Parise with torn meniscus will miss three months.

trailblazer

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We played without Marty for 4 months and made the playoffs. Marty is a bigger player than Parise is on our team. If Parise is out for any length of time, we SHOULD be fine. Its not like Parise was lighting up the lamp. He has a few goals, same amount as Bergfors in atlanta. Parise IS a big part of the teams success but injuries can happen to anyone so we'll have to deal with it.

Apples and Oranges.

The team that played in front of Clemmer was better and played sound fundamental hockey.

This is great news, just going to clean it up....this is the best case scenario unless they do a Bobby Orr job on he knee. Cartilage....who needs cartilage.

A Bobby Orr.........don't joke like this.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't all this basically mean they have no idea what's causing the discomfort? If that's the case, I wouldn't call this great news. Yea, it could be that he goes in, finds a few easily correctable things and patches Parise up quickly, but it could also mean that the doctor will find a big problem that the MRI didn't find, or (much worse) won't find anything at all and Parise will continue to have this pain for who knows how long. Basically, I'm saying that we aren't out of the woods yet.

well if the mri didn't find anything, then it's not a soft tissue damage, which is good news. i don't know if they took an x-ray but it could be a hairline fracture which would be bad since it would take a while to heal. i have my money on inflamed bursa, which would be tough to spot on an mri but would cause discomfort with any motion, and can easily go away in a few weeks' rest.

Well, this sucks.

But I was thinking of this...

When Parise returns... If LL is pretty sure that he will not be able to re-sign him, why not trade him??

I love ZP9, but if we can get a good player for a team that would love parise for high price, I mean, why not?? It's not even sure if the guy want's to stay! Or we could just wait and see if they're are any offer sheets. I don't wan't Parise traded, but if we can get high price, why not??

Well, this sucks.

But I was thinking of this...

When Parise returns... If LL is pretty sure that he will not be able to re-sign him, why not trade him??

I love ZP9, but if we can get a good player for a team that would love parise for high price, I mean, why not?? It's not even sure if the guy want's to stay! Or we could just wait and see if they're are any offer sheets. I don't wan't Parise traded, but if we can get high price, why not??

So we should trade ever good player on the roster as they approach free agency because they may not re-sign? Here's why not... Parise doesn't even have an AGENT yet. There have been NO TALKS about a contract. All this "Parise wants to leave" stuff is bull at this point.

hahahah, that was a damn close guess, hospital for joint diseases. though the residents from our joint run bellevue, hence the headless chicken.

cheers.gif

Didn't you hear? He told Lou he's dreamed of being a Ranger his whole life and made it clear he wanted out. So Lou had him committed.

Sounds One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest-esque. If he wants to leave, lobotomize him.

i wouldn't doubt a torn meniscus. just bc it didn't show up on any diagnostic tests doesn't mean it's not there.

if not that, i wouldn't doubt he's having patellofemoral issues. there are surgical ways to correct the problem but sometimes they can be a bit risky. such is life as an athlete though.

there's always the possibility of scar tissue from a prior knee injury that's causing discomfort or even plica...of course, we'll probably never find out and it'll all be a guessing game.

here's hoping it's nothing too bad.

i wouldn't doubt a torn meniscus. just bc it didn't show up on any diagnostic tests doesn't mean it's not there.

if not that, i wouldn't doubt he's having patellofemoral issues. there are surgical ways to correct the problem but sometimes they can be a bit risky. such is life as an athlete though.

there's always the possibility of scar tissue from a prior knee injury that's causing discomfort or even plica...of course, we'll probably never find out and it'll all be a guessing game.

here's hoping it's nothing too bad.

I had a torn meniscus last year, I got it working out one day, and hardly noticed it until a day later, my leg swelled up and I could hardly walk, I figured in a few days it would go away...but no dice, I walked around like I had a wooden leg for 2 months before finally getting it looked at. The MRI showed 2 big cyst's on each side of the torn muscle....this is what was causing the trouble, I had surgery on it ......no fooling I went in to the facility at 6 am, and was home watching TV by 9:30 am. I even walked up the stairs in my house and never even needed the pain killers I got. In 2 weeks I was back at work....feeling better than ever, I hope this is what Zach has, cause it wont be long till he's back on the ice and playing BETTER than ever.