Parise with torn meniscus will miss three months.

trailblazer

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know it's interesting to see who we've played. We haven't had an easy schedule so far. Dallas, Washington, Colorado, Pittsburgh, Boston, Vancouver, San Jose, NY Rangers, Los Angeles. These are all teams that are having pretty decent seasons(I haven't looked at Colorado's record). With the exception of the Rags and Dallas these are all teams that made the playoffs last year. The only anomaly was our second game against Buffalo. We really haven't had to face a hard luck team like ourselves except Montreal and Anaheim.

LL is not going to consider making an offer until he sees how Zach recovers.. Torn ligaments, especially in the knee, are not something you recover from after some rest.. Anything less than perfect rehab can leave everlasting damage, and anyone who has been through surgery on a ligament knows that a repaired ligament is never the same as the uninjured ligament (also depends on how much of a tear it was).. It's always going to be something to watch with Zach.. He could re-injure it at any time, even just twisting it the wrong way a little

He didnt tear a ligament

One thing people aren't paying attention to is why was Zach playing through this since August. Was he pressured to keep playing? Did he go against the trainers? Did he not say anything? Why, if he was the slightest bit hurt, did LL and staff take a chance and not sit this guy out to begin with.

I smell something not so kosher.

Edited by HellOnICE

Serious question other than wishful thinking what are you guys holding onto that makes you think this team is going to turn it around enough to make the playoffs. Turning the clock back on guys like Rolston, Capt Whiner, Arnott and Elias. The cap issues just going away on there own. The bad contracts of guys like Clarkson, Hedberg, Rolston just to name a few going away, not to mention the nmc/ntcs? On top of that there's more than a handful of AHL'ers that don't belong at this level to begin with. I just don't see it? Hopefully I'm wrong.

One thing people aren't paying attention to is why was Zach playing through this since August. Was he pressured to keep playing? Did he go against the trainers? Did he not say anything? Why, if he was the slightest bit hurt, did LL and staff take a chance and not sit this guy out to begin with.

After the way Martin's injury was treated you have to think something might not be right.

agreed - players should sit out whenever they feel some pain. my guess is that the devils knew parise had a torn meniscus and forced him out on the ice to sabotage parise's upcoming contract negotiation.

I said this 3 pages ago, HOI and my question was roundly dismissed by half-coherent follow-up panic attacks and the OMG WE SUX0R LULZ! crowd this board has taken on in heaps over the last two seasons.

A torn meniscus is not a rare injury in pro sports. Why wasn't it at least suspected as what was ailing Zach 3 months ago? I truly hope for the NJ fans' sake that this was Zach's call and not that of the already suspect medical staff.

sarcasm aside, is it possible that lou is running the kind of organization that reacts so poorly to bad news that even its doctors are prone to poor diagnoses to save their hides? i don't really think so. it took surgery to find the problem, and zach has been able to play through it for months now.

agreed - players should sit out whenever they feel some pain. my guess is that the devils knew parise had a torn meniscus and forced him out on the ice to sabotage parise's upcoming contract negotiation.

And Lou himself tore Parise's mensicus while he was sleeping during Kovy's contract negotiations during this summer....

Edited by Biggie B

then you know very little about medicine and how often MRIs can result in false negatives/positives.(not a dig at all towards you -- it's just that MRIs are not even probably close to 80% accurate so...it's quite easy to not turn up a rupture for a multitude of reasons. hell i've torn my menisci in both knees and none of the tears showed up in any of the MRIs)

AWE I can't be all that mean and stuff!!!HArgsy -- RD and Dew have had what seem/ed/s like ENDLESS knee surgeries etc... beyond traumatic - bordering comical except they really had to go through it all -- you guys did have a great sense of humor about it all too

not completely true. a torn meniscus means different things to different people -- doesn't matter age or whatever else. IF that's what happened to zach then i'll say "okay, at least it wasn't a ligament" BUT when you either sew up or remove the cartilage in the knee, it exposes the joint to arthritis. whether it's progressive or not with zach -- who knows -- he could be in and out of the hospital in a few hours donning a set of spider bites on his knees and nothing else, or it may not 100% correct the problem and he could have issues somewhere down teh road in his career. who knows.surgery is not a simple thing. after a knee has been operated on, no matter how little the procedure is -- the mechanics of the knee completely change. there are so many variables. scar tissue, arthritis, re-injury, exposure to other injuries due to weakness, etc etc.that's awesome that you pulled out super quick after surgery -- not everyone is always that lucky haha. my first surgery was for a suspected torn meniscus (that like i previously said did not show up on an MRI). eight surgeries later and i'm looking at replacements in BOTH knees now. i'm only 25 lol.nothing really. it's just that i've had a sh!t ton of surgeries after needing one seemingly harmless knee surgery so when i read about someone who was all "i was in and out in one day and back to normal like five minutes later!" i lol at the somewhat irony of it all ha. :cheers:

we went through it all with her too...

Oh how much fun knee issues are. After my next joint surgery, I want my sub-nic to be cyborg. :evil:

RD Rmember when I walked, or tried, to walk around for 18 months, all scans said nothing wrong and after exploratory it was found that the cup in my hip was moving around due to more bone death behind it? The reason it never showed is because it only could be found when the joint was moved. I had a gazillion stress fractures that never showed on any scan.

Parise will fare better than either of us. His muscles are in shape and he has a personal trainer to boot, lol.

Yes, PK, you and lots of others supported, still do, me, RD and the saga of our bones and we thank you all. :D

Edited by StarDew

Well we know the Devils' medical staff stinks, or at least it did last year but it's useless to speculate because who knows what really happened? When something starts out as a little pain you think maybe it's a bruise or strain that you can work through, obviously they all felt that way. Maybe at some point when the pain increased someone should have thrown up a red flag but I don't think it was any kind of a situation where he was pressured from up high to play. He doesn't miss games, he wanted to play on his own.

Tri - if this kid says he was playing on his a 60% knee since AUGUST - then you AT LEAST sit him through training camp as a precaution. He's your best fvcking player.

who says it was 60%? you did. you have completely gone off the deep end otherwise. why would you have your best player sit out training camp?

Why is everyone acting like Parise is our WHOLE team? He isnt.... he is a great player and a big part of the team but he isnt the whole team. I expect this devils team to still turn it around and make the playoffs. By then Parise comes in and either disrupts the chemistry or makes us a power house into the playoffs. Losing brodeur for 4 months was a bigger deal than losing parise for 3 months.

Even without Parise we can still turn the season around and make the playoffs!!!

Yeah, he should of totally gotten hurt earlier, who needs that bum anyway. He's only figured in on around 40% of all goals over the last 2 regular seasons. With our scoring woes, him being out of the line up can only help the offense.

I agree that all is not lost, however, this is hardly a step in the right direction.

who says it was 60%? you did. you have completely gone off the deep end otherwise. why would you have your best player sit out training camp?

What's going off the deep end is having your best player on the ice on an injured knee in September and October, and not forcing him to sit games until it was 100%.

Now, I'm not saying the Devils knew more - for all we know, ZAch wasn't forthcoming. However, we know the team knew he had been having knee troubles.

Just another pile of sh!t, on an already full pile.

Zach said it had been going at 60% - 70%, not me.