GDT: Anaheim vs. Devils, "Thank you, other Scotty" Edition

Devilsdude530

since the day he came i hated him. i started to like him, but dont anymore. i dont like his style as much as i did julians.

hes got to make sure that he spends as much time as he can on power plays, other wise we can kiss the cup goodbye.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

since the day he came i hated him. i started to like him, but dont anymore. i dont like his style as much as i did julians.

hes got to make sure that he spends as much time as he can on power plays, other wise we can kiss the cup goodbye.

Edited by StarDew

The Devils played extremely well, and caught bad breaks not to come out of this with a point.

The worst player on the ice: Scott Niedermayer, who besides his stick breaking at a key point, had several awful turnovers and was getting beat along the boards all game long.

Oh well. I love how 'The Devils make goalie X look like Patrick Roy' - meanwhile they put a 7 spot on Biron and Niitiymaki and put 5 past Jason Labarbera.

Brodeur played well aside from the softie he let up to make it 1-0 Ducks. We'll see him in net tomorrow night, of course.

Edited by Triumph

The Devils played extremely well, and caught bad breaks not to come out of this with a point.

The worst player on the ice: Scott Niedermayer, who besides his stick breaking at a key point, had several awful turnovers and was getting beat along the boards all game long.

Oh well. I love how 'The Devils make goalie X look like Patrick Roy' - meanwhile they put a 7 spot on Biron and Niitiymaki and put 5 past Jason Labarbera.

Brodeur played well aside from the softie he let up to make it 1-0 Ducks. We'll see him in net tomorrow night, of course.

It wasn't that bad, they just aren't that good.

They're finding their groove, which is a .500 team. Luckily when they found their .500 team groove, they were a bunch of games over .500 already.

Thought they worked hard, the Zajac line isn't well thought out and Parise contracted Elia-its by passing it back to Patty when he was already in tap-in territory. Rupp plays like a beast and accomplishes nothing. :)

Difference was the D, Ducks D was not great tonight, but they clean up messes made by sloppy butterfly goalies. I mean, Giguere was terrible last night. Still, only one puck in the net. They also can hold the point. Our D struggles to get the puck out of the zone, and in general, we get into the box + 1 and don't have the speed to contest for the puck. Just end up with long stretches of possession, not strong possession, but it eats up time and sometimes someone makes a mistake.

The play by Oduya and Martin on Carter's second was embarassing. That was their only really serious breakdown, but it was bad enough.

Ice was terrible, puck never sat, but that's a draw, because the Ducks had good chances ruined too. Like when Selanne hit the world's crappiest one-timer.

They got kept out of the scoring areas for the most part, especially when crappy rebounds were out there.

Their D 1-6 might be better than our 1. Well, maybe not O'Donnell.

The whole Nieds things was "meh", pre-game reaction was a polite "meh", in game was "meh" booing, whole atmosphere of the game was "meh". Reminded me of my own personal long-promoted (for the unfortunates in my section) Lyle Odelein night.

The $100 balcony seats are embarassingly empty. You'd think they'd lower the price considering they don't look like they actually sell any.

It's not bad breaks when this offense just plain sucks to begin with, you can't keep coming back from two goals down with this popgun 'attack'. And their approach sucks too, they shoot from the perimeter when nobody's in front and they look to pass when they have good shots.

What is it with this Devils team they they fall behind the 8-ball all -the time as of late? Tonight the Ducks goalie stood on top of his head to pull out that win in the 3rd period. Anther sickening loss at home here. Most of the crowd was into the game meaning the upper level and the level below I guess the Mezz they do not know how to cheer or are they told to keep quiet? There were a lot of Niedermayer support before the game which I thought was nice and nice to see him back home in New Jersey. He had a good game tonight and showed how much the Devils miss him.

Oduya WAS playing well until tonight where he was just terrible. Cannot blame Brodeur for the two goals but his defense around him really sucked starting with Oduya. He has to sit. Greene played a strong game back and he needs to stay in the line up. he was shooting some really hard shots on goal during the PP's in the 3rd period. Asham needs to sit and keep sitting out games. Pelley and Mottau should have played and Oduya and Asham out.

With Niedermayer you can see how strong and big this Ducks team is and their back up goalie beats us tonight. Devils just cannot score and hopefully Lou makes a deal here. Gionta played better but he is still getting snake bitten out there and the wide open shots he is shooting way too high and not on goal. This team does need changes and tonight was another example falling behins 2-0 once again. Getting really tired of being at these games at home and watching another 2 points get thrown away. Devils need to bounce back tomorrow night and Brodeur will play. Forget about Weeks at this stage of the game especially with the schedule that is coming up.