Five Years!

DevilMinder

5 years, f-i-v-e years. Wow. Thinking back to that fateful day when I asked Redrum if it would be ok to move the old network 54 crowd to a new forum, that I would be committing myself and others to being stewards of this website for such a length of time I might have balked.

We have seen a Stanley cup since then, witnessed several amazing moments and experienced failures together as a group of fans. People have come and gone as in all walks of life but they have been filled in by other newcomers who continue to come to this vibrant and intelligent community.

When I first started this place I used to refer to it as just

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually have been here five years - it was a trip down memory lane to check out the old network54 board. Shame we lost some good posters along the way (olp and Stratobeck come to mind), but we've picked up quite a few as well.

You continue to run the best hockey board I've seen, DM - keep up the good work.

Kind of scary I followed Red from the NJ online site and finally found this one. Who was the guy the guy who during the 2000 run that kept saying the Devils would never win a cup with Alex Mogilny? He was the good luck charm that year. I moved to the ESPN board after that and after the lock out I check that site out of couple of times and moved here full time.

So anyway thanks for making my work days go by and giving me the best hockey talk! :clap::dance::dance::koolaid:

Edited by bostondevil11

I can't believe it's been five years. It's even weirder for me to think that I've been on here for four of those years. I know when I first came here I had only been following the Devils for about a year so I wasn't exactly the most knowledgeable fan, but NJDevs was one of the things that helped me learn a lot about the team and hockey as a whole. It's been a great outlet to talk with passionate and intelligent hockey fans. Not just that either because this board has also allowed me to become close friends with a couple posters. A big thanks to DM and everyone else who has contributed to this site! :clap: Congrats on five years!

Wow, 5 yrs. I too log on here first thing, everytime I get on the computer. It is the first place for Devils news. The community here has info & news first. (pretty much because most of us have no life :-) ).

Keep rockin' Brad. Congrats.

And I do remember those posts that the Devils would never win with Mogilny, but don't remember who it was.

Congrats! :clap: I've been a Devils fan for years, but that only included watching games and pulling for them. I never really kept up with the draft, trades, etc. Since I have joined this board I have learned so much from so many cool people and that knowledge has made the sport and the team that I have always loved even that much more enjoyable to watch. Thanks for all you do DM and keep up the good work :koolaid: