MSG is closed

overtime98

The garden is closed due to falling asbestos material in the arena area. Knicks game tonight postponed and games this weekend could be as well... LOL

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/knicks/2010-11-02-magic-knicks-postponed-madison-square-garden_N.htm

what a dump

We should not be too eager to make fun of MSG for this. I was at a game last season when a chunk of the ceiling tiles above section 134 at the rock fell and landed on empty seats in the middle of that section. No one was hurt but they closed off that entire section as well as half of 133 and moved everyone over into the empty seats in section 133 and 132.

Rumor has it the asbestos story is just a coverup...A source just emailed me:

"Do not believe the asbestos story about Madison Square Garden's closing. The truth is MSG has been seriously infested with bed bugs. They reportedly entered the arena in Sean Avery's Gucci purse, and crawled out hours later during the Ranger's victory over the Chicago Blackhawks on Monday night. From the locker room they spread throughout the arena and concourse, and into the seats. A large extermination crew was called in on an emergency basis and have been diligently fighting the sudden outbreak. When Avery was questioned by health officials about where the bugs could have originally crawled into his beautiful purse, he frantically replied "The gentleman I was spending the night with assured me that the hotel we were staying at had the highest sanitation standards and that is was very clean!" When the authorities told Avery that his pocketbook had to be taken to the labratory and would not be returned to him, he became teary-eyed and began yelling obscenities at the nearest exterminator. When the exterminator looked towards Avery, Sean yelled "Let's go!" The exterminator dropped his spray tank and charged Avery with clenched fists. Avery sat there with his hands at his sides and waited until the NYPD arrested the man. Witnesses say Avery's hockey gloves were on throughout the entire incident."

We should not be too eager to make fun of MSG for this. I was at a game last season when a chunk of the ceiling tiles above section 134 at the rock fell and landed on empty seats in the middle of that section. No one was hurt but they closed off that entire section as well as half of 133 and moved everyone over into the empty seats in section 133 and 132.

very true.... not too mention leaks in the roof, escalator problems, electrical problems, etc....

at least our arena is newer and there is no asbestos. lol

"Do not believe the asbestos story about Madison Square Garden's closing. The truth is MSG has been seriously infested with bed bugs. They reportedly entered the arena in Sean Avery's Gucci purse, and crawled out hours later during the Ranger's victory over the Chicago Blackhawks on Monday night. From the locker room they spread throughout the arena and concourse, and into the seats. A large extermination crew was called in on an emergency basis and have been diligently fighting the sudden outbreak. When Avery was questioned by health officials about where the bugs could have originally crawled into his beautiful purse, he frantically replied "The gentleman I was spending the night with assured me that the hotel we were staying at had the highest sanitation standards and that is was very clean!" When the authorities told Avery that his pocketbook had to be taken to the labratory and would not be returned to him, he became teary-eyed and began yelling obscenities at the nearest exterminator. When the exterminator looked towards Avery, Sean yelled "Let's go!" The exterminator dropped his spray tank and charged Avery with clenched fists. Avery sat there with his hands at his sides and waited until the NYPD arrested the man. Witnesses say Avery's hockey gloves were on throughout the entire incident."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Perfect analogy for this season, the freakin sky is falling.