I can name that team in one note

mort4345

Not sure how you are defining "winning" the trade- going from 103 point season to maybe 80 points. That seems like a net loss.

Atlanta got rid of a salary cap burden and upgraded their talent depth at forward and defense as a result.

Atlanta will make the playoffs before we do. They are building and going in the right direction under Dudley. We are doing the best we can with spare parts that can only get us so far.

They got Bergfors who they threw away also and Oduya who is an upgrade on defense but nothing to write home about. Cormier who knows what happens with him, and then they got Byfuglien but you can't really count him as they also traded numerous other assets including our first to get him and it was also a completely different trade that we almost definatly wouldn't have made.

We got a 30 goal scorer on his worst year (which happened to be this one) and their 2nd rounder which became Merill who is looking like one of our best picks in years.

No matter how this season turned out we won that trade without any question at all.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They got Bergfors who they threw away also and Oduya who is an upgrade on defense but nothing to write home about. Cormier who knows what happens with him, and then they got Byfuglien but you can't really count him as they also traded numerous other assets including our first to get him and it was also a completely different trade that we almost definatly wouldn't have made.

We got a 30 goal scorer on his worst year (which happened to be this one) and their 2nd rounder which became Merill who is looking like one of our best picks in years.

No matter how this season turned out we won that trade without any question at all.

Time will tell. But dropping Kovalchuk freed up cap space for Rick Dudley to build a better team.

I still think that Atlanta's prospects for winning the cup are better than ours for the next few years. But again, time will tell.

Time will tell. But dropping Kovalchuk freed up cap space for Rick Dudley to build a better team.

I still think that Atlanta's prospects for winning the cup are better than ours for the next few years. But again, time will tell.

Atlanta's chances are definitely better now these days due to the freed up cap space, but what they did is basically use it to get what almost seems to be half of the Cup-winning blackhawks. However, I still think both teams benefitted from the trade as we also needed goal scoring which is where Kovy came in. For the last few years goal-scoring has been a problem and Lou went out and did what he thought was right. There are not many pure goal-scores who can put on a full-rounded game and Kovy def does have his limitations, but you have to take the good with the bad and I see more upside to him than down. You just need a coach who can utilize him the best way possible, and Lemaire has done a good job with him with him so far in my opinion.

Again I def see your opinion of Kovy as being valid just like I have my opinions about Clarkson and some people will argue with me to death about what an asset he is to our team, but I just do not see it.

I'm going to pull a Don here and ask if you're willing to bet on that.

I already tried. I will again say to Manta:

If you are that sure the Devils will miss the playoffs next year, I have a proposal. We both send a Mod a PayPal payment of equal amounts. The winner of the bet gets their money back and the loser's money is donated to the site. What do ya say pal?

I would be a millionaire by now if I would have acknowledged some of these proposed "wagers" on this site.

No thanks Cups, keep your money.

Exactly as I thought. Put up or shut up. I have a PayPal account and will send the funds when you are ready to grow a set. It's for a good cause too; the "winnings" get donated to good ol' NJDevs.com

Exactly as I thought. Put up or shut up. I have a PayPal account and will send the funds when you are ready to grow a set. It's for a good cause too; the "winnings" get donated to good ol' NJDevs.com

you know and we all know he's all talk man, he's just a pathetic running joke now

As soon as I saw "bet" I thought this was just another one of your stupid posts and just stopped reading it.

But after re-reading this and specifically the donations to the site: YOUR ON.

You can give to a good cause, or barring some miracle (Teddy becomes the new Crosby) I will donate to a good cause.

Name the price big boy. $50?

As soon as I saw "bet" I thought this was just another one of your stupid posts and just stopped reading it.

But after re-reading this and specifically the donations to the site: YOUR ON.

You can give to a good cause, or barring some miracle (Teddy becomes the new Crosby) I will donate to a good cause.

Name the price big boy. $50?

HA! $50 sounds perfect