Flyers at Devils 1/9 @7:30

hattrick

Elias takes a penalty interference ran the goalie... nice to see someone charging in on the goalie and it not being marty.... nice kill by the devs

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Only trouble is, they called that one, they should have let it go, like they do when Marty gets run over :noclue:

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how there were a few shots of Marty getting physical with guys in his crease...Right On Marty!!! :evil: Good game.....It's officially a streak!!

Oh man the arena was nuts tonight....gotta love the win. Langs stepped it up tonight, I was pleasantly surprised. Also glad that Parise collected a hard earned goal. EGGs were awesome as usual.

There were two seperate incidents(fights?) in the crowd(upper sections of course), couldn't quite make out all of it from my 6th row seat. :P If anyone could explain, I'd like to know what the hell was going on.

Hopefully on Friday we can stop sucking vs the West. :lol:

Edited by American_Psycho

Oh man the arena was nuts tonight....gotta love the win. Langs stepped it up tonight, I was pleasantly surprised. Also glad that Parise collected a hard earned goal. EGGs were awesome as usual.

There were two seperate incidents(fights?) in the crowd(upper sections of course), couldn't quite make out all of it from my 6th row seat.  :P  If anyone could explain, I'd like to know what the hell was going on.

Hopefully on Friday we can stop sucking vs the West. :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I was supposed to be there tonight, and the last 3 games but have been home sick for the last 8 days, anyone that was there and in the upper corners where it sounded like the fun was coming from, please fill us in. It's not often that Doc & Chico will make note of people getting hauled out of the arena. It was very loud at times when nothing was going on so I'm sure there was quite a lot of action in the stands.

I should dig up some threads and expose the people ready to give up on the Devils a month ago, ready to give up on lou and the franchise. They don't deserve to be part of these boards. Bandwagoners!!!!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I contemplated keeping track whenever someone knew this team wouldn't make the playoffs or said this team was on of the worst in hockey but was too lazy.

ok... just back from the arena.... almost, I mean almost a playoff atmosphere.... what was tha bs when Handzus touches the puck.. it was almost as stupid as our "Ranger's Suck". Gotta laugh when Handzus falls down, there was a mock "Zus"...

Let's go Flyers got drowned out every tiome tonight... Several serious fights, State Troopers and one guy throwing haymakers in 238. Phailure fans are just the worst form of life.

Ok, onto the game.

Pando-Madden-Langs were huge tonight... Floppa had a miserable night... they denied him everything. That goal post Philly hit in the first was the turning point.... Marty made a good enough play so that the Flyer could not direct the puck in.

The defense was awesome.... Tommy A... what a freaking diving save.... Matvichuk was an animal... easily his best game of the season.

And EGG... what to say... Gomer flying everywhere, Elias playing every postion... even some pk... standing in front of the net... point on the pp... and Gomer's goal... what thing of beaut. Gionta reaking havoc everywhere.

Clearly our best game of the season.

Let's not get our hopes up yet.... we wipe up TB earlier this year only to hit the bottom soon after... let's see of Lou can keep it going.

We played very much like the 2003 team tonight.

Heck, even Brylin played big tonight.

I got my monies worth tonight.

Go Devils.

I live off of Elm, but I, too do not live in a rich house, but instead one of the small ones on the side streets, Linden.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

o cool i know where that is.

we usually play hockey around lampost/brookside or southpoint...so i'm near there...sometimes...i'm at my friends house around the cocoaplex a lot also, near mine road.

i worked at foxes a while back, so i meandered around that area a lot during the summer and such.

on the topic of the devs win...

nice win, once again seemed like very "devils" hockey.

But it really seems like hte devils have to give a big pat on the back to brashear.

Edited by bruins4777

This was a Statement game for the Devils. This showed the Flyers and the League that we are back. Flyer fans were pissed at this win. They were telling me "make the Playoffs" What a joke, we make the playoffs every year.

Even in the Parking lot some young stupid kids came up to us and started talking sh!t. they had alot of nerve.

FLYERS SUCK!

First game my wife ever went to was in the Meadowlands against the Flyers. Opening night, Lindros runs Marty on his second shift. The wife thought the interaction among the fans was the highpoint of the night.

But I have to say, this win feels good. Nice to hear Matvichuk pick it up against the Devs' biggest rival. And Parise with a huge goal!!

This was a Statement game for the Devils. This showed the Flyers and the League that we are back. Flyer fans were pissed at this win.  They were telling me "make the Playoffs" What a joke, we make the playoffs every year.

Even in the Parking lot some young stupid kids came up to us and started talking sh!t.  they had alot of nerve.

FLYERS SUCK!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're damn right it was a statement game. Becaused it wasn't so much that we won- but the WAY we won. Good ol' fsahioned Devils hockey. The rest of the league is on notice now.

'When you play a team like this, it's the first team to crack, and it was us tonight,'' Flyers coach Ken Hitchcock said. ''Once they got the lead, they were able to sit on it. I don't think we played with the emotional level that we have at times. A lot of that is New Jersey. They play a very methodical game and they take the emotion out of it.''

I was at the game tonight with my dad. It was my first game back at CAA in a really long time. I loved every single minute of it. Brodeur was ON tonight. Elias really has sparked this team and deserves the C. I don't know how anyone can argue that he doesn't. The Gomez goal was beautiful ANNNND we scored TWO powerplay goals...how about that? I don't want to seem too overly excited...but things are looking up!

Edited by LA03

This was a Statement game for the Devils. This showed the Flyers and the League that we are back. Flyer fans were pissed at this win.  They were telling me "make the Playoffs" What a joke, we make the playoffs every year.

Even in the Parking lot some young stupid kids came up to us and started talking sh!t.  they had alot of nerve.

FLYERS SUCK!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey dude were you in 228? i was in 229 and the 228 crazies were chanting "1975" and the flyers fans in 229 and 230 were answering that back with "make the playoffs" lol. anyway... the fights tongiht were funny... the philly fans fighting our maroon jacketed big boys... (and girls). it was hilarious because a fight happened in each corner of the upper level except mine by 229 and i heard the flyer fan behind me mention it so i turned around (jokingly) and i was like "we can change taht... ill fvck you up" and we both laughed... he was a good sport about it. the other flyers fans are obnoxious... they even went as far as to dis the GIANTS... wrong sport idiots... and yeah the eagles did great this year... the crowd was amazing tonight... definately my favorite game of the season.. .the team is playing great. too bad janssen didnt drop the gloves. i guess cuz he is still sick. i just want to say... a lof of things gionta does gets overlooked... like when he almost deked one past the goalie but got slammed into the boards... he still managed to squeeze a pass off to parise who scored the goal... awesome stuff. thast he end of the flyers point streak and another chapter in the devils comeback...

watching classic espn right now..devils/rangers 94 conf finals...wow..Melanie really looks pouty..like ALL THE TIME!!!! :giggle: It's crazy how much Devils hockey has been on here!!! :clap:

watching classic espn right now..devils/rangers 94 conf finals...wow..Melanie really looks pouty..like ALL THE TIME!!!!  :giggle:  It's crazy how much Devils hockey has been on here!!! :clap:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

She always looks like that, I dunno, she was always wacky. It was always annoying in '00 when ESPN would cut to her every friggen stoppage of play, she'd be wearing that stupid Devils cowboy hat with a towel over her face.

I know exactly what you mean..the 00 finals were on before the game tonight..lmfao...what a friggin nut!! :blink: