GDT: NJ @ CAR - ECQF Game 3 - 7:30 MSG+

Kulags

A few words from General Patton:

patton.jpg

Men, all this stuff you've heard about the Devils not wanting to fight - wanting to stay out of the war, is a lot of horse dung. The Devils traditionally love to fight. All real Devils love the sting of battle. Devil fans love a winner and will not tolerate a loser. The Devils play to win all the time.

I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed. That's why the Devils have never lost and will never lose a war, because the very thought of losing is hateful to Devil fans.

Now, an army is a team - it lives, eats, sleeps, fights as a team. This individuality stuff is a bunch of crap... Now, we have the finest food and equipment, the best spirit, and the best men in the world. You know, by god, I actually pity those poor bastards we're goin' up against. By god, I do. We're not just gonna shoot the bastard, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy hick bastards by the bushel.

Now, some of you boys, I know, are wondering whether or not you'll chicken out under fire. Don't worry about it. I can assure you that you will all do your duty. The Hurricanes are the enemy. Wade into them, spill their blood, shoot them in the belly. When you put your hand into a bunch of goo that a moment before was your best friend's face, you'll know what to do.

Now there's another thing I want you to remember. I don't want to get any messages saying that we are holding our position. We're not holding anything. Let the Brind'amour do that. We are advancing constantly and we're not interested in holding onto anything except the enemy. We're gonna hold onto him by the nose and we're gonna kick him in the ass. We're going to kick the hell out of him all the time and we're gonna go through him like crap through a goose.

Now, there's one thing that you men will be able to say when you get back home, and you may thank god for it. Thirty years from now when you're sitting around your fireside with your grandson on your knee, and he asks you: 'What did you do in the 2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs, you won't have to say: 'Well, I shoveled s--t in Carolina.'

All right now, you sons-of-bitches, you know how I feel and I will be proud to lead you wonderful guys into battle anytime, anywhere. That's all.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally a GDT! Took long enough... :P

Devils need to bounce back in Game 3 here and take control of this series. They have played well enough to win both games on their home ice but fell short in Game 2 in OT. Devils will have to rally around with the loss of their captain Jamie Langenbrunner and some players like Rolston, Zubrus need a swift kick in the ass to get it going and Gionta and Elias to step it up a notch and get the win. Devils need to take one of the next two games in Carolina to get their home ice back. Devils will be ready and up for this Game 3 tonight and hopefully get the win. The PP needs to get it going and the PK needs to tighten up and play better in order to win tonight and this series. Brodeur has played well in this series and at times looked real sharp. Devils need that from Brodeur tonight in a place/building where the Devils have not faired very well in.

Just WIN Devils, just WIN!

Get the win Devils and get er done! :koolaid:

:evil:LETS GO DEVILS!!!! :evil:

GDT: Devils Mascot.

njbind.jpg

35373364_a07bbefac5_o.jpg

Martin-Brodeur---Portrait-Plus-2004-Photofile-Photograph-C12188818.jpeg

h042102A.jpg

mart_80355.jpg

Edited by SatansDevils

This is the game that will show us what this team is made of,If they don't come out hitting everything that move's then It could be ugly.They can learn from Carolina,just play the game the same way Carolina played the overtime last game.If we win today,it well prove to the team themself's that even without a key player they are better,and can win this round. :gd:

A few more words.... from another general, of sorts:

blutodevils.png

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...

...the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!

What the fuck happened to the Devils I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest night of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Ward, he's a dead man! Staal, dead! Babchuck...

Win one for Jamie

langz.png

LGD! Great quote from Parise to TG about tonight's game, made me feel a little better: "Of course, we're going to miss Jamie. He's a big part of playing in all situations for us. But, I think this is similar to when Marty (Brodeur) went down. You're going to see a lot of guys elevate their game."

Hey Carolina...

suck.jpg

Lets take the series lead...

LGD! :koolaid:

No, Mr. Murray, you suck, for hitting such a horrible drive in the Outback Pro-Am that you hit a lady in the head in her own backyard.