NJ Nets in negotiations to play at the Rock

HellOnICE

http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/2009/01/n...t_play_pre.html

The Nets could be headed for Newark after all.

For a short while, anyway.

Nets management has begun negotiations with Devils owner Jeffrey Vanderbeek to play three preseason games at the Prudential Center next October, according to several people with knowledge of the discussions who asked not to be identified out of concern for affecting the talks.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The downside of the Nets being added to the Rock is that the ice could be terrible the next day and night if the Devils have a game. I like the idea of this being mostly to the Devils, but having the Nets there the ice won't be the same.

It's terrible as it is anyway. Can't be much worse.

If they wind up playing at the Rock, suddenly people start to care about them again, too. Which would be nice. I know I would, anyway.

I would too. The Nets have been dead to me since this Brooklyn bullsh!t started up a few years ago, but I would love it if they ultimately stayed in Jersey. It can only help the Devils' bottom line to have the Nets play at The Rock too.

Edited by MadDog2020

It's terrible as it is anyway. Can't be much worse.

The ice has seemed pretty decent this season to my eyes. Most nights I'm there and don't feel the need to bring up the puck is bouncing around a lot which would be indicative that the ice is bad, so not saying it suggests the puck has been sitting fine which means good ice.

The downside of the Nets being added to the Rock is that the ice could be terrible the next day and night if the Devils have a game. I like the idea of this being mostly to the Devils, but having the Nets there the ice won't be the same.

We won three Cups on ice that shared an arena with them before, why would it be any different now? The arena's in Newark to make money - it's still hosting the circus and we all know what that does to the ice. I see no reason why hosting Nets games would make a difference either way. It's a negligible issue, ultimately.

The ice has seemed pretty decent this season to my eyes. Most nights I'm there and don't feel the need to bring up the puck is bouncing around a lot which would be indicative that the ice is bad, so not saying it suggests the puck has been sitting fine which means good ice.

yeah the ice is much better than last year.

It would be nice if the Nets come to the Rock, good for New Jersey fans. We don't want any more NY crap in NJ.

Vanderbeek needs to lay down the law with first priority stipulations-otherwise NO DEAL.

#1-Devils get first priority. Nets have to work their schedule around the Devils fixtures-that's how it is.

#2-Nets change their colors to red-white-black.

If these two concessions are not met, the Nets do not move to Newark. That's final.

Signed,

Jeff Vanderbeek.

If the Nets do come to the Prudential Center, there should be no need to make them feel like second-class citizens. There is no competition between the two. In the past, hockey and basketball teams have successfully shared arenas all over the country. Having two pro sports teams calling such a beautiful arena like the Rock home would be great for Newark and, in turn, the state of New Jersey.

These two teams have shared an arena before, and they can do it again.

Edited by 95Crash

We won three Cups on ice that shared an arena with them before, why would it be any different now? The arena's in Newark to make money - it's still hosting the circus and we all know what that does to the ice. I see no reason why hosting Nets games would make a difference either way. It's a negligible issue, ultimately.

technically two unless the mavericks partner with the stars

If the Nets do come to the Prudential Center, there should be no need to make them feel like second-class citizens. There is no competition between the two. In the past, hockey and basketball teams have successfully shared arenas all over the country. Having two pro sports teams calling such a beautiful arena like the Rock home would be great for Newark and, in turn, the state of New Jersey.

These two teams have shared an arena before, and they can do it again.

Well said bro. I agree with you 100%. The Nets coming to the Rock can only help the Devils. I would love the idea of both Jersey teams under one roof.

Someone said "the Nets should change their colors to red & black". While I don't think that's likely, that would be really cool.

fvck that.

The Nets were total a$$holes when the Devils left. They didn't give one sh!t about hockey, thought they were all that, and razzed the Devils out the door.

Now they're all hats-in-hand humbly coming over and saying "aw damn, we ain't sh!t!"

It's true. They ain't sh!t. Win 3 championships, maybe then they can be sh!t.

I want apologies. After those, welcome.

It would be nice if the Nets come to the Rock, good for New Jersey fans. We don't want any more NY crap in NJ.

Vanderbeek needs to lay down the law with first priority stipulations-otherwise NO DEAL.

#1-Devils get first priority. Nets have to work their schedule around the Devils fixtures-that's how it is.

#2-Nets change their colors to red-white-black.

If these two concessions are not met, the Nets do not move to Newark. That's final.

Signed,

Jeff Vanderbeek.

:rofl:

fvck that.

The Nets were total a$$holes when the Devils left. They didn't give one sh!t about hockey, thought they were all that, and razzed the Devils out the door.

Now they're all hats-in-hand humbly coming over and saying "aw damn, we ain't sh!t!"

It's true. They ain't sh!t. Win 3 championships, maybe then they can be sh!t.

I want apologies. After those, welcome.

Have you looked at the non-Devils schedule in that building???

Not to mention this takes away 2 competitor arenas (the dump in the Swamp and the mess in Brooklyn)

as much as most of us hate the NBA, this is dates in the building and it ups the odds of concerts and WWE shows coming there!!

This good news, but still they are in negotiations for 3 EXHIBITION GAMES! A lot can happen between playing exhibition games and being a co-tenant at the Prudential Center. Just look at all the convolutions to the building getting built.

Edited by Rock