GDT - Stadium Series Game, Devils vs Flyers 2/17/24 8pm Abc, ESPN+

NJDfan1711

I guess I'll try my luck at a GameDay thread for this special occasion. For anyone who's going in person, I'm jealous.  I imagine the view is probably pretty crappy because you're so far away, but the experience is probably pretty incredible. It's a bit of a bucket list for me to go to an outdoor game - it would be so much better if I got to see the Devils, but honestly I would go to see any two teams play outdoors just one time. 

I hope the boys enjoy it, but I also hope they don't lose focus and they know what's at stake here. Divisional game against our second most hated rival. This one matters. A lot. Play like it does, and have fun. 

Enjoy the moment, and get two points. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I guess I'll try my luck at a GameDay thread for this special occasion. For anyone who's going in person, I'm jealous.  I imagine the view is probably pretty crappy because you're so far away, but the experience is probably pretty incredible. It's a bit of a bucket list for me to go to an outdoor game - it would be so much better if I got to see the Devils, but honestly I would go to see any two teams play outdoors just one time. 

I hope the boys enjoy it, but I also hope they don't lose focus and they know what's at stake here. Divisional game against our second most hated rival. This one matters. A lot. Play like it does, and have fun. 

Enjoy the moment, and get two points. 

Even if this weren’t a Stadium Series or rivalry game, I’d still be excited for it because of who’s coaching the opposing team.  My hatred of Torts is deep, so much so that I need only look at him for all the anger to come rushing back full force.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Even if this weren’t a Stadium Series or rivalry game, I’d still be excited for it because of who’s coaching the opposing team.  My hatred of Torts is deep, so much so that I need only look at him for all the anger to come rushing back full force.

I used to hate him stemming from his time with the Rags, but I’ve kind of come around on him in recent years. He’s infinitely entertaining in his press conferences, and you can’t deny his results. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nicomo said:

I used to hate him stemming from his time with the Rags, but I’ve kind of come around on him in recent years. He’s infinitely entertaining in his press conferences, and you can’t deny his results. 

Agree with the last part, as he definitely understands how to get the most out of his players, a big reason why the Flyers have been better than the Devils to this point in the season.  In an alternate universe where Torts coaches New Jersey and Lindy, Philadelphia, the Devils are a top-three team in the East, while the Flyers are in last place.

I’m so gonna freeze my nuts off at this one.

thank god I already have kids…

24 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

They tried to slip Bastian in there. :lol:

7 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

All 3 are honestly. Here’s the black. 

image.thumb.png.6b04bce1f75e4aef163befdc043c2c7c.png

Awesome jerseys that the NHL surely will also not capitalize on and allow to be purchased…

• Like 6
  • Angry 1

I don’t think I’ve been to the Meadowlands since Ottawa knocked us out of the playoffs almost 20 years ago.   Can’t say I miss it but I am jacked for todays game.   LGD!  

1 hour ago, DevilMinder said:

I've been at MetLife for Giants games at 9 degrees. It's a windy stadium and no real wind protection, wear gloves and a hat for sure.

Let's go Devils!

I think our tickets are one of the front rows of the upper level (center ice) so we’ll be bundled up for sure.   

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Nicomo said:

All 3 are honestly. Here’s the black. 

image.thumb.png.6b04bce1f75e4aef163befdc043c2c7c.png

Yeah I’d buy one of each

• Like 2