GDT: New Jersey @ Boston 7:00 EST, MSG PLUS (HD),NESN (HD)

Devil Fan

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are dreadful. The bad officiating is actually a pleasant distraction, something interesting to discuss.

I haven't been shy to criticize the Devils this season but there is nothing pleasant about this officiating tonight. It's been a rough game for NJ and the officiating definitely has something to do with it. They got fvcked tonight, and not in a good way.

I haven't been shy to criticize the Devils this season but there is nothing pleasant about this officiating tonight. It's been a rough game for NJ and the officiating definitely has something to do with it. They got fvcked tonight, and not in a good way.

That call to make it a 5-on-3 was dopey, wasn't it?

Perfect officiating wouldn't help this team score though. I never saw a more non-dangerous team than the Devils. So feeble.

I've seen enough to know they're going nowhere as presently constituted.

Ya think? Hahahaha!

Edited by Jerrydevil

Chuck the Duck!!

Sorry just looking for a bright spot...

Bright spot? The game will be over in 13 minutes. That's your bright spot.

Mac is not getting fired. Between the injuries and the cap mess, how the hell would firing him shake anything up? So much of this sh!t storm is out of his control. They are what they are at this point, and that is a less then mediocre team. Mac has had his stumbles for sure but all I see that can be gained from him being fired is that he'll just be an embarrassed ex-coach.

November 15th and not a single set of back to back wins. Running out of time....

Edited by Sickman

Once this loss is in the books, something needs to be done. We're a week and a half out from Thanksgiving and this team hasn't been able to win 2 games in a row. I've seen enough to know they're going nowhere as presently constituted.

Like too many other games this season, i turned it off at 1-0.

The only possible move to make right now is to can Maclean. Time to find out who really is the problem (although it can be argued the "problem" is not the individuals on the bench or ice to begin with). If it's the players (as i believe) then you can explore movement at some point if they still don't respond. If it's the coach, then you caught the problem still early enough for a turnaround.

If it's players, then you're pretty much stuck until March. I'm not really convinced there's a quick fix or a one trade in the cards for this group to save the season and no sense sacrificing assets to do so. They are not cup contenders and no need to think they are so. It needs a complete overhaul, which will come eventually from whenever into the summer.

I don't want Tedenby and Josefson around this bunch, either. They'll be here next year. Don't ruin these kids now. If they are going to lose 40-45 games do it without your top prospects getting poisoned or hurt.

Bottom line is something to give, now. The excuses are over with.

Mac is not getting fired. Between the injuries and the cap mess, how the hell would firing him shake anything up? So much of this sh!t storm is out of his control. They are what they are at this point, and that is a less then mediocre team. Mac has had his stumbles for sure but all I see that can be gained from him being fired is that he'll just be an embarrassed ex-coach.

I've been saying this all year...but I give up now. It's no longer if Mac's gone, it's just a matter of when and how. If Vanderbeek was involved with Kovy he's definitely gonna be involved with this too - and then Lou will resign at the end of the year and we'll really be in a world of hurt.

I do have my issues with Mac - they try but geez, they have no discernible system. Plus there's just too much line shuffling (though that isn't helped by the constant roster shifting) and changing around the d-pairs a few games back didn't thrill me either.

I think it may be time to end the MacLean experiment. This team just shows nothing to me, no flow, no approach, just a clusterf*ck. The defense isnt very good, but on both ends. Greene and Taormina just shovel shots towards the nets, no vision and movement, no creativity in passing.

Hopefully Arnott still nets some more and Langenbrunner comes back so we can ship the both of them out for a draft pick or a prospect or two come February.

I doubt Rolston is movable and neither Salvador or Zubrus would get much in return.

Like too many other games this season, i turned it off at 1-0.

The only possible move to make right now is to can Maclean. Time to find out who really is the problem (although it can be argued the "problem" is not the individuals on the bench or ice to begin with). If it's the players (as i believe) then you can explore movement at some point if they still don't respond. If it's the coach, then you caught the problem still early enough for a turnaround.

If it's players, then you're pretty much stuck until March. I'm not really convinced there's a quick fix or a one trade in the cards for this group to save the season and no sense sacrificing assets to do so. They are not cup contenders and no need to think they are so. It needs a complete overhaul, which will come eventually from whenever into the summer.

I don't want Tedenby and Josefson around this bunch, either. They'll be here next year. Don't ruin these kids now. If they are going to lose 40-45 games do it without your top prospects getting poisoned or hurt.

Bottom line is something to give, now. The excuses are over with.

Agree on all accounts but I just have a hard time seeing Lou put Mac out to pasture. At least from his quotes, he really seems to have MacLean's back and fully supports him. But like you said, firing is the only thing they can do at this point. You can't ship out all of the players. Unfortunately, there really is no other option but will it get done? It would be unfair for Mac to take the fall for everything but this is looking like a lost cause.

Edited by Sickman

I think it may be time to end the MacLean experiment. This team just shows nothing to me, no flow, no approach, just a clusterf*ck. The defense isnt very good, but on both ends. Greene and Taormina just shovel shots towards the nets, no vision and movement, no creativity in passing.

Hopefully Arnott still nets some more and Langenbrunner comes back so we can ship the both of them out for a draft pick or a prospect or two come February.

I doubt Rolston is movable and neither Salvador or Zubrus would get much in return.

Was Taormina even playing?

Edited by dejaentendu2101