2/22/2024 GDT: Rangers @ Devils, 7 pm - Win or Else

Colorado Rockies 1976

We all know what the deal is.

Devils are "only" four points out of a WC berth, with them and the Red Wings having played the same number of games, and five points behind Tampa with two games in hand.

Being kinda close only matters so much when your team isn't showing any signs of going on a bender...and the Devils simply aren't.  12-12-3 in their last 27.  7-9-2 in their last 18.  4-3-1 in their last 8.  Simply not good enough for a team that needs to make up ground.  They're a week or two from being left behind for good.

I've said it elsewhere, but either they win these next five games, or I think they're pretty much toast.

I suspect that I know what will happen tonight, but hope that I'm wrong.

L G M F D!

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

My heart says lgd but my head says good fvckin luck. Fingers crossed.

This. I don’t have much faith after what I saw the last game. Also have zero faith in our coach who just sits there happily stealing money from management and pissing our season away

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bonginator11 said:

This. I don’t have much faith after what I saw the last game. Also have zero faith in our coach who just sits there and swivels his head from side to side, happily stealing money from management and pissing our season away

FIFY.

• Like 2

I used buybacks on both of these games this season. The prices for these tickets are absolutely unjustifiable . 

Before anyone whines about why there's so many blue dummies in the crowd the Devils consider these two games the highest tiered games so it's the 2 most expensive games of the regular season.

Just to show how I simply can't justify paying these prices for regular season tickets against these dirt bags in blue..... The cost of the money I got back from the buybacks for these 2 games, which is just face value, is $100 more than my FULL season tickets for the Red Bulls who have 17 games at home for the regular season. It's also the equivalent of more than one third of the cost of one of my Devils seats for the entire season. 

It's absolutely unjustifiable for the regular season. Even more so after I spent money on 4 playoff games against them and if we somehow make the playoffs we might end up against them again.

If the Devils didn't charge me so much money for these games I wouldn't think twice about going because while I'm lucky enough to be able to afford it I just can't justify it. 

All that being said... 

F*CK THE RANGERS! 

LETS GO DEVILS!!! 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I used buybacks on both of these games this season. The prices for these tickets are absolutely unjustifable. 

Before anyone whines about why there's so many blue dummies in the crowd the Devils consider these two games the highest tiered games so it's the 2 most expensive games of the regular season.

Just to show how I simply can't justify paying these prices for regular season tickets against these dirt bags in blue..... The cost of the money I got back from the buybacks for these 2 games, which is just face value, is $100 more than my FULL season tickets for the Red Bulls who have 17 games at home for the regular season. It's also the equivalent of more than one third of the cost of one of my Devils seats for the entire season. 

It's absolutely unjustifiable for the regular season. Even more so after I spent money on 4 playoff games against them and if we somehow make the playoffs we might end up against them again.

If the Devils didn't charge me so much money for these games I wouldn't think twice about going because while I'm lucky enough to be able to afford it I just can't justify it. 

All that being said... 

F*CK THE RANGERS! 

LETS GO DEVILS!!! 

So what you’re saying is you sold your tickets to Rag fans? 

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

So what you’re saying is you sold your tickets to Rag fans? 

Nope, buybacks means the team buys them back from me and gives me a credit off my invoice for next year. Whoever buys them after that buys them from Ticketmaster and that ain't my problem. You wanna point fingers at the issues of the stadium being filled with blue you can let the front office know. They clearly don't give a sh!t anyway because look how they treated the playoffs last year. They only care about money when it comes to this series and do absolutely fvck all to ensure the building stays red so why should I give a sh!t? 

I'm not paying more money for 2 games against them for regular season games that cost more than my full season of red bulls tickets. The next lowest tier of games is almost $100 a seat less than these games. You don't think that's even slightly absurd? 

When I go to the Red Bulls games they don't charge me more as a season ticket holder simply cause we are playing a rival.

It's nonsense and I'm tired of the fans being blamed for sh!t practices when this front office is the sole reason as to why these games are the way they are. They already get way more enough of my money than they even remotely deserve. 

Also they rewarded my financial loyalty with a 9% increase for a team that is probably gonna miss the playoffs so I really don't give a fvck about who is the stands tonight when they don't care either. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 4

What do people propose teams do to try to keep opposing fans out of the building?  Create one of those ridiculous "away team" sections, where fans in opposing jerseys are restricted to sitting in one single section all contained together?  That's just stupid, and reeks of a kindergarten mentality where you can't handle tough situations.  

We as fans need to have some accountability. Why do Rags fans pack our stadium, but we don't do that to theirs? Is it because of ticket prices? If that's the case, are we just assuming that Rangers fans make more money and can afford more than Devil's fans? We know that's not broadly true. 

Are we assuming they're just more passionate and dedicated and willing to make the trip across the river?  That seems plausible. And if so, it sucks.  I think everyone on this board would suggest otherwise, but clearly the "common" Devils fan might act and think about that way.

Edited by NJDfan1711

2 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

What do people propose teams do to try to keep opposing fans out of the building?  C

I’d be fine with someone standing next to all the points of entry with blowtorches. Particularly tonight. They’ll get the message that way. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, devlman said:

I hate the Rangers so much, just win tonight is all I ask.

This is probably what you’ll get.   An unexpected gutsy win followed by losing a 4-1 “squeaker” to the Canadians on Saturday is kind of this teams M.O.   

• Like 2

Just now, Lateralous said:

This is probably what you’ll get.   An unexpected gutsy win followed by losing a 4-1 “squeaker” to the Canadians on Saturday is kind of this teams M.O.   

I'm always happy to see the Devils beat the Rangers, but yeah, any enthusiasm I might get from that is going to be highly tempered.  I'm to the point where I need to see them win the three "winnable" games coming up (Montreal, San Jose, and Anaheim), at the very least.  And beat the team that you have to beat on Sunday to boot!

I'm also to the point where I need to see the Devils actually BE in a WC spot, before I start to feel like they might make the playoffs.  Talk to me when it actually happens.  

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

What do people propose teams do to try to keep opposing fans out of the building?  Create one of those ridiculous "away team" sections, where fans in opposing jerseys are restricted to sitting in one single section all contained together?  That's just stupid, and reeks of a kindergarten mentality where you can't handle tough situations.  

We as fans need to have some accountability. Why do Rags fans pack our stadium, but we don't do that to theirs? Is it because of ticket prices? If that's the case, are we just assuming that Rangers fans make more money and can afford more than Devil's fans? We know that's not broadly true. 

Are we assuming they're just more passionate and dedicated and willing to make the trip across the river?  That seems plausible. And if so, it sucks.  I think everyone on this board would suggest otherwise, but clearly the "common" Devils fan might act and think about that way.

It's because most of their fans that go to our games only go to those two games all year. Most of them aren't making the trip over the river because a lot of them live in NJ and it's easier and cheaper for them to go to their 2 games a year at Prudential than go to MSG for games. What is the incentive for example for a family of 4 to drop almost 1k on seats for one of these games when they could attend almost 10 other Devils games for that amount of money?

That's also not mentioning that these games bring out the absolute biggest douche bags and a$$holes for both fan bases. I've sat near and around so many absolute fvcking idiots in both sets of jerseys during these games for over 2 decades.

And that is why away sections are absolutely amazing, until you experience it you'll never understand how truly amazing it is. I've done it all around the country and Canada for the Red Bulls and I've been to games in England. It's a night and day difference in terms of an enjoyable experience when attending road games. I would easily attend 20+ road games if we had that league wide. I'd do every Philly, Rangers and Islanders road games like I use to way back in the day. Instead I've only been to 2 away games since Jagr scored his 700th goal at Nassau cause the experience blows for the cost and time involved. 

Part of that is because the older I get the more I absolutely have no patience for idiots and the other major part of it is that being in away sections at soccer has ruined regular away games for me in hockey because I simply don't want to talk with nor associate with other teams fans. 

I got lucky at the stadium series game because even though I sat in front of Flyers fans despite being on the Devils shoot 2x they were mostly ok but still had to listen to them cheer and say stupid sh!t all night before they left to beat the traffic 10 mins early. 

In terms of our fans being the ones that to need to be held accountable, fvck that. The front office screwed over a lot of partial plan holders last for last years playoffs by choosing money over loyalty and selling all the tickets for more on Ticketmaster instead of keeping as much blue out as possible. They are 100% at fault for that and deserve all the blame for what happened there and it's impossible for me to blame fans for not giving a fvck about these games when the front office doesn't do fvck all to fight it. 

You want other ideas? Here's one that the team will never ever do because it doesn't earn them money. Season ticket holders who show up to divisional games in a Devils jersey can check in with their reps wearing a Devils jersey at the game. Can be as simple as snapping a selfie with the scoreboard in the background that the reps verify afterwards. If they show up to every divisional game their ticket prices aren't allowed to go up by more than 2% for the next season but again the front office doesn't reward loyalty over money. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

The idea behind keeping opponents’ fans—and Rangers fans, in particular—out of the building is to maintain home-ice advantage with respect to fan support.  If at least forty percent of the crowd is wearing blue jerseys, that doesn’t happen.  Why should Rangers fans be allowed to turn a game at Prudential Center into a de facto road contest for the Devils?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

The idea behind keeping opponents’ fans—and Rangers fans, in particular—out of the building is to maintain home-ice advantage with respect to fan support.  If at least forty percent of the crowd is wearing blue jerseys, that doesn’t happen.  Why should Rangers fans be allowed to turn a game at Prudential Center into a de facto road contest for the Devils?

💯 If was up to me, they wouldn’t even be allowed in at all. Their money ain’t green and they can fvck off and go spend it at the most overrated sh!thole on earth in Midtown. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

💯 If was up to me, they wouldn’t even be allowed in at all. Their money ain’t green and they can fvck off and go spend it at the most overrated sh!thole on earth in Midtown. 

If ever win an insane lotto I'm buying the team and putting in away fan only sections for every single game and fan friendly concession stand prices. Sections 12/13/14 only for the away sections. 13 is sold first then 12 and then 14 if they sell them out. They have a week before the game deadline then the rest of the tickets get released to our fans. The sections will have a heavy amount of security. 

I'll stop day dreaming now lol

• Like 1