Game thread: Devils @ St. Louis 8:00 PM

MadDog2020

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was absolutely DISGUSTING and DISGRACEFUL. How can we come in against a team that has scored only 7 goals in their last 6 games and give up 3?!?!? Our defence was almost as non-existant as our offence. TWO SHOTS IN THE SECOND PERIOD I HEARD?!?!? TWO?!?! WHAT THE HECK IS THAT?!?! AGAINST THE ST. LOUIS BLUES!?!?! THAT IS *INEXCUSABLE*!!!!!! Heads should roll for that dispicable display tonight....

The *TWO* bright spots about tonight:

(1) Gionta continues to roll.... some people may be wanting to change their poll choice.

(2) On the GWG, Brylin fended off ALL FIVE Blues skaters. He was in the zone all alone with five people after and him and he carried them around with him until help arrived... and that lead to the goal. This guy is all heart. The Russians would be very wise to add him to their team. Then again he does nothing for the Devils so we should get rid of him ASAP.

Was Larry Robinson the coach tonight? Ah, I kid, I kid.

Devils figured the Blues would fall asleep and skate around the ice disinterested for the final 30 minutes like they had for the first 30 - it didn't happen that way.

Either way, good game - nice to see Marshall get a goal, and a big one at that. The three offensive lines contributed and we won.

There was a TSN poll done on their web site during the game asking who was the most clutch goalie since expansion. Brodeur got 86% of the votes. Huh? Was someone playing with the vote counter? I'm a Devils fan and I would have picked Roy. 2001, series on the line, who came up big?

There was a TSN poll done on their web site during the game asking who was the most clutch goalie since expansion. Brodeur got 86% of the votes. Huh? Was someone playing with the vote counter? I'm a Devils fan and I would have picked Roy. 2001, series on the line, who came up big?

I was thinking the same thing. Roy beating Brodeur in 2001 basically made Roy the obvious choice and Brodeur will have to do a lot more in his playoff career to be better than Roy.

I believe the poll was best playoff goalie, wasn't it?

I'm pretty sure only Devils fans were watching that game. :whistling:

I seem to recall a certain Avalanche goalie handing away Game 4 to the Devils and keeping Brodeur around long enough to let in some weak goals.

I'd give it to just about anyone given Brodeur's playoff OT record. But, he did win a Gold Medal for Team Canada and has more Cup rings than any active goaltender. I guarantee Ottawa fans haven't forgotten Game 7, for example.

One thing about the Blues. They might suck but they do play hard. You should be happy you got the two points. I know I was over a month ago.

At least they had Thachuk when the Rangers played them :doh1:

Look any win's a good win. They've played much better against good teams during this stretch so I'll give 'em a LITTLE slack for crapping out after they got the 3-0 lead. Even if the Blues are really an AHL team aside from Weight and maybe a couple others and are in last place in the NHL by six points :P Just glad Elias is okay, and we move on to Nashville, in sixth place and Toronto may now fall off the face of the earth since McCabe's out for a while.

I'd give it to just about anyone given Brodeur's playoff OT record. But, he did win a Gold Medal for Team Canada

You probably hit on the reason why right there. Cause Waaah lost a shootout in '98 and Marty won gold in '02. They're fanatical about the gold medal, Marty even gets cheered in Toronto :lol:

At least they had Thachuk when the Rangers played them :doh1:

Look any win's a good win. They've played much better against good teams during this stretch so I'll give 'em a LITTLE slack for crapping out after they got the 3-0 lead. Even if the Blues are really an AHL team aside from Weight and maybe a couple others and are in last place in the NHL by six points :P Just glad Elias is okay, and we move on to Nashville, in sixth place and Toronto may now fall off the face of the earth since McCabe's out for a while.

You probably hit on the reason why right there. Cause Waaah lost a shootout in '98 and Marty won gold in '02. They're fanatical about the gold medal, Marty even gets cheered in Toronto :lol:

Toronto just lost- 6th place is ours!! I didn't see the game because I had to work, but hey- a win's a win. Not happy they blew a 3-goal lead, but they got the 2 points and that's all that matters. On to Nashville.

Toronto lost its game 5-3.

We climbed a spot and a half today.

Brodeur also climbed to 5th all time.

Win is a win but we would have lost against 25 of other 29 teams for sure tonight with this game of ours. After the first period EGG's were contained and other lines didin't show much either.

The defensmans became "trafic officers" and were only directing traffic in front of our net.

Brodeur saved the day AGAIN with several key saves in the third and we escaped this one. If we repeat this game performance against the Predators they will eat as alive.

Brodeur saved the day AGAIN with several key saves in the third and we escaped this one. If we repeat this game performance against the Predators they will eat as alive.

I was thinking the same thing. The devils will get destroyed by the preds if they have a 30 minute letdown like they had tonight.

Hello all, long time no post.

I was hoping you guys might humor me with some instant feedback.

If you can, have a look at the nhl.com splash page. Right now (1 AM EST) it's a picture of the oh-so terribly named EGG line.

EDIT: Apparently, different users see different splash pages, this is the picture I'm referring to:

http://nhl.speedera.net/image-upload/devil...ion_308x194.jpg

Looking at the picture, I think I finally hit on a good name: The three Amigos (or Amigos for short)

1. Obviously it refers to Gomez's hispanic heritage

2. It also, I believe, captures some of Gomez's goofy and humorous nature

3. Of course, it also is a good theme for the entire team, with a nice, cohesive connotation

I posted this at HFbards too.

If you guys like it, I'll start to promote it. If not, we'll have to keep using that godawful "EGG"

:puke:

Edited by Blackjack

Bad win. But in the end its a win and that is all tha matters. BRODUER IS BACK. that is all that can be said for sure. In past seasons we were used to ever once in a while broduer stealing one, now its time for being angrye. For me i dont really care, if we give brodeure a chance to steal one and he does thats all we want. Come playoff time, give marty the chance to win a game, and most of the time he will go ahead and win it.