2024 Offseason Thread - It’s FINALLY here

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, nessus said:

Inside the top 25 in points for defensemen as a rookie, top pair on the Wild, very good defensively.

Bedard, as sensational as he is offensively, is pretty awful defensively. Faber would get my vote.

He's good there's no question about that but he does not deserve it over bedard saying otherwise would be a pretty hot take. I respect the opinion

Kind of wish there was a separate trophy for defense. Compare an offense to defenses pretty damn hard. I would be cool if they went the NFL route and share defensive and offensive rookie of the Year 

Edited by Muevelos

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Holy sh!t I swear if Groan gets the fvcking job here...

us and them no GIF by The Orchard Films

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1
  • Vomiting 2

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

the-office-dont-like-that-h0fmrdntflr5vo2p.gif

I DO like that idea that someone else might hire him.  But the idea that he's somehow a "strong" candidate here...I'm sorry but what the hell did he show exactly?  Other than he can't win even when his goalies are standing on their heads most nights?

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I'd rather a big swing, than breaking the bat, driving a ball straight down but just ahead of home plate, and then getting tagged out by the catcher before the hitter even knows what happened.  That's the equivalent of sticking with Groan.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

He also brings up Cooper as a possibility but as @StarDew mentioned yesterday he signed a contract extension not long ago, but then again so did Lindy. 

Cooper has one year left; lots of speculation he may leave Tampa apparently. He’d rocket to the front of the list for me. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

Interesting

Yeah, makes no sense to me if I am small market team...it defeats the system in place that has created parity. There must be some loud voices keeping it in place.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Saw a notification that Rod the Bod's future in Carolina is uncertain - maybe he'd come to NJ?

Highly doubtful he’d ever leave Carolina. And if he does, the rumor is Seattle because of his connection with Francis. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Nicomo said:

I would be a big fan of a Sullivan hire compared to what else is out there. The issue is prying him away from PIT. The core group there loves him. Dubas may think differently too though with how mid they were and may want to flex his GM muscles. Getting a cup winner behind the bench would do our group well, but I'm meh on Berube or any recently fired coaches really. 

Boudreau would be interesting one who I think could motivate well, but it seems like when his teams go bad, they really go bad and his later time in VAN left a bad taste I think. Scott Stevens would be one out of the blue hire I'd be excited for if he ever were to want the job, but I think that would be a longshot darkhorse as I'm pretty sure he'd said he's happy where he's at recently or in the past. 

Brind'Amor isn't going anywhere if the Canes can pound the NYR in 5, but if he or Cooper somehow become available, I think you have to at least shoot your shot with them. I don't see Cooper moving on unless they really start playing like sh!t. 

Edited by RizzMB30
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Highly doubtful he’d ever leave Carolina. And if he does, the rumor is Seattle because of his connection with Francis. 

I could see that. Seattle is also looking for a new coach and it was apparently some players said at the end of year interviews that they didn't see themselves wanting to be on the team long-term if Hakstol is still the coach. Players can basically oust coaches if GMs and upper management start hearing some really bad reviews now. Had to have been some key guys there like Beniers or Eberle. 

Edited by RizzMB30
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

weekes and Civian each chimed in saying if the deal is in fact been pulled, Rod could use it to leverage another deal from the Canes.

I’d offer him a percentage stake in the damn team to get him to coach here.

cooper too.

SWING FOR THE FENCES, TOM! 

Can't see Rod leaving but you never know. The tie to Seattle would be pretty significant I would think would be the first hurdle.  

On Cooper I'm confused about all the stuff going around today.  I think the only way he leaves TB is on his timeline and choice, very unfortunate.

My preference would be

1- Cooper

2- Rod

3-Sullivan

Dropping off a cliff

- The Rest of the field

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Holy sh!t I swear if Groan gets the fvcking job here...

us and them no GIF by The Orchard Films

If Fitz hires Green, he may as well pack up his things.  What could he possibly have seen in that guy to think he’s any sort of long-term answer?

• Like 2