GDT: Bruins @ Devils

95Crash

My first-ever GDT, this one is just about being a Devils fan, plain and simple, nothing more, nothing less ...

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Boston Bruins at New Jersey Devils, 3:00 p.m

large.png vs. large.png

Per the Devils website:

http://devils.nhl.com/index.html

Fan Appreciation Day

The Devils will host Fan Appreciation Day at Prudential Center on Sunday, April 10.

Starting at noon on Championship Plaza the team will host a Fan Fest to thank their fans for a season that will be remembered for the Devils' impressive second-half surge.

The Fan Fest will feature entertainment by Shorty Long and the Jersey Horns as well as food, games and activities.

Everyone in attendance at the game will receive a scratch-off ticket upon entrance. The ticket can be redeemed for any number of prizes that afternoon.

This is OUR team ... always and forever.

GO DEVILS!

:burn: :burn: :burn: :burn:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The sad part is now there really is no excuse not to root for the team to lose, since the game's meaningless for both teams and the Devils can't get to or above .500...but it can be the difference between finishing 6th and 8th from the bottom.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Where did you hear that?

I haven't seen it anywhere official but both Henrique and Urbom were healthy scratches for Albany last night.

EDIT: Should also add that Vasyunov was a healthy scratch as well.

Hopefully the Devils lock up the 6th pick.

Edited by thefiestygoat

Fan Appreciation Day? I'll appreciate it if they lose and lock in the 6th pick :D

All kidding aside, this team showed its heart in yesterday's loss against the Rangers unfortunately. After one period, they mailed it in.

The D is atrocious and they lack toughness up front. And obviously, they can't find a way to put the puck in net.

Hopefully next year they'll be better...we'll see.

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2011/04/adam_henrique_expected_to_make.html

Adam Henrique, who scored 25 goals for Albany (AHL) this season, is expected to make his NHL debut today when the Devils face the Boston Bruins at the Prudential Center.

Defenseman Alexander Urbom, also in from Albany, could be in the New Jersey lineup.

Henrique, the Devils' fourth pick (82nd overall) in the 2008 entry draft, scored 50 points (25 goals, 25 assists) in 73 games at Albany this season. He was expected to push for an NHL job in training camp but he did not play well enough to stay.

Henrique is official and it looks like Urbom too. No word on Vasyunov so perhaps Albany was just giving him a breather as they were in the 2nd day of 3 games in 3 days.

This is the first time in 18 years of being a fan that I've ever watched a Devils game knowing that it will be the last game of the season. I can't believe I need to wait a half of a year to see them play again. All you guys who like baseball are lucky, you'll be distracted for a while but I just don't care about anything other than Devils hockey. How you guys can root for the Mets, Yankees, or Phillies is beyond me. If Jersey had a baseball team, maybe I'd follow...

This is the first time in 18 years of being a fan that I've ever watched a Devils game knowing that it will be the last game of the season. I can't believe I need to wait a half of a year to see them play again. All you guys who like baseball are lucky, you'll be distracted for a while but I just don't care about anything other than Devils hockey. How you guys can root for the Mets, Yankees, or Phillies is beyond me. If Jersey had a baseball team, maybe I'd follow...

I feel your pain. I have been a Devils fan since day one. I can't even think about six months with no Devils hockey. I also am surrounded by Ranger fans so I hope they go out real quick. As to the rest of my year. I will watch baseball but..... I just can't stand it. We have a minor league team here (the Long Island Ducks) and I went to a game last summer. I could not believe how slooooooooooooooooooooooooow it was. I would rather watch paint dry. That is enough of my soap box :soap:

I feel your pain. I have been a Devils fan since day one. I can't even think about six months with no Devils hockey. I also am surrounded by Ranger fans so I hope they go out real quick. As to the rest of my year. I will watch baseball but..... I just can't stand it. We have a minor league team here (the Long Island Ducks) and I went to a game last summer. I could not believe how slooooooooooooooooooooooooow it was. I would rather watch paint dry. That is enough of my soap box :soap:

This. Baseball is the most overrated out of the big four IMO. With no football it's really gonna be hard. Lol