GDT - 1/11/24 Devils @ Lightning 7:00pm MSGN

NJDfan1711

I'll be at this one, so figured I'd make the thread. Will be interesting to see how we fare after having four days off (I really hate that the entire schedule this season has seemed to be one of two very distinct things, either a back-to-back scenario, or a long 3/4 day layoff). 

Curious to see if Jack and anyone else make it back into the lineup after having a few days off to rest and recover.  Also curious if Daws gets the start or if coached go back to VV. 

Regardless of who's in the lineup ended net, there's no excuse if the team comes out flat or is not ready and unprepared. 

Let's Go Devils. 

• Like 4

L G M F D!

Re:  the goalies, VV will have to get one game, and Daws will have to get the other, as the Devils have yet another back-to-back coming up Thurs-Fri.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

L G M F D!

Re:  the goalies, VV will have to get one game, and Daws will have to get the other, as the Devils have yet another back-to-back coming up Thurs-Fri.  

We don't play Friday. We have the Panthers on Saturday. 

14 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

We don't play Friday. We have the Panthers on Saturday. 

I’m retarded

16 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I figured I'd make it since I'm gonna be there, and I didn't wanna forget.  I don't think I'm the only one who makes 'em early. 🤷‍♂️

Where are you sitting? How's parking around that arena if you've been before? I might be going to the game at the end of the month and haven't been to that arena before. 

14 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Where are you sitting? How's parking around that arena if you've been before? I might be going to the game at the end of the month and haven't been to that arena before. 

I'm grabbing tickets tonight, just waiting for a friend to confirm if he can go with me. I'll post the section once I have them. 

Yeah I've lived in SW FL for 20+ yrs now and have gone to hundreds of games. Parking is not too bad, there is a big garage right next to the stadium if you can't or don't want to walk - I don't park in there so I don't know how much they charge nowadays. There are other lots across the street from the stadium that are just a few minutes walk and I'd say most of them are $20-30 for parking.  

I have a little hidden gem that I have parked at for years, it's a small lot about 5-10min walk from the stadium that holds 10-15 cars and is attached to a lawyer's office. It sounds sketchy, but in 20 years I've never been towed once. I went to a game last month and actually left my car there overnight on a weekend and it was fine lol. If you want to know where this lot is, PM me and I'll send ya the location. 

I'll probably be going to the game at the end of the month too. That game is the evening of Gasparilla, which if you don't know what that is, it's a giant pirate parade that is held in Tampa every year - it's an absolute sh!tshow, sort of like the Florida version of Mardi Gras, but thankfully it should be mostly over and dispersed by gametime. 

As for other things around the stadium, if you get up there early enough and want to "pregame", there's an area called Channelside that the owner Jeff Vinyl revamped a few years back - bunch of shipping containers turned into food and beer vendors, right by the port of Tampa.  Cool area and only a 5 min walk from the arena.  There's also a local bar called Hattricks that's sort of a Bolts game staple. Another place called American Social is on the backside of the arena, on the water.  And they just built a Yard House literally right across from the arena which looks cool. I haven't been yet as it just opened last month, so it'll probably be packed, but if you're familiar with Yard House it's a pretty cool spot. 

And if you do go to the game and are interested in meeting up to say hello, by all means feel free.  I met 1214 from here several years ago and it was awesome to put a face to a name, even if just for a few minutes. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I'm grabbing tickets tonight, just waiting for a friend to confirm if he can go with me. I'll post the section once I have them. 

Yeah I've lived in SW FL for 20+ yrs now and have gone to hundreds of games. Parking is not too bad, there is a big garage right next to the stadium if you can't or don't want to walk - I don't park in there so I don't know how much they charge nowadays. There are other lots across the street from the stadium that are just a few minutes walk and I'd say most of them are $20-30 for parking.  

I have a little hidden gem that I have parked at for years, it's a small lot about 5-10min walk from the stadium that holds 10-15 cars and is attached to a lawyer's office. It sounds sketchy, but in 20 years I've never been towed once. I went to a game last month and actually left my car there overnight on a weekend and it was fine lol. If you want to know where this lot is, PM me and I'll send ya the location. 

I'll probably be going to the game at the end of the month too. That game is the evening of Gasparilla, which if you don't know what that is, it's a giant pirate parade that is held in Tampa every year - it's an absolute sh!tshow, sort of like the Florida version of Mardi Gras, but thankfully it should be mostly over and dispersed by gametime. 

As for other things around the stadium, if you get up there early enough and want to "pregame", there's an area called Channelside that the owner Jeff Vinyl revamped a few years back - bunch of shipping containers turned into food and beer vendors, right by the port of Tampa.  Cool area and only a 5 min walk from the arena.  There's also a local bar called Hattricks that's sort of a Bolts game staple. Another place called American Social is on the backside of the arena, on the water.  And they just built a Yard House literally right across from the arena which looks cool. I haven't been yet as it just opened last month, so it'll probably be packed, but if you're familiar with Yard House it's a pretty cool spot. 

And if you do go to the game and are interested in meeting up to say hello, by all means feel free.  I met 1214 from here several years ago and it was awesome to put a face to a name, even if just for a few minutes. 

Awesome thank you! I'm undecided if I'm going to the game just yet, I'm visiting family near Orlando. The WWE Royal Rumble is also at the same time where the Rays play so I'm debating which one. The Devils game at 1pm would have been perfect to be able to go to both. I'm kinda waiting to see how we are playing because tickets really aren't that cheap and I personally don't love road games.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Awesome thank you! I'm undecided if I'm going to the game just yet, I'm visiting family near Orlando. The WWE Royal Rumble is also at the same time where the Rays play so I'm debating which one. The Devils game at 1pm would have been perfect to be able to go to both. I'm kinda waiting to see how we are playing because tickets really aren't that cheap and I personally don't love road games.

Ah, yeah, it's a shame the game isn't at 1 on that day.  You're right that tickets aren't that cheap, especially on weekends. For the game this week I'm looking at $50-70 for uppers. 

I will say that Amalie Arena is quite nice. It's clean, food choices are decent, and overall viewing from seats is pretty good. The Bud Light party deck on the 3rd level is also neat, for intermissions or after the game.

The Trop on the other hand is quite the dump, very antiquated stadium, but, the surrounding areas in St. Pete is pretty awesome. Lots of great places to eat, bars, waterfront, etc. 

So, whichever one you decide to go to, you can't really go wrong. 

18 minutes ago, HughesCorporation said:

Theres a game tonight?

Thread title says 1/11. 

Geez people, you're acting like this is the first ever GDT that's been made in advance. I thought people would like to get a jump start on talking about it, but if it's gonna cause issues we can delete it until Thursday lol. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Thread title says 1/11. 

Geez people, you're acting like this is the first ever GDT that's been made in advance. I thought people would like to get a jump start on talking about it, but if it's gonna cause issues we can delete it until Thursday lol. 

I DROVE ALL THE WAY TO FLORIDA BECAUSE OF YOU!

• Haha 6

I'll be in 310 tonight. Ordinarily you probably wouldn't be able to see anyone up there, but tonight I might be easy to spot as I'll be the guy calling for Lindy's head, chastising our defense, and losing my sh!t after we give up the first goal for the billionth time this season. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/8/2024 at 6:27 PM, NJDfan1711 said:

Thread title says 1/11. 

How Dare You Greta GIF

LGD

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I always make GDTs in advance, thank you for doing it too.

LFGD

Fire Lindy!

… I’m just getting ahead when this team comes out flatter than roadkill after a 4 day layoff and starting Vitek “Almost V Against” Vanecek

I've already said it, but I will be very happy to get out of these next 3 games with 3 points.  I can't rightly ask for more than that, given everything that's going on at the moment.

I really hope tonight isn't a repeat of the game against the Canucks.  I know the Devils somehow made that one 5-4, but good lord, that game was so absurdly one-sided for so long.  It would be nice to see the Devils to look prepared for the start of these games...I don't know why Lindy & Co can't seem to manage this no matter who the opponent is.     

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I've already said it, but I will be very happy to get out of these next 3 games with 3 points.  I can't rightly ask for more than that, given everything that's going on at the moment.

I really hope tonight isn't a repeat of the game against the Canucks.  I know the Devils somehow made that one 5-4, but good lord, that game was so absurdly one-sided for so long.  It would be nice to see the Devils to look prepared for the start of these games...I don't know why Lindy & Co can't seem to manage this no matter who the opponent is.     

I know they “love playing for him” and as you’ve pointed out, along with others, this team does not quit 95% of the time, but sometimes I really wonder if the locker room is too casual before and during games.  Like as if they’re all bro-ing out until puck drop and, when another team is ready to play off the hope, they get their teeth kicked in until someone in a jersey sparks them.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I know they “love playing for him” and as you’ve pointed out, along with others, this team does not quit 95% of the time, but sometimes I really wonder if the locker room is too casual before and during games.  Like as if they’re all bro-ing out until puck drop and, when another team is ready to play off the hope, they get their teeth kicked in until someone in a jersey sparks them.

I think they're always trying, and they do seem like a team that absolutely gives a damn, but the wrong guy is in charge...there's simply no real system in place, no real MO.  It's a team that has to rely on pure talent more than it should.  

Some fans point to the goaltending, and I can understand that, in that they absolutely share some blame...VV and Schmid simply haven't played up to last year's levels.  But of course guys being out of position too often haven't helped either netminder, and that's why I wonder whether or not an actual SYSTEM where players usually know where they're supposed to be couldn't help in several areas.  Once upon a time, the Devils found ways to get by with Mike Mottau and Sheldon Brookbank types.

The season is at a crossroads...they're firmly in the playoff hunt, and they've managed a .675 point% over their last 20 GP, sometimes in spite of themselves.  But the Devils aren't a team that can really afford any major slumps...they need to notch points at a .636 clip the rest of the way to reach 100.  .580 gets them to 95.  They can absolutely make the playoffs this year, but it's gonna be a grind.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I'll be in 310 tonight. Ordinarily you probably wouldn't be able to see anyone up there, but tonight I might be easy to spot as I'll be the guy calling for Lindy's head, chastising our defense, and losing my sh!t after we give up the first goal for the billionth time this season. 

I like the positivity 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I think they're always trying, and they do seem like a team that absolutely gives a damn, but the wrong guy is in charge...there's simply no real system in place, no real MO.  It's a team that has to rely on pure talent more than it should.  

Honestly- what’s our identity? We don’t have an identity.