GDT - Stadium Series Game, Devils vs Flyers 2/17/24 8pm Abc, ESPN+

NJDfan1711

2 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Seems like Fanatics is just straight making things up at this point. I can’t imagine this being true. What an all time fumble from start to finish. 

Maybe Jack hates them…  I can’t stand them.

but I know I’m in the minority 

• Shocking 1
  • EvilHeart 1

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Who, Fanatics? No minority. Everyone hates them.

I think aylbert hates the Stadium Series jersey design.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

BLASPHEMY 🤣

And sadly all you have to do is swap the red and black in that template and you have a black alternate that absolutely blows away the Jersey jersey.

• Like 7

It may have to do with money. Maybe there's a separate agreement with the NHLPA for Stadium Series stuff where players don't get money from it, so he doesn't want them produced? Just a thought.

6 minutes ago, Mitico12 said:

It may have to do with money. Maybe there's a separate agreement with the NHLPA for Stadium Series stuff where players don't get money from it, so he doesn't want them produced? Just a thought.

The Devils have already denied that Jack ever made such a demand.  It didn't happen.

• Like 4

Just now, aylbert said:

This.  
It feels weird despising what everyone seems to like.

Nah, no right or wrong.  I don't like the Jersey jerseys (as do others), but by the number of fans that I see wearing them to games, obviously there's fans who like them a LOT.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Nah, no right or wrong.  I don't like the Jersey jerseys (as do others), but by the number of fans that I see wearing them to games, obviously there's fans who like them a LOT.  

Yeah it’s all subjective. Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, aylbert said:

This.  

17 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah it’s all subjective. Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder.

Nah, he’s just weird… 😉

• Haha 5

They honestly might be my favorite Adidas era jerseys. The whole uniform really pops on the ice. I’m already kicking myself for not getting an authentic when I had the chance. I really wanted one of the younger guys like Luke or Nemec, but having a Nico after that performance would be awesome. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

And sadly all you have to do is swap the red and black in that template and you have a black alternate that absolutely blows away the Jersey jersey.

I have an old worn out hat that I’ve probably had for 15 years that I always thought would have been perfect for a black 3rd jersey.   Logo looks sharp without the circle.  Glad they finally did some version of it for the Stadium Series

72996189653__5AFFC1A7-F941-4CC5-A6AC-43CAD9056095.jpeg

• Like 5

6 hours ago, aylbert said:

This.  

It’s even weirder liking what everyone else despises.  I like the “Jersey” jersey and would actually like to see the Devils do some sort of “blackout” for games when they’re worn, similar to what the Mets do for Friday home games (I’m a Yankees fan, but I appreciate what the Mets are trying to do with that theme).

10 hours ago, ButlerBulldog said:

It’s even weirder liking what everyone else despises.  I like the “Jersey” jersey and would actually like to see the Devils do some sort of “blackout” for games when they’re worn, similar to what the Mets do for Friday home games (I’m a Yankees fan, but I appreciate what the Mets are trying to do with that theme).

Most people do like the jersey jersey though, it's why you see so many of them in the stands. It's grown on me a bit but I still haven't and probably won't ever purchase one. If I have points to burn on my Devils season ticket rewards I might get one if they ever put them up. 

• Like 2

I can't see Jack actually caring about what brand people buy his jersey from unless maybe he's sponsoring another brand and his agent made a stink about it, which is probably a bit of a stretch.  Especially since the jersey production stuff is league-mandated and not team-mandated afaik.

9 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I can't see Jack actually caring about what brand people buy his jersey from unless maybe he's sponsoring another brand and his agent made a stink about it, which is probably a bit of a stretch.  Especially since the jersey production stuff is league-mandated and not team-mandated afaik.

On 2/19/2024 at 3:21 PM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The Devils have already denied that Jack ever made such a demand.  It didn't happen.

28 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Yeah, Konecny wasn’t wrong.

Yeah he was dead on

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

It would have been even funnier had Konecny asked Smith what he has on Lindy that’s keeping him in the lineup.

What would have been even funnier than that is if Konecny asked Smith what Lindy has on Nero the GM that’s keeping him employed. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

What would have been even funnier than that is if Konecny asked Smith what Lindy has on Nero the GM that’s keeping him employed. 

Maybe Lindy helped him get out of a sticky situation when they were in Florida together.

• Like 1