New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

huh i may need someone to chip in...but wouldnt it mean if NHLPA accepts these terms, Kovys cap hit would be much higher then 666666(whatever the number was lol)?

no, it means the Kovalchuk contract would be the last contract accepted under the present terms. everything else in the future would be judged by the new "form"

from rotoworld:

The New York Post is reporting that the NHL could void the contract of Roberto Luongo as early as Friday.

The NHL would also not allow the potential contract of Ilya Kovalchuk the report says if the NHLPA is not willing to change some parts of the existing CBA to avoid front-loading long-term contracts. It is reported that the NHL wants to count only the years of a contract before the age of 40 towards the salary cap and negotiations are on-going. Luongo signed a 12-year/$64 million contract extension a year ago and the contract kicks in this season as he still had a year remaining on his old deal. The article also states that the Marian Hossa contract is still being investigated.Should both sides finally come to an agreement, the Kovalchuk, Luongo and all other deals will be grandfathered in. Stay tuned as this story is far from over.

Per twitter of dchesnokov :

KHL VP Shalaev "to be honest I'm sure Kovalchuk won't be coming to Russia yet. He means too much for the NHL."

HL VP "but if Kovalchuk decides to come over, he can sign any contract; SKA will pay the luxury tax; it's democratic and free here"

I'm sure you will love it... ; )

If the league is taking its sweet time because it is going to void more then one contract then I understand the delay. It's not like the Devils didn't have the chance to sign Kovy to a 'normal' deal; they didn't because they couldn't afford him. At some point this lunacy of front loaded contract has to stop; just stinks it is when we did it, but by all accounts this was the most over the top attempt.

I think there is still a very good chance of him being on our team by the time camp starts. 90% of the BS coming from the Russian league is exactly that, BS.

I'm pretty sure Kovy doesn't want (for real) Russian league... But does the NHL wanna Kovy ?

Kill for the example ? ; )

I'm pretty sure Kovy doesn't want (for real) Russian league... But does the NHL wanna Kovy ?

Kill for the example ? ; )

The NHL just wants to cover it's ass for future contracts. If it allows this without an agreement from the NHLPA saying that this will be the last one of its kind, then there could be a tidal wave of these kinds of contracts within the next couple of years before the CBA is up. In a way, this could be a good thing for us hockey fans if the NHLPA agree to the terms if they are true, as it would at least get some of the issues out of the way regarding player contracts when the CBA is up, thus helping avoid the possibility of a work stoppage.

The Devils fan in me is furious the NHL has taken so long for this and being hypocritical as they have approved other contracts like this in the recent past. The hockey fan in me thinks these contracts are pretty ridiculous and needs to be brought under control. Why have a cap in the first place then if teams can sign players to these types of contracts? It will be like pre-2005 all over again and I'd hate to think we all lost a year of hockey over nothing. (even though we kinda did regardless)

I am already sick of Kovy and dont even give a sh!t if he is on our team this year, I hope we end up trading him this coming season that would be hilarious. fvck Kovalchuk. over rated any way been in the league 8 years and only has 2 playoff wins.

I am already sick of Kovy and dont even give a sh!t if he is on our team this year, I hope we end up trading him this coming season that would be hilarious. fvck Kovalchuk. over rated any way been in the league 8 years and only has 2 playoff wins.

"Yes, let the hate flow through you!"

500full.jpg

One elite player alone amongst of a team of less than average players does not equal regular season or play-off success. Saying that he still averaged what better than 1 point a game? I would love to see what he does when he gets some more time to develop chemistry with the Devils.

i'm just as fed up with this as any fan, but seriously, you're going to fault him, one player, for the lack of success with two different franchises?

BTW he has 1 playoff victory, ours this season, atlanta has never won a playoff game.

Yea, this dude is totally overrated because he didn't carry one of the sh!ttiest teams in the league by himself to a playoff win.

These stats are terrible. http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=56745

You're right, he blows. We shouldn't go out of our way to grab one of the elite players in the NHL. fvck Kovy.

Yea, this dude is totally overrated because he didn't carry one of the sh!ttiest teams in the league by himself to a playoff win.

These stats are terrible. http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=56745

You're right, he blows. We shouldn't go out of our way to grab one of the elite players in the NHL. fvck Kovy.

i know, screw those 338 goals and 642 points.