2024 Playoffs GDT

RunninWithTheDevil

9 hours ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

That tkachuck trade has to be one of the most lopsided in NHL history. Up there with Taylor Hall one for one and third overall pick for Tom Kurvers

Getting Huberdeau at the time seemed like a solid recovery move, but he’s been incredibly disappointing for them, no question.

• Like 1

Tampa doesn't look good at all. Their PP looks like ours, and they have made some sloppy turnovers.  Panthers overall though are just faster and more skilled. About the only even thing in the series so far has been the goaltending, which has been fun to watch. Vasi has been pretty solid, but Bobrovsky has been a tad better. 

Haven’t really been watching much but Ovechkin is getting shredded for apparently not giving much in the way of effort at all.  Pretty disappointing, especially since he finished his season on a such a surge (23 goals over his final 36 GP).  

3 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I really thought some of these series would be a little bit more competitive. Islanders have looked pathetic, and Ovechkin skates like it's a warmup at beer league. 

I think Ovechkin cares about one thing at this point: breaking Gretzky’s record. He’s got his Cup. He’s only about the record now. 

Edited by MadDog2020

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

It's a shame Washington couldn't even bang the Rags up a little going into the second round. They used to at least be good for that.

Also, Connor Hellebuyck....ooof marone, he looks terrible!

image.gif.e8b7666edd477ac01bf2457b49f4ce14.gif

Hopefully game 4 they let Tom Wilson loose and have him run over their players.

• Like 1

I never have been able to get past the training staff needing to take Scott Niedermayer’s pulse on the ice and then Toronto fans showing up a few days later with a “free Domi” banner at the meadowlands.   fvck Tie Domi, his mouthy son and that entire franchise.   

Just watching this team makes my blood boil.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

I never have been able to get past the training staff needing to take Scott Niedermayer’s pulse on the ice and then Toronto fans showing up a few days later with a “free Domi” banner at the meadowlands.   fvck Tie Domi, his mouthy son and that entire franchise.   

Yeah I detest the Leafs. They can’t lose enough. 

8 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

So glad the Devils beat them in 2000 AND 2001.  And Tie really helped to cost them that 2001 series.

The Leafs crowd just DESTROYED their team with boos after the third Bruins goal heh heh.

And gotta give it up to Lundqvist…he’s very good on air.  Very natural and comfortable.

• Like 2

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

And gotta give it up to Lundqvist…he’s very good on air.  Very natural and comfortable.

I was just texting this to my friends.  I naturally hate anything NYR, but he literally always has something insightful to add to the intermission when he speaks.   

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah I detest the Leafs. They can’t lose enough. 

It’s okay though.   They’ll spend all summer talking about how Marner sucks and that they can’t possibly pay him a penny over 8 million going forward only to give him 8 years at 12 million by New Years after he starts off the season with 40 points by Christmas.  

• Like 1

Re NYR and Rempe raises the question  how will this affect this division long term? Is LaViollette changing the way hockey is played in this division beyond the 2024 srason? Is Rempe a one off? Will another team go after him 2 on 1? Since he disregards the norm of facing an opponent's defender that does not seem far fetched. Will another team just beat the crap out of him?

But the NYR  have been a very hard hitting team all year. Rempe just takes it to another level.  Turning the clock back several decades on how hockey os played. Apparently to the approval of fans at MSG. 

Playoff hockey has always been played at a different level of intensity, which officials have been open to; but allowing NYR to win by crippling opponents is hardly fair play and not sportsmanship by any stretch of the imagination. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

As a goalie guy and a Devils fan, Lundqvist has to be my most respected Ranger of all time. It pisses me off that such an elite goalie had his whole Championship prime wasted by that garbage organization. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

As a goalie guy and a Devils fan, Lundqvist has to be my most respected Ranger of all time. It pisses me off that such an elite goalie had his whole Championship prime wasted by that garbage organization. 

Lundqvist had a four-year stretch in the playoffs where he was mostly excellent (save% around .930 overall and a GSAA of 25.3)…he made 76 starts.  His record over those starts was just 39-36, with one no-decision…the Rangers both couldn’t score enough nor could they finish off series in a timely enough manner.  With that level of play, he easily could’ve won a Cup or two in a different situation.  

9 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Lundqvist had a four-year stretch in the playoffs where he was mostly excellent (save% around .930 overall and a GSAA of 25.3)…he made 76 starts.  His record over those starts was just 39-36, with one no-decision…the Rangers both couldn’t score enough nor could they finish off series in a timely enough manner.  With that level of play, he easily could’ve won a Cup or two in a different situation.  

He definitely earned a lot of respect even from the rival teams and their fans, myself included. There's only one thing about him I can't accept - "king". 

• Like 2

On 4/27/2024 at 10:36 AM, NJDevils1214 said:

It's a shame Washington couldn't even bang the Rags up a little going into the second round. They used to at least be good for that.

Also, Connor Hellebuyck....ooof marone, he looks terrible!

image.gif.e8b7666edd477ac01bf2457b49f4ce14.gif

He got owned again today