Brodeur out 3-4 Months

jkrdevil

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd look into acquiring one of those Auld/Fernandez/Hedberg itinerant types for a 3rd round pick. Weekes can't handle the load Brodeur did, so it's probably going to have to be something in the way of a 70/30 split, at least.

I also wonder how this will work re: the salary cap. Should free up a lot more room near the end of the year.

Edited by Triumph

Per TG Marty needs surgery and is out 3 to 4 months.

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/2008/11...orn-biceps.html

Hmmmmm.

Doesn't surprise me one bit that this is more serious than originally thought.

I read post game comments or lack thereof, Lou Dawg's comments or lack thereof, and watched video up to the point that dat Martans guy came out and I thought to myself, "Self, that 'aint no bruised elbow. Dat puppy be majorly damaged."

Lord Marty. I don't know what to say now, bro.

My heart is in my throat. :blink:

I had a feeling this was going to be a bad one too. When has no news regarding injuries with this team EVER been good news?

So here's the translated injury break down.

Brodeur - "bruised elbow" = Torn Bicep, out for 3-4 months

Holik - "broken pinkie" = Missing pinkie, out till they find it

Rolstin - "ankle sprain" = Shattered foot, out so they can build new robotic foot

Greene - "broken hand" = Leprosy, out for 4-6 months

Pierre Leblonde - "fractured orbital bone" = squashed eyeball, out until new glass eye is fitted

Martin - "upper body injury" = Spinal fracture, out indefinitely

Once again, some of you are deluded.

The 3-4 month estimate in my opinion is highly conservative and rooted more in hope than in reality. Brodeur is lost for the year, and perhaps any 1st round of the playoffs we might get (unlikely).

Brodeur must have surgery and cannot use his arm for several weeks. Beyond that, he cannot use his arm for strenuous activity nor exert his upper body. Take into account he will not be conditioning himself physically while he is on the shelf.

Even if he is medically cleared to play in March, you could not possibly expect Brodeur to be in game-shape right away. Most likely, I think its best to write him off until 2009-2010.

This is bad, but it happens sometimes. Look at the Patriots with Brady.

Now is the time for other players to step up again, like Elias, Zajac, Langenbrunner, Rolston (when he gets back), heck even Holik. Lou will have to trade for a goalie, Weekes cannot handle a full load and has shown that in his career.

So here's the translated injury break down.

Brodeur - "bruised elbow" = Torn Bicep, out for 3-4 months

Holik - "broken pinkie" = Missing pinkie, out till they find it

Rolstin - "ankle sprain" = Shattered foot, out so they can build new robotic foot

Greene - "broken hand" = Leprosy, out for 4-6 months

Pierre Leblonde - "fractured orbital bone" = squashed eyeball, out until new glass eye is fitted

Martin - "upper body injury" = Spinal fracture, out indefinitely

greatest post ever

Once again, some of you are deluded.

The 3-4 month estimate in my opinion is highly conservative and rooted more in hope than in reality. Brodeur is lost for the year, and perhaps any 1st round of the playoffs we might get (unlikely).

Brodeur must have surgery and cannot use his arm for several weeks. Beyond that, he cannot use his arm for strenuous activity nor exert his upper body. Take into account he will not be conditioning himself physically while he is on the shelf.

Even if he is medically cleared to play in March, you could not possibly expect Brodeur to be in game-shape right away. Most likely, I think its best to write him off until 2009-2010.

This is bad, but it happens sometimes. Look at the Patriots with Brady.

Now is the time for other players to step up again, like Elias, Zajac, Langenbrunner, Rolston (when he gets back), heck even Holik. Lou will have to trade for a goalie, Weekes cannot handle a full load and has shown that in his career.

Wow...downer much?

It could be 3-4 months. With the shape that Brodeur is in and his drive to get back on the ice that estimate could be accurate.

Have a little faith...its all we as fans have left at this point.

Interesting talk on Hockey Central. They seem to think Lou might go after a goalie. It is well known Edmonton has no use for both their goalies, but I can't see Lou trading for a goalie. This is Kevin Weekes time to be the #1 guy.

It is Weeksie's time, but we could use a quality back-up. You really trust Clemmensen as our only insurance policy in case Weekes gets hurt too? Also, Weekes isn't going to play 7500 games in a row like Marty. We need someone who can spell him from time to time and still gives us a reasonable chance of winning.

before everyone does truly panic, recall when pittsburgh lost MA Fleury to a high ankle sprain.

Ty Conklin came in and had a .923 save percentage, the team went 18-8 with him in nets, and MA Fleury played tremendously in the playoffs. Am I saying that will happen here? No, of course not. But if Weekes can put up a .900-.905 save percentage, this team can still win about half its games, which should be enough to sustain them until Brodeur comes back.

Edited by Triumph

Stupid MB30 mask...he had to change it! :angry:

We need to aquire another goalie now. Weekes is not quite starter quality and should only play 60% of the time. Trouble is, Clemmensen isn't good enough to play the other 40%.

Is Belfour still around? Hasek?

before everyone does truly panic, recall when pittsburgh lost MA Fleury to a high ankle sprain.

Ty Conklin came in and had a .923 save percentage, the team went 18-8 with him in nets, and MA Fleury played tremendously in the playoffs. Am I saying that will happen here? No, of course not. But if Weekes can put up a .900-.905 save percentage, this team can still win about half its games, which should be enough to sustain them until Brodeur comes back.

If Weekes pulls a 500 record, or hovers around it, the Devils will be fine.

Stupid MB30 mask...he had to change it! :angry:

We need to aquire another goalie now. Weekes is not quite starter quality and should only play 60% of the time. Trouble is, Clemmensen isn't good enough to play the other 40%.

Is Belfour still around? Hasek?

Bring Roy out of retirement and then see the fireworks fly !!

I'd look into acquiring one of those Auld/Fernandez/Hedberg itinerant types for a 3rd round pick. Weekes can't handle the load Brodeur did, so it's probably going to have to be something in the way of a 70/30 split, at least.

I also wonder how this will work re: the salary cap. Should free up a lot more room near the end of the year.

Definately. Clemmer is good for spot starts. Not playing say, 15-20 out of 50 games.