New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EJHradek_ESPN: NJ owner Jeff Vanderbeek, NJ GM Lou Lamoriello and Ilya Kovalchuk's agent Jay Grossman met with NHL execs at league's NY office today. Hmmm?

Yeah they have turned up and said "we cant work out how to put together a valid sensible contract, if you guys are so smart you f***ing work it out".

Also i have pictures of JVB dragging Lou by the wrist, with Lou dragging his heals like a toddler saying "i dont wanna sign him"!!!

http://sports.yahoo....act-decision-in

The talk appears accurate: Puck Daddy can confirm a report by ESPN.com'sEJ Hradek that Devils owner Jeff Vanderbeek, general managers LouLamoriello and Kovalchuk's agent Jay Grossman met with NHL officials andpresented the terms of a new contract for Kovalchuk.

A decision on the newly submitted deal -- no details are being leaked on its value or length -- is expected in the next 24 hours.

I stand corrected.

And now...we wait. For a little while longer

The EJ Hradek tweet is actual news, or at least the closest we've had to actual news since we were c*#$ Bloched.

i don't know Hradek tweets more than my little sister...

yeah, though...if lou and grossman were working bettman today, looks like were in the endgame... praise be to voodoo man...

Edited by ice dog

let this hapen. Oh please, please, please, please :pray::pray:

Mike

I'm sick of all this kovy crap already. The guy

Just wants to be the highest paid player in the NHL.

I say the he'll with him. ZP9 is better and

We should just sign Zack to a long term deal.

Any reason for the poetry style?

Edit: sammy'd again! :rant:

Edited by thelastonealive

I'm sure this deal is more in line with the Hossa contract.

so it will be submitted, approved, and then instantly put under investigation?

like i said before, the NHL and the devils are both not going to risk another rejected contract. or at least, the devils shouldn't. vincent lecavalier's deal is not under scrutiny - that should be the standard.

I know it's off by a letter, but every time I see it referred to as IPS I think of Irritable Bowel Syndrome.

They are having trouble holding in their bullsh!t.

would be hilarious if they screwed it up again.

Would be hilarious if they went for 18 years this time.

There should be some sort of punishment for this kind of reckless rumor-mongering. If this is another swing and miss on IPS's part, who do we need to contact to get their Primanti priveleges revoked?

Eh, the loss of credibility is punishment enough.

Well, all TG said is the contract hasn't been submitted yet. None of the previous bloggers claimed it has. So it looks like they have come to an agreement on the contract and met with the NHL to present it and make sure it doesn't get bloched again before finally submitting it and leaving it in the NHL's hands. So, what Chesnokov wrote about a possible announcement tomorrow is still probable. That's my optimistic view, at least. ;)

TG:

UPDATE: I tweeted this about 10 minutes ago, but wanted to repeat it here. The Devils and Kovalchuk’s camp still have not submitted a contract to the NHL for approval. From what I understand, at today’s meeting they discussed the framework for a contract and whether it would be acceptable to the NHL.

If they get that OK, they will presumably go forward with a formal contract that will be signed and then submitted to the NHL for approval.

TG's basically saying the same thing as everyone else, but I believe he's being more skeptical over what it means to submit a contract. Even from TG, it sounds like the contact was shown to the NHL and they're waiting for their approval. But this seems like an approval before the actual approval of a registered contract. The Devils and Grossman obviously want to be careful, and its also obvious that still nobody has a clue where the line in the sand has been drawn, though Daly stated otherwise.