If you could pick one team to win the Cup

SC Devs Fan

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pittsburgh. Even though I'm a Devils fan through and through, I'd still go back to Halifax for the big party.

Also I wouldn't mind seeing Dion carrying the cup around. So let's say Flames vs Pittsburgh in the final.

Edited by Don

Wasn't it bad enough they won a super bowl last year? I don't think I could handle them winning a cup again.

I'd cry if Pittsburgh won the cup, but if they win in their first year after moving I would laugh. But I'm a bastard.

As for the original question, Buffalo without a doubt.

Well the Habs, Have a lot of trouble in their draft.. I mean Look:

2001-8draft choice: Mike Komisarek..

2002-14rth choice: Chris Higgins

2003: 15th Andrei Kostyityn

2004: Kyle Chipchura

2005: Carey Price

2006: David Fisher

Beside the ChipChura/Higgins.. Komisarek starts to be a good Defense (5th-6th..) Took him 5years.. Kostytin still in AHL...Carey Price.. I mean come on, U got Theo/Garon b4.. Then Huet/theo/Dannis then Aebi/Huet/Dannis/Price.. Huet is 30, Aebi 29.. Why did they draft him????

Also.. Montreal got 6-2-3. Nj= 6-4-1. NJ=6-5 (Without defeats in OT OR shutoot...) Montreal= 6-5(Same ..)

Plus, their defensive.. May be Souray and Markov can be good in attack.. But gosh, the Rivet/Souray/Komisarek.. Are so bad in the defense! Souray isnt mobile a lot..

Just compare our Lines-up vs Montreal.

NJ: (With no injuries..)

Elias-Gomez-Gionta

Parise-Zajac-Langs

Pandolfo-Madden-Brylin

Rupp-Ras-Janssen

Ralfaski-Lukowhich

Martin-White

Oduya/Fahey-Hale

Brodeur-Clem

Montreal:

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder

Samsonov-Kovy-Perezhogin

Jonhson-Bonk-Latendresse

Begin-Plekanec-Murray

Komisarek-Markov

Rivet-Souray

Bouillon-Streit

Aebi-Huet.

Wow.. there is no Second line center.. I mean , Kovy wont be the Center that Habs tried so much to get by ufas this Summer.. Plus, Their defensive.. Isnt great.

Plus i just hate their fans and medias! This summer, Fans and Medias were Crying over Gainey, Cause he signed none Great Ufa(They wanted Elias .. bad he stays in Nj. HAHA) Then Gainey had to sign a Ufa (Samso.).. Because of the Fans and Medias..And, the goalies.. Huet had a great season last year.. Well, when Theo played like he did, Im sure that A M.Garon would do the job perfectly..

So.. I know, Montreal is a great choice for a Hockeytown.. But some times it get frustraded with all the Fans and Media's they are there.

Buffalo - that city deserves a winner in the worst way. Plus their team's gritty and fun to watch and they were sorta jipped out of one last year with the last-minute defensive injuries.

What you said. I mean it's also pretty easy for me to pick them considering that it's LOTCB's team. And I know how much it would mean to him and those Buffalo fans who have been heartbroken so many times before. That city deserves a winner.

Out West, Edmonton. They are a lot of fun to watch. Play a very quick up-tempo style and are gritty. And those fans are awesome. Plus my buddy would kill to see them win again.

If not them, maybe the Wild. I like the way they play. Rolston is just unbelievable. Sorry but he is. Fernandez is maybe the most underappreciated elite goalie in the league. They have a lot of speed and are fun to watch. And their fans are electric. One of the best American fanbases barnone.

Because the Steelers won the Super Bowl the Pens shouldn't win the Cup? Besides, I like an under dog.

No I just know too many Pitt. fans that love football and not really follow hockey and being heckled by a bandwagon fan would just pain me. Wasn't I put through enough with Boston fans and Ray Ray winning the cup against the Devils?

Oh the Pens can win it once they move cuz I would think that was funny.

No I just know too many Pitt. fans that love football and not really follow hockey and being heckled by a bandwagon fan would just pain me. Wasn't I put through enough with Boston fans and Ray Ray winning the cup against the Devils?

Oh the Pens can win it once they move cuz I would think that was funny.

That would be hysterical!! :rofl: