New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think it's an issue where kovalchuk wants $90-$100MM in 10 years and Lou needs to find the contract that can can approved and the room to make it happen.

1) get kovalchuk a contract he likes

2) quietly find out if the league will approve it

3) find takers for rolston and salvador

this is really what it's all about and why i think there's complete radio silence on this for the last week.

I buy the first two reasons. But as for the third, that's what many of us thought was delaying it the first time around. I don't think that's holding Lou back.

Kovalchuk's mom is going to say "He's been signed for a while now, we just can't name the team because they need to keep this quiet for negotiating purposes. Ilya is really happy he finally knows where he's playing and it will be just a matter of time before you will all know too." :whistling:

alright where do I find all these cool emoticons

The internet

Kovalchuk's mom is going to say "He's been signed for a while now, we just can't name the team because they need to keep this quiet for negotiating purposes. Ilya is really happy he finally knows where he's playing and it will be just a matter of time before you will all know too." :whistling:

The internet

And where would one find this internet?

Travishamockery.

They have too long a youTube clip of the Woody Allen courtroom scene in Bananas...

have you all gathered I have a serious Woody Allen addiction? Particularly his early funny ones... get that? did anyone see what I did there? Nnn no... unless there are others like me.. :unsure:

so.. here that clip anyhow.. travesty of a mockery of a sham...of a mockery of a travesty of 2 mockeries and a sham

My fairy tales sources who knew people who have personally sipped on kovy's kool aid said the contract would be 13 years 90 million.

I wouldnt mind that cap hit at all :hail:

Or just make it 13years 91million with a 7m cap hit

Personally just sign the man to any deal i cant take this anymore im losing years of my life worrying about this guy, Do work today Lou! :koolaid:

Edited by Zubie#8

Given Lou's known superstition when it comes to numbers, I wouldn't be surprised if he avoids the 13-year deal (which would take Kovy til he's 40) and right now he's waiting to see what happens with these other contracts before deciding on a 12-year or 14-year deal.

Yeah, even typing that felt ridiculous. No Kovy news and no beer makes Homer something something ...