Game thread: Devils @ St. Louis 8:00 PM

MadDog2020

What's so bad about the EGG line?

I seem to recall a certain Avalanche goalie handing away Game 4 to the Devils and keeping Brodeur around long enough to let in some weak goals.

I'd give it to just about anyone given Brodeur's playoff OT record. But, he did win a Gold Medal for Team Canada and has more Cup rings than any active goaltender. I guarantee Ottawa fans haven't forgotten Game 7, for example.

I believe the Gold medal is the biggest reason he got so many votes. That was very special to Canadians.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's so bad about the EGG line?

In the higherarchy of line names, you have the truely cool names that cleverly describe the line in some way (Czechmates, A-Line, Legion of Doom, FLY line) then the quirky ones that still get the message across (J-Line, Vowel Line, GAG line, Maddenbrunner) then there are the horrific mash ups that could only come from idiots like Stan Fischler. The EGG line belongs to this last group. It's a horrible name, and I think that even the players on the line have said that they don't like it.

In the higherarchy of line names, you have the truely cool names that cleverly describe the line in some way (Czechmates, A-Line, Legion of Doom, FLY line) then the quirky ones that still get the message across (J-Line, Vowel Line, GAG line, Maddenbrunner) then there are the horrific mash ups that could only come from idiots like Stan Fischler. The EGG line belongs to this last group. It's a horrible name, and I think that even the players on the line have said that they don't like it.

And I'm sure Elias will be fine with a nickname that celebrates his Hispanic heritage.

EGG Line it is. EGG Line it shall be. They do not crack under pressure! Scramble them, and they are still quite good!

E-G-G!!!!!

EggCarton.JPG

<JESTER>

And I'm sure Elias will be fine with a nickname that celebrates his Hispanic heritage.

EGG Line it is. EGG Line it shall be. They do not crack under pressure! Scramble them, and they are still quite good!

E-G-G!!!!!

EggCarton.JPG

<JESTER>

Yum. I like scrambled eggs! Anyone up for an omelette? B )

Nice explanation Jester.

E-G-G!!!!!

EggCarton.JPG

<JESTER>

The guys doin't like the name- if we could find a better name, it should be changed. AmeriCzechs. :D

That was absolutely DISGUSTING and DISGRACEFUL. How can we come in against a team that has scored only 7 goals in their last 6 games and give up 3?!?!? Our defence was almost as non-existant as our offence. TWO SHOTS IN THE SECOND PERIOD I HEARD?!?!? TWO?!?! WHAT THE HECK IS THAT?!?! AGAINST THE ST. LOUIS BLUES!?!?! THAT IS *INEXCUSABLE*!!!!!! Heads should roll for that dispicable display tonight....

The *TWO* bright spots about tonight:

(1) Gionta continues to roll.... some people may be wanting to change their poll choice.

(2) On the GWG, Brylin fended off ALL FIVE Blues skaters. He was in the zone all alone with five people after and him and he carried them around with him until help arrived... and that lead to the goal. This guy is all heart. The Russians would be very wise to add him to their team. Then again he does nothing for the Devils so we should get rid of him ASAP.

Don, this game kind of reminded me of the old Devils. Not the ones from earlier in the season, but the old Devils. Think about the last 4 games. They shut out Philly and Vancouver, but have to go to a shootout against Chicago and then fall asleep and give up a 3-goal lead to the worst team in the league. Look good beating the good teams, have problems with the bad teams. That's the OLD Devils. The ones who used to drive us nuts even when they won.

Until a better name is accepted I guess it's the EGG line.

EGGs don't do anything to anything but EGGs can be cracked, broken, dropped, cooked, mixed into, poached, scrambled, hard boiled, soft boiled. over easy, over hard sunny side up and made into omelettes.

I would like a new name and soon.

The moral of the story is that you can do all of that stuff to the eggs and they're just as good. :evil:

I seem to recall a certain Avalanche goalie handing away Game 4 to the Devils and keeping Brodeur around long enough to let in some weak goals.

Yep, I remember how Waaah and Marty took turns sucking ass in that finals. The 2001 final wasn't enjoyable for the simple fact that we never saw the best from either teams; they just took turns being woefully mediocre and crappy, yet NJ stunk one more game than Divealanche did. :lol:

I figured the percentage between Roy and Marty would be more evened out also, except keep in mind that Roy is now retired and he didn't win the gold for Canada in the Olympics.

Don, this game kind of reminded me of the old Devils. Not the ones from earlier in the season, but the old Devils. Think about the last 4 games. They shut out Philly and Vancouver, but have to go to a shootout against Chicago and then fall asleep and give up a 3-goal lead to the worst team in the league. Look good beating the good teams, have problems with the bad teams. That's the OLD Devils. The ones who used to drive us nuts even when they won.

Right Sue, I am shocked at the amnesia of some of our fans. This is NOTHING NEW!! this team ALWAYS is BIPOLAR and has been for as long as I've rooted for them. :lol: You know, kick the ass of the best team in the league and then crap out against the cellar dwellars.

Lets give them a name that says what they are, which is: "The devils only offense"

Doc: Madden dumps the puck and the devils make a change. The devils only offense jumps off the bench. :P

Would that be the DOO Line? :o

It's not amnesia. Check the Chicago game thread. I said therein:

Gah........ the Blackhawks are DOMINATING 5-on-5.On the other hand, we're dominating whenever it's not 5-on-5 (PP or PK).

Kinda remembers of the dominate years (ie 2000, 2001). We could kick the ass out of the best in the league and then we would struggle against the basement dwellers.

I know our history. However, this isn't 2000, 2001 or any of those other great years. This isn't the time to be taking any team lightly.

I always figured that the "playing down to the other teams capacity" was a symptom of not being able to get up for those games.... but they *NEED* to be up for each and every game given the standings. If Brodeur hadn't bailed them out a few times, we could have lost both games and we can't afford those kind of relapses this year, like we could in years past.