GDT: 3/16/24 Devils last last stand @ Coyotes 5:00pm MSGSN

NJDfan1711

Sorry, I feel like this franchise is in a much worse position than when they first came into the league in ‘82.  6 years in they made a deep run in the playoffs.  Since 2003 this franchise had 1 really good year in 2012.   Besides that, nothing.  Don’t see this crap changing anytime soon unfortunately.  Haven’t had one decent goalie since Brodeur retired.  If the Oilers don’t win the cup this year they’re going to waste McDavid’s career just like the Devils are going to waste Hughes’ career.  Fvck sports.

• Haha 1

Just now, ajsgolf said:

Sorry, I feel like this franchise is in a much worse position than when they first came into the league in ‘82.  6 years in they made a deep run in the playoffs.  Since 2003 this franchise had 1 really good year in 2012.   Besides that, nothing.  Don’t see this crap changing anytime soon unfortunately.  Haven’t had one decent goalie since Brodeur retired.  If the Oilers don’t win the cup this year they’re going to waste McDavid’s career just like the Devils are going to waste Hughes’ career.  Fvck sports.

I don’t feel this way at all.  As bad as this season has been, a lot of the difficulties facing the team are correctable with better coaching.  Fitz needs to find a starter at goalie as well, but the Devils should be markedly better in ‘24-25.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Others here will dispute you and say that the Devils still have a bright future, but I'm with you.

They need a competent NHL goalie and the cost will be too much for that. 

They will have their goalie, but at what price. If they have to rob Peter to Paul then what's the point?

Just now, ButlerBulldog said:

Chico: “We could go through the list of teams who won’t make the playoffs who’ve won points from the Devils.”

Chico does tell it like it is

• Like 3

Just now, ButlerBulldog said:

Chico: “We could go through the list of teams who won’t make the playoffs who’ve won points from the Devils.”

Credit to you for sticking through this one.

Baby Hat GIF

• Like 2

Just now, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Credit to you for sticking through this one.

Baby Hat GIF

Thank you, but I must admit that I fell asleep for a few minutes at the end of the first period.  I woke up when Matt and Chico were discussing Kahkonen getting pulled.

2 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Shut Jack down already if he's playing injured.

He's looked brutal. No sense trotting him out there at this point.

Once the Devils are mathematically eliminated, that’s almost certainly what will happen.