2/10/2024 GDT: Devils @ Canes, 7:00 pm EST, MSGSN

NJDevils1214

11 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

It would be nice if Lindy would show that kind of emotion.

How many Cups does Ftorek have?

Or even Finals appearances?

And FU Lindy for giving up that rebound. 

Edited by smelly

16 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I just had a real diva moment. Now I am calmed down. I am so fcking tired of losing to the Canes.

It’s definitely frustrating to keep losing to them, especially after they ousted the Devils from the postseason.  I hope the guys can bottle tonight’s intensity and combine it with better execution moving forward.

Edited by ButlerBulldog
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

It’s definitely frustrating to keep losing to them, especially after they ousted the Devils from the postseason.  I hope the guys can bottle tonight’s intensity and combine it with better execution moving forward.

I have 2004 hate that is still fresh in me.

Revenge Of The Sith Evil Laugh GIF by Star Wars

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Do you remember the rag chant "you can't beat us?"

Not any more, right?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

That’s okay.  I’ve carried my hatred of the ‘94 Rangers for the almost 30 years—not merely the Rangers franchise but that team specifically.

The hate and anger I carried about '94 was all released in a single moment.   

image.jpeg.f5e729d47640879393de8e64e8398ff5.jpeg

I don't really give a sh!t about it anymore, especially with the embarrassing way that franchise carries on like the '94 stanley cup was somehow superior to all the other cup winners.  

• Like 4

I know it will never happen but when Seigenthaler and Smith come back, based on performance, Hatakka has to be higher in the pecking order than both Smith and bAHL, right?  

Miller coming back and Hataaka drawing into the lineup has given us a really stable pairing.   I hope the old man doesn't f with that.   

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Lateralous said:

The hate and anger I carried about '94 was all released in a single moment.   

image.jpeg.f5e729d47640879393de8e64e8398ff5.jpeg

I don't really give a sh!t about it anymore, especially with the embarrassing way that franchise carries on like the '94 stanley cup was somehow superior to all the other cup winners.  

I suppose I feel differently because that Eastern Conference Finals was what made me a Devils fan.  I grew up in Indiana and thus didn’t have a local team to support, so I wasn’t much of an NHL fan until I watched the Devils battle the Rangers for seven games and adopted the former as my team.  I was disappointed when they lost, and although the following season’s championship soothed that hurt to an extent, I still wonder what might have been had the Devils faced the Canucks in the Finals.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

I suppose I feel differently because that Eastern Conference Finals was what made me a Devils fan.  I grew up in Indiana and thus didn’t have a local team to support, so I wasn’t much of an NHL fan until I watched the Devils battle the Rangers for seven games and adopted the former as my team.  I was disappointed when they lost, and although the following season’s championship soothed that hurt to an extent, I still wonder what might have been had the Devils faced the Canucks in the Finals.

The answer is 4 Stanley Cups.

Edited by Devs64
  • Like 2

Just now, ButlerBulldog said:

Fixed it for you.

Perfect. Thanks

I came to US in December 1994 and lived in Brooklyn, NY since day one. I can't even remember how I got attracted to Devils, but I always hated Rangers...go figure. I still remember the Detroit - Colorado battles...two great teams of late 90s, but Devils is my team forever.

• Like 3

So Lindy starts Vanecek coming off possibly the worst game of his career and to absolutely no one’s surprise he gives up a terrible goal in OT that costs them the 2nd point.

We were also treated to Jack playing wing, Timo on the wrong side, and Holtz on the 4th line…Again. 

And it seems no matter who runs the PP (Brunette, Recchi, Green, etc) it continues to underperform despite being absolutely stacked with offensive talent. Maybe there’s a common denominator here…

I’m just so fvcking done at this point. This team is cooked. They’re absolutely not making the playoffs. And that is nothing short of a catastrophic failure. Sleepy Fitz got his extension and went on an extended vacation. 

What an absolute disaster of a season. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ButlerBulldog said:

That’s okay.  I’ve carried my hatred of the ‘94 Rangers for the almost 30 years—not merely the Rangers franchise but that team specifically.

Yup. For me though, those ghosts were exorcized right after Henrique's goal. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

So Lindy starts Vanecek coming off possibly the worst game of his career and to absolutely no one’s surprise he gives up a terrible goal in OT that costs them the 2nd point.

We were also treated to Jack playing wing, Timo on the wrong side, and Holtz on the 4th line…Again. 

And it seems no matter who runs the PP (Brunette, Recchi, Green, etc) it continues to underperform despite being absolutely stacked with offensive talent. Maybe there’s a common denominator here…

I’m just so fvcking done at this point. This team is cooked. They’re absolutely not making the playoffs. And that is nothing short of a catastrophic failure. Sleepy Fitz got his extension and went on an extended vacation. 

What an absolute disaster of a season. 

I just hope Fitz doesn't do something desperate last minute like trade Holtz + Casey, and/or Holtz + our first-rounder for a 34-year old Markstrom.

Edited by slasher72
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jagknife said:

I haven’t liked Luke’s game for a little bit now…

And see I’m the opposite. I think he’s been very good defensively (along with Marino) for a while now. He made a great play on Aho tonight. Which he seems to do to the other team’s best player at least once or twice a night lately. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

I just hope Fitz doesn't do something desperate last minute like trade Holtz + Casey, and/or Holtz + our first-rounder for a 34-year old Markstrom.

It sounds like Calgary asked for a similar haul and was left standing at the altar, so perhaps Fitz won’t do that.  If he instead decides the season is lost, however, I wouldn’t cry if he tried to move Toffoli’s expiring contract.  Tyler’s a good player, but he doesn’t fit with the Devils long-term.