can totally go away from here. Duly noted and it was awesome the time it last right ?  He is right after all.. Why come if i'm not having a good time with this ? More than 21 years of fun being around here it wasn't that bad ! 

• Like 1
  • EvilHeart 3