New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It feels like when the band goes on stage ... the house lights are still dark.. you hear a strum or too on the guitar so you know the players are in position. ..

since i'm only on page 479 or 480 of catching up since i left/returned from work, i apologize, if anyone gave props already but:

i love this analogy

that is all

Hope we hear something about this from Lou tomorrow. But I doubt we will.

(Edit: just noticed that this was post 9,600... holy crap)

If we do hear something, it will probably be along the lines of "everything is status quo".

There was no contract submitted. Daly was quoted saying that he and the Devils were just talking conceptually reagrading contract structure. Who even knows if we are any further along than we were on July 1st?

What I would like to know then is WTF were the Devils up to the past 2 weeks then? Why did they not arrange a meeting with Daly or the NHL right after the arbitrator denied the last contract?????

Is it your guys' opinion that there is a deal in place already and Devils just wanted to get a feel if that deal would work? Or do you think that they now have a guidline to follow and now have to come up with something that works wiht the NHL , then see if Grossman and Kovy will accept that offer , more or less starting from scratch???

There was no contract submitted. Daly was quoted saying that he and the Devils were just talking conceptually reagrading contract structure. Who even knows if we are any further along than we were on July 1st?

What I would like to know then is WTF were the Devils up to the past 2 weeks then? Why did they not arrange a meeting with Daly or the NHL right after the arbitrator denied the last contract?????

Is it your guys' opinion that there is a deal in place already and Devils just wanted to get a feel if that deal would work? Or do you think that they now have a guidline to follow and now have to come up with something that works wiht the NHL , then see if Grossman and Kovy will accept that offer , more or less starting from scratch???

Deal is certainly in place already, otherwise Grossman wouldn't be there. They are simply looking for the league's OK before submitting it. Also there is a possibility that there is some issue within the deal (bonuses, lockout protection, etc) that they might have needed advice from the league about.

wouldn't it have been smart to do this whole "ask the league" thing the first time? <sigh> I have this worried feeling in the pit of my stomach that this will never end. Bettmann sold his soul to Cindy and in exchange, Cindy has put us in this never ending black hole. When it finally does end...we'll wake up the next day and it will be July 19th again and only Devils' fans will remember anything happening. This is a conspiracy to rid the world of Devils' fans by driving us insane!!