GDT - 2/25/2024 Lightning @ Devils, 1 pm, MSGSN/TNT - Lindy Overcomplicates Things

ButlerBulldog

Yeah sorry dude nobody wants to hear about the draft this year when we were supposed to be past hoping the next shiny thing will be the answer down the road.  Really it's getting high time soon where draft picks are more trade options than actual roster options anyway.  But yeah talking about the draft when the Devils for all intents and purposes were eliminated from the playoffs once and for all in a season where they were AT LEAST supposed to be playing playoff games again is just not reading the room.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I would like to say it's been a good season, but it hasn't. I'm taking a very long road trip in 2 weeks going to Canada to see the Devils and Leafs in Toronto, and I was really looking forward to that game having some meaning before our playoff time. Now it's going to be meaningless.  

I’m seeing them in Vegas in March. At least it’s Vegas and I’ll be hammered.

• Like 2
  • Vomiting 1

Epic failure for the organization from top to bottom this season.   I’ve been a supporter of Fitz but after absolutely punting two of the last three seasons, his ass should be squarely on the hot seat.   

Also, if Jack and Timo need surgery, shut ‘em down.   I don’t want to see Jacks shoulder come out again in some meaningless game before it gets fixed and Timo is useless, so who cares.   

• Like 4

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

I’m seeing them in Vegas in March. At least it’s Vegas and I’ll be hammered.

If you do the sky fall off the Stratosphere, I want visual confirmation you are secured in the suit and on the cable before you step off the ledge…

• Haha 1

Just now, jagknife said:

If you do the sky fall off the Stratosphere, I want visual confirmation you are secured in the suit and on the cable before you step off the ledge…

If Lindy is still the coach, I can’t promise you anything 🤣

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

I’ve been a supporter of Fitz but after absolutely punting two of the last three seasons, his ass should be squarely on the hot seat.  

I agree; but he just signed an extension, so I doubt he’s concerned about his job security.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lateralous said:

Epic failure for the organization from top to bottom this season.   I’ve been a supporter of Fitz but after absolutely punting two of the last three seasons, his ass should be squarely on the hot seat.   

Also, if Jack and Timo need surgery, shut ‘em down.   I don’t want to see Jacks shoulder come out again in some meaningless game before it gets fixed and Timo is useless, so who cares.   

Three Stooges GIF by IFC

coaching staff 

Just now, Lateralous said:

Fitz’s decisions over the last three years demonstrate that he is loathe to invest resources in the G position. 

21-22 they woefully underperform their metrics due to a true disaster in net. 

22 offseason - Fitz surprises the hockey world by trying to fill that hole with a guy who has never been a number 1, who has been decidedly average at best in limited time, and who is not generally highly regarded around the league. He lucks out for the first half as f last year as VV outperforms his career baseline, but that starts changing around mid season, accelerates as the season winds down, and is an absolute train wreck by spring. Fitz’s ass is saved for ten days by a flash in the pan performance by an unproven rookie, who quickly turns into a pumpkin.

Last offseason - Fitz dawdles, and despite all warning signs puts all of his eggs elsewhere.  Deems G prices too high  

This season - bomb utterly unsurprisingly detonates in his face. Despite having time to act, he again refuses to accept that given his own mismanagement, the nature Of the position around the league, and the dearth of immediate internal options, he stands pat unwilling to pay the going rate  

Fitz has now had enough proof that he needs to rethink his approach. There is no way to any meaningful cup window unless he relents and gives up painful assets that might weaken one part of the roster to benefit the greater good of the organization.

It’s his and only his fault he now has no leverage.  Tough sh!t  

1 minute ago, smelly said:

Fitz’s decisions over the last three years demonstrate that he is loathe to invest resources in the G position. 

21-22 they woefully underperform their metrics due to a true disaster in net. 

22 offseason - Fitz surprises the hockey world by trying to fill that hole with a guy who has never been a number 1, who has been decidedly average at best in limited time, and who is not generally highly regarded around the league. He lucks out for the first half as f last year as VV outperforms his career baseline, but that starts changing around mid season, accelerates as the season winds down, and is an absolute train wreck by spring. Fitz’s ass is saved for ten days by a flash in the pan performance by an unproven rookie, who quickly turns into a pumpkin.

Last offseason - Fitz dawdles, and despite all warning signs puts all of his eggs elsewhere.  Deems G prices too high  

This season - bomb utterly unsurprisingly detonates in his face. Despite having time to act, he again refuses to accept that given his own mismanagement, the nature Of the position around the league, and the dearth of immediate internal options, he stands pat unwilling to pay the going rate  

Fitz has now had enough proof that he needs to rethink his approach. There is no way to any meaningful cup window unless he relents and gives up painful assets that might weaken one part of the roster to benefit the greater good of the organization.

It’s his and only his fault he now has no leverage.  Tough sh!t  

I see your “get a new goalie” and I will guarantee he is ruined by Rogalski.

both need to change this summer. Period.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Using the rest of my buybacks and the other games I'm posting for sale. Want any money I can get back for this season that I can get. Besides them wearing the stadium series jerseys again and the last home game of the season I don't care about watching from home instead. 

So happy they raised the ticket prices by 9%, this team doesn't warrant that on or off the ice. 

I used a lot of mine early, not in any way thinking there was a way I wouldn't renew, but between this team's gutlessness, lack of accountability and the dumbass overreach of a ticket hike I definitely have sellers' remorse now, I'll have to hold out on using them next year, and the damn buybacks are usually the biggest selling point since it helps me shed the crap games without worrying about trying to get twenty cents on the dollar

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, smelly said:

Easy for you to say from where you sit. 

Jack is nowhere near 100 percent, likely needs surgery, and is gutting it out regardless. And by now you know what I report about this is completely accurate. 

You really don’t know what you are talking about. 

If Jack isn’t healthy, then he needs to shut it down.  He’s not helping the Devils by playing poorly—and he is playing poorly, no matter the underlying reason—so he’d be better served preparing for next season.  Otherwise what you say is of no consequence to me.  I won’t be responding to any more of your posts as long as I remain a member of this community, as your inability to converse civilly has earned you a spot on my ignore list.  I wish you well, but my path will never again find its way with yours.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Lmfao 

Not looking forward to drafting guys and then saying gotta give them a few years to maybe become good impact players as the seasons roll by the wayside. Yeah, me neither and I have the advantage of not having the team's balls slam my chin with 9% ST increases.

• Thanks 1

I get that the team was hard pressed with injuries, I get that trading for a goalie is usually risky and not wanting to cough up assets in young promising players makes it extra tough. But you still have to do something. This team was junk to begin the year, junk with injuries, and junk now with people getting "healthy".

It's still a business, where I would assume the goal is to win a championship. Gotta cut ties to make your team better.

New coaching staff

New starting goalie

And for fvcks sake get some players who can play a gritty physical game for a change. Even if the team is playing somewhat well, all any opposition has to do is play physical and this team is completely thrown off. No answers

So much wasting star players prime years, regression of young development, and for the life of me idk why we still have our goalie coach. He should've been gone a few seasons ago.

• Like 5

Left with about 8 mins left in the third; just couldn’t take it anymore and there was no reason to believe a magical comeback was in the wings.

Right now it’s about getting something decent back for Toffoli.  And FFS, now that there’s truly nothing to lose, might as well get Holtz Top 6 minutes from here on out and see how it goes.

I was hoping for better but this game was about par for the course this year.  Whoever the next coach is, I think it needs to be someone who’s far from warm and fuzzy but knows his sh!t and demands accountability across the board.

And yeah, if it’s better to shut Jack and Timo down, go ahead and do it.  No reason to force anything; there’s nothing left to gain.  Season just ended.

• Like 4