Volchenkov Suspended for three games.

Maddog

Here's the Cooke hit:

Pens commentators are such homers they just come across as caricatures at this point.

Did they actually say there is 2 ways of looking at that?? Are you kidding me he clearly hit from behind, HE CLEARLY LEFT HIS FEET! God knows I would be curious as to the other way of looking at it would be?? Of course just remember the Hoby Baker comments, and the Brodeur comment about the elderly goalie.

I mean the NHL should monitor some of the assanine comments that are made by Homer commentators and start handing out fines. I mean Team reps can get fined for ripping officials, and these guys are "team reps" they get paid by the team so they represent the team. It is time for the NHL to do something about ridiculous commentators as well!

What a pity the "hit" didn't merit 3 games. Anton should have knocked him into oblivion and had Boychuk (what kind of a fvcked-up name is that) carried off on a stretcher.

Once again the Canes inflict more pain on us, fvck that franchise to HELL.

What a pity the "hit" didn't merit 3 games. Anton should have knocked him into oblivion and had Boychuk (what kind of a fvcked-up name is that) carried off on a stretcher.

Once again the Canes inflict more pain on us, fvck that franchise to HELL.

While I don't agree with the 3 games, one positive to come out of this is that Boychuk didn't get injured. How would he getting injured have made this situation better? I'm glad he's fine and passed the concussion test.

Of course we lose him for 2 HUGE games against Toronto and Carolina!! The Sharks game while they all are important isnt as big as the other 2...

Lets hope for the Devils to rally around each other and step up even more the next few games!!

To be fair, what game isn't huge at this point. Team dug a hole and it would be a miracle for them to even get back in the picture so having suspensions and injuries is part of the season. Let just hope the D continues to play well as I thought they looked pretty good yesterday.

Did they actually say there is 2 ways of looking at that?? Are you kidding me he clearly hit from behind, HE CLEARLY LEFT HIS FEET! God knows I would be curious as to the other way of looking at it would be?? Of course just remember the Hoby Baker comments, and the Brodeur comment about the elderly goalie.

I mean the NHL should monitor some of the assanine comments that are made by Homer commentators and start handing out fines. I mean Team reps can get fined for ripping officials, and these guys are "team reps" they get paid by the team so they represent the team. It is time for the NHL to do something about ridiculous commentators as well!

Why do you think fans of the other 29 teams don't know what the Neutral Zone Trap is?

If a team other than the Devils "traps" ("exciting" teams like Boston-Detroit-Vancouver etc) it's "good defense", if the Devils play good defense, it's the trap.

I agree with your sentiments and would go a step further. Perhaps these commentators and color guys should get fined for stupidity and misinformation.

While I don't agree with the 3 games, one positive to come out of this is that Boychuk didn't get injured. How would he getting injured have made this situation better? I'm glad he's fine and passed the concussion test.

Because in my opinion it would have justified the three game suspension.

Yes that would have obviously helped us out greatly.

No, but I do have a standard philosophy. If you are going to get penalized, at least make it worth it...

Let's say Boychuk was to miss the next three games due to a mild concussion, that "evens the score" so to speak.

We lost one of ours, they lost one of theirs. JMO.

No, but I do have a standard philosophy. If you are going to get penalized, at least make it worth it...

Let's say Boychuk was to miss the next three games due to a mild concussion, that "evens the score" so to speak.

We lost one of ours, they lost one of theirs. JMO.

If he was injured they would have given Volchenkov more than three games.

You know what's annoying -- that he probably NEEDS two games to get his sh!t together. Two games LEmiare can even stand behind. but that third game was just a big fvck you. Devils are such good sports we have to give them an additional fvck YOU game to make sure they're as sour on us as the rest of the league.

Suspentions aren't based on hit, injury, or prior record. They're based solely on organizational outrage. The Rangers explode at a fine -- Devils you have to really kick the sh!t out of them before they even emit a wince of pain.

The NHL is a giant pot of hypocrisy.

I get trying to protect players and reduce/eliminate head shots, but look no further than Volchenkov getting punched in the back of the head three times after the hit. Is that not a direct and intentional blow to the head? Why turn a blink eye to that sort of conduct? F'n christ, it didn't even warrant a penalty according to the officials last night.

If head contact is such a crying concern, why are guys still allowed to drop their gloves and attempt to beat an opponents face into a bloody pulp? Certainly seems like head contact to me.

And all this talk about players not having respect for one another all of a sudden is complete baloney. Remember Messier's cross check to Gilmour's face in 97?...back then, it was a tough hockey player trying to give his team an advantage in the playoffs. The game hasn't changed, only the commentary has.

Not surprised with the way things are going in the No Hitting League. I mean we told the idiotic hockey nannies that it would lead to this, but no they had to scream and cry and bitch and moan because a bunch of glass jawed head down idiots got clonked with some gorgeous, CLEAN open ice checks.

Regarding this hit. It was an elbow...but it wasnt the worst I've seen. He really didnt stick it out, kind of a grazing blow. With no track record for suspensions...just give him a game.

Devils should appeal this

I can't wait until the Colin Campbell emails about this suspension surface.

Dear Lou,

Three games for Volchenkov, beeyatch! Next time don't forget to invite me to your Presidents Day party. lulz

Love,

Colie

P.S. I owe Conte a nut-punch for saying my son isn't the greatest player he's ever seen. He's suspended too. My Greggy-Poo is gonna be in the Hall one day, even if I have to suspend every other player in the league indefinitely to make it happen.

Gotta go, Gary needs a footrub ...

Why do you think fans of the other 29 teams don't know what the Neutral Zone Trap is?

If a team other than the Devils "traps" ("exciting" teams like Boston-Detroit-Vancouver etc) it's "good defense", if the Devils play good defense, it's the trap.

I agree with your sentiments and would go a step further. Perhaps these commentators and color guys should get fined for stupidity and misinformation.

Oh I know it is amazing how the "trap" ruined the NHL, yet how many teams use it?? Detroit won cups playing the "left wing lock" give me a break it was a TRAP. Philly played the trap under Hitchock, many teams have used it as you said but the Devils and their "trapping style" are just bad for the game...

Cooke getting 4 games with Volchenkov getting 3 is a complete disgrace, but who would expect anything else from the clearly biased front office? If Cooke's hit had been on a Ranger, who knows how long he sits?

What a true statement! I mean Cookes hit could have done some SERIOUS damage. Not to say Volchenkovs hit couldnt have caused an injury but just looking at the speed and impact.... Come on it was night and day! I could see Volchenkov getting a game and Cooke 4 but 4 and 3?? No way.