2024 Playoffs GDT

RunninWithTheDevil

Ray Ferraro is so annoying.

"Laviolette is unhappy with the officiating in this game...." what a cry baby, his team is winning because of the powerplay, but still has the gall to cry about everything the refs are doing when his team gets called...

New York, typical..

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Steve says he knows a ton of people only show up to watch this video every year lol.

He makes multiple solid points in this video:

Shanahan is part of the problem. Period. He’s been the only constant across all the failures and pushed the core 4 agenda. He should be held accountable (I hope not, for hilarity)

the core four is a problem, in its own right. The Tavares deal by Dubas was a reach, then giving him the C instead of Matthews was… a choice.

Marner is Marner, dogged it on the change, and didn’t try to catch pasta.

Matthews very well might be a distraction. Potted 69 goals, is a selke nominee, but idk, the team played different when he was out. But he’s making over $13m next year, the cap hasn’t taken the jump and the young core is running out of runway.

Nylander was really the only guy who showed and he only played 4 games.

Crosby had the right mentality to build a winning team: everyone take a little less, and have flexibility. Unfortunately for Toronto, no one bought into that. $46 million on 4 players. Woof.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jagknife said:

He looked even worse than Marner on the game winning goal though. Rielly got caught flat footed, but Marner and Nylander it was just a complete lack of effort. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Crosby had the right mentality to build a winning team: everyone take a little less, and have flexibility. Unfortunately for Toronto, no one bought into that. $46 million on 4 players. Woof.

At least Jack, Nico, and Bratt went that route. Hopefully Luke follows suit when it’s time for him to get paid. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

Why are we the only one with flame background are they implying we are in hell?

I believe so. I think when they've done this meme in the past, the put the devils on the bottom of the picture with a fire background.

16 hours ago, jagknife said:

He makes multiple solid points in this video:

Shanahan is part of the problem. Period. He’s been the only constant across all the failures and pushed the core 4 agenda. He should be held accountable (I hope not, for hilarity)

the core four is a problem, in its own right. The Tavares deal by Dubas was a reach, then giving him the C instead of Matthews was… a choice.

Marner is Marner, dogged it on the change, and didn’t try to catch pasta.

Matthews very well might be a distraction. Potted 69 goals, is a selke nominee, but idk, the team played different when he was out. But he’s making over $13m next year, the cap hasn’t taken the jump and the young core is running out of runway.

I think I agree with people that some changes are coming. 

The defenses in the playoffs are just too good and that Maple Leafs team the scoring just dried up. 

If TOR moves Marner, they HAVE to get back a guy like Hanifin or Pietro. Rielly is okay, but the Leafs need to get bigger and faster on the d corps and just need more talent/salary allocated to their defense. They have Knies and Robertson knocking on the door on top of the Matthews and Nylander locked up. 

Having a big 4 is great but if the scoring dries up in the playoffs without good D. I give the TOR defense and Woll a lot of credit. They almost pulled it out and all of the elimination games were close, low scoring games. 

You can have your big 4, but you have to have money to spend on your defense. The Devils have Hamilton and now LHughes and Nemec coming up who can be top 2 minute munchers. 

Brodie, Giordano, all lost ice time because of Benoit and Lilegren actually stepping up. McCabe isn't a top pair guy but good enough to fill it out. Same with Lybushkin and Edmundson. 

It sucks to have to move Marner but he's the odd man out and he dogged it this year. The return needs to be something that makes them better and a tougher playoff team. Shanahan and the higher ups have to see that they can't run it back another year with the same group. 

2 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

I think I agree with people that some changes are coming. 

The defenses in the playoffs are just too good and that Maple Leafs team the scoring just dried up. 

If TOR moves Marner, they HAVE to get back a guy like Hanifin or Pietro. Rielly is okay, but the Leafs need to get bigger and faster on the d corps and just need more talent/salary allocated to their defense. They have Knies and Robertson knocking on the door on top of the Matthews and Nylander locked up. 

Having a big 4 is great but if the scoring dries up in the playoffs without good D. I give the TOR defense and Woll a lot of credit. They almost pulled it out and all of the elimination games were close, low scoring games. 

You can have your big 4, but you have to have money to spend on your defense. The Devils have Hamilton and now LHughes and Nemec coming up who can be top 2 minute munchers. 

Brodie, Giordano, all lost ice time because of Benoit and Lilegren actually stepping up. McCabe isn't a top pair guy but good enough to fill it out. Same with Lybushkin and Edmundson. 

It sucks to have to move Marner but he's the odd man out and he dogged it this year. The return needs to be something that makes them better and a tougher playoff team. Shanahan and the higher ups have to see that they can't run it back another year with the same group. 

The team is built to score but can't score in the playoffs so it's definitely time for them to address the roster construction.   What is it now, 14 straight playoff games where they have not scored 4 goals and only once did they hit 3?   Two or less goals in 13 or their last 14 playoff games!   That's insane for a team with 4 guys making 11 million or more.   

1 hour ago, DevilMinder said:

Why are we the only one with flame background are they implying we are in hell?

1 hour ago, Oglethorpe13 said:

I believe so. I think when they've done this meme in the past, the put the devils on the bottom of the picture with a fire background.

The other teams are all in heaven. We're on a Zoom call(from heck).

tumblr_norynx8Jnj1tglg2co2_500.gifv

tumblr_norynx8Jnj1tglg2co1_500.gifv

• Like 4