Comprehensive Free Agent Signing Thread

njdevil26

What we need is more Sutter!

That's going to be my thing this year -- no, not cow bell.... but Sutter, Same difference right? I mean Sutter thought jerz needed mroe cow bell and stuff...

ok -- yeah -- I'm drinkin' :giggle:

I don't think anyone, ever, in the history of the world, will ever utter the phrase "I've got a fever...and the only prescription...is MORE SUTTER!"

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully Lou will ship Pando to Calgary so Sutter will be able to employ the "Pandolfo as LW of all 4 lines" strategy he probably would've used for the last month of the season and playoffs if he had stayed our coach

:evil:

:rofl:

Montreal is going to be one scary team next season. Gionta is back with Gomez and you can bet on they will be on the same line.

But they'll give up 20 goals a game.

lol that name is befitting, you are worthlessly panicking. the devils did their work signing oduya. they're not signing a D. so with that in mind, they need a forward. malhotra, koivu, peca, and betts are out there.

And they will not be wearing Devils uniforms. This is the year they take the step back and it will come with much criticism and anger.

IMO, this roster as is is not a top 5 team. They'll be battling for 6-8. Pittsburgh, Washington, Philadelphia (if goaltending holds up), Montreal and Boston are better teams. Also Carolina and the Rangers are in that mix for a top 8 and Toronto and Tampa shoud improve. Right now, the Devils aren't a guranteed playoff team for the 1st time in maybe 16/17 years.

They weren't dishing out that $ to Gionta. No way in hell. I'd have freaked if they did and i wouldn't be alone. That is a cap killer on top of 2-3 they already are in danger of having.

Madden 1/2.75? He was never in the Devils plans to begin with, that was obvious. At that $, that would have been a no-brainer to bring back if he was. It shows what most of us who watched Madden night in and night out, know. He's done.

Rupp and Clemmensen were not going to be here anyway. That was a given.

It makes no sense to dish out cap killer contracts, 12 year deals and frontloaded contracts on a class of players just to do it.

Look, i'm not happy. I thought they'd lose a ton, but i also thought you'd see holes plugged. To me, if you're going to do this, call it like it is. A semi-rebuild. Because this sure as sh!t isn't loading up for a Cup run.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say if this is it....if they have the lineup i think they will, on top of losing the way they did in the playoffs and this fanbas eexpecting improvement....expect tickets to be fairly easy to come by next season.

As of right now, who is really excited about the potential roster? Lou can talk up this teams prospects all he wants, but i remember all too well when Lou said that Dagenias was going to be Mogilny's replacement.

the devils will sign another forward, if they don't, it's obvious that jeff vanderbeek is in serious financial trouble. because this team needs a forward.

sickening if you think i am worthlessly panicking. we got a lot worse today and none of those forwards will make us better then when we were embarrassed last season.

But let me tell you. we have to make room for Rod Pelley

wyshynski: NEW POST: Lamoriello says he's ready to spend millions as Free Agent Frenzy begins on Thurs., July 2. http://bitter.devils.fan

lol what a worthless thought. 'we got a lot worse' - yea we lost 27 goals. bfd. 15 of those will be made up for by bergfors. 5 of them come from rolston improving. okay so we got 7 goals worse, i am tearing up here. this is really horrible. and yea i know giotna had a ton of assists. i don't think he is that valuable a piece. almost all the players should be interested in are still available.

Edited by Triumph

And they will not be wearing Devils uniforms. This is the year they take the step back and it will come with much criticism and anger.

IMO, this roster as is is not a top 5 team. They'll be battling for 6-8. Pittsburgh, Washington, Philadelphia (if goaltending holds up), Montreal and Boston are better teams. Also Carolina and the Rangers are in that mix for a top 8 and Toronto and Tampa shoud improve. Right now, the Devils aren't a guranteed playoff team for the 1st time in maybe 16/17 years.

They weren't dishing out that $ to Gionta. No way in hell. I'd have freaked if they did and i wouldn't be alone. That is a cap killer on top of 2-3 they already are in danger of having.

Madden 1/2.75? He was never in the Devils plans to begin with, that was obvious. At that $, that would have been a no-brainer to bring back if he was. It shows what most of us who watched Madden night in and night out, know. He's done.

Rupp and Clemmensen were not going to be here anyway. That was a given.

It makes no sense to dish out cap killer contracts, 12 year deals and frontloaded contracts on a class of players just to do it.

Look, i'm not happy. I thought they'd lose a ton, but i also thought you'd see holes plugged. To me, if you're going to do this, call it like it is. A semi-rebuild. Because this sure as sh!t isn't loading up for a Cup run.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say if this is it....if they have the lineup i think they will, on top of losing the way they did in the playoffs and this fanbas eexpecting improvement....expect tickets to be fairly easy to come by next season.

As of right now, who is really excited about the potential roster? Lou can talk up this teams prospects all he wants, but i remember all too well when Lou said that Dagenias was going to be Mogilny's replacement.

Pierre Dagenais skated like me.

Alot of those kids are winners, have done well in the Memorial Cup and the juniors tournaments, and some of them (the Swedes, well other than Bergfors, he's a step below) have a skill level that no one else on the team other than Elias has. Who they are being asked to replace, well, let's say, they're not exactly Alex Mogilny.

I'm waiting for someone to stick a fat 6M offer sheet to Zajac, to make this even more of a depressing day....

I wasn't looking for the moon like some, but I refuse to believe that an influx of "The kids" on our D will change any playoff results (if we get there)...

I'm waiting for someone to stick a fat 6M offer sheet to Zajac, to make this even more of a depressing day....

I wasn't looking for the moon like some, but I refuse to believe that an influx of "The kids" on our D will change any playoff results (if we get there)...

If there's an offer sheet, at least something would come this way in the way of multiple draft picks...

I'm waiting for someone to stick a fat 6M offer sheet to Zajac, to make this even more of a depressing day.......

That's the only thing that worries me really, the rest of today was just kind of a purge we needed to happen.

I wouldn't mind giving Corrente a shot on D, and I think that's part of the plan of not doing anything on defense. White-Martin-Sal-Oduya are the top four and Mottau-Corrente/Greene/Leach can be the back pairing. They probably do need a couple of depth signings at forward. I wouldn't mind Koivu, just not to any ridiculous long-term deal.

And nobody else in the division really got any better today either (though the Flyers did get better last week of course), the Rangers continue to run in place.

K Lou Sign Zajac and plz hurry before the only 2 center men's (Koivu,Havlat) get signed because if you don't

do this i don't see how we would not be fvcked.Startiiiing to panic plz anyone tell me that its going to be k and

that Lou is going to stop his bullsh!t and start signing some players :unsure:

Edited by SS-SS

For right now, i still think small things will be added. But next years cap is deffintilty going to go down, so maybe this is just mortgaging for the future. Plus, i rather have a team i expect less from to do better, then to have a team of 30+ years olds making 4.m a year underachieving.

Again the shedding of the "old gaurde" has been good...

However, this is what people are gonna see from this:

NJ:

1.) Psychologically devastating playoff loss

2.) Loss of a good coach (at least by respect of the league)

3.) Surrounding teams add toughness (Pronger, Brasher, Rupper, LApierre)

4.) Isles get better goaltending and some "hope"

5.) NJ loses some of its core

6.) Signs no one but the same "D" that lost in the playoffs last year with an arguably more confident team

7.) Questionable/Unproven backup situation

8.) Older Marty and older D

9.) No new additions

I'll give the kid factor 50/50

Although we are more responsible in terms of $$$ planning, and should get acknowledged for that (but they don't give cups for that).

We definitely look weaker to the league. I just see Parise and Trav getting manhandled by our neighbors.

Hard to say our stock is on the rise....

Ok, thoughts on the these?:

Beauchemin.......expensive?

Afinogenov........inconsistent?

Leopold.............florida-bound?

Kotalik..............depth?

Boynton............depth?righty.

Foster.........right handed shot.

Skoula.............solid?

Tanguay...........waste?

Antropov..........out of his mind expensive?

D. Morris..........another right hander.

People, talk, thoughts.