Jason Spezza?

Mitico12

OK, so Ottawa was eliminated today. Spezza had a terrible series, and it's obvious he hasn't let them to the promised land. Perhaps he needs a change of scenery.

Do you fancy Spezza coming to Jersey in exchange for Gio and perhaps some other "considerations?" I think Ottawa might be up to it, and Spezza would certainly provide us a top-dog center...

Thoughts?

Murray will be looking to make moves in the off-season - to another city.

Spezza is not the kind of player I want in New Jersey. Yes, he's incredibly gifted, but I think he is a selfish player, and he disappears at big moments. I would not be shocked to see him move in the off-season.

Spezza's not going anywhere

Spezza is not the kind of player I want in New Jersey. Yes, he's incredibly gifted, but I think he is a selfish player, and he disappears at big moments. I would not be shocked to see him move in the off-season.

He's also part of their "party" crew. I don't know exactly what they do, since I don't go clubbing in the Ottawa region, but the rumors aren't exactly good.

on center ice (the ottawa feed) spezza is always featured in these adverts for a jewlery store...

he's always in their getting fitted with a bracelet or necklace..."the official jewlery store of jason spezza"..

WTF???

that's a big red flag.

Edited by ice dog

I'm not sure I'd want Spezza. He is a talent the Devils would love to have, but he is certainly not the personality the Devils would like. First off Gionta and anyone else on the team would not be enough. CBC had a rumour about a possible Senators-Canucks deal with Spezza and Luongo being at the centre of the deal.

The Sens have a bunch of guys including Spezza, Heatley and Emery that haven't really matured. I don't think they have a passion for hockey, but rather they enjoy the lifestyles that hockey has given them. These are guys that you will see partying after games, chasing girls and doing a lot of drugs after losses. These aren't players that the Devils usually go after.

on center ice (the ottawa feed) spezza is always featured in these adverts for a jewlery store...

he's always in their getting fitted with a bracelet or necklace..."the official jewlery store of jason spezza"..

WTF???

that's a big red flag.

LOL true dat!

Spezza is not worth $8M/yr. Almost no player is. Jeez, no. Just NO.

The Devils need to build a time machine and bring back Gretzky in his 20's.

That is about the extent of this silly post.

Oh no, because then if 20-year-old Gretzky meets the real Gretzky, the results could be catastrophic.

I saw those "Back To The Future" movies.

Absolutely horrifying...

Edited by NJCroMag

Oh no, because then if 20-year-old Gretzky meets the real Gretzky, the results could be catastrophic.

I saw those "Back To The Future" movies.

Absolutely horrifying...

We can give the 20 year old Gretzky a fake mustashe and our problems are solved!!!

Bang on! And there is no way Spezza would be moved for Gio and a few add ons unless the add ons were impact guys.

I'm staying away from Malone. He has prospered alot from Malkin, hes not as great as his numbers predict. Id go with Demitra, i would even take Prospal over Malone.

Spezza's not going anywhere. I do however see Ottawa moving Emery to Tampa Bay...

Tampa has a stable goalie now, they dont need Emery.