GDT: YOUR New Jersey Devils @ Detroit 7:30PM

ThreeCups

When does Deboer start feeling the heat, because you shouldn't be able to miss the playoffs twice as Devils coach and survive.

I really do like Pete as our coach and outside of why is Larsson still in Albany, he has pretty much put out the best personnel on the ice since at least the new year.

I think it's a lack of talent on this team and not as much as coaching. Just wish Lou would see that.

I really do like Pete as our coach and outside of why is Larsson still in Albany, he has pretty much put out the best personnel on the ice since at least the new year.

I think it's a lack of talent on this team and not as much as coaching. Just wish Lou would see that.

He's ordinary. He doesn't know how to teach of develop talent or mold his system. He's a system guy and that's it.

I think if we miss there's a possibility he gets fired but he might get one more year on the excuse of how many forwards we've lost the last two yrs. But I don't see much help coming and his use of his 4th line and other favorites has been firing worthy dating back to last season.

Time to break down all 7 goals.

1. No chance

2. No chance

3. Had a chance, but it was a nicely placed shot by Franzen.

4. BAD BAD goal.

5. Had a chance, but tough save to make through a screen.

6. No chance, but could have placed the rebound a little bit better.

7. No chance.

Terrible defensive game.  Just awful.

• Like 1

Lol Chico is the best to listen to after a deflating goal- franzen is like a man in the woods who knows the right trails to get lost lololol.

that is hilarious man i must tune him out, i love chico but cangi is nails on a chalk board for me.

There are certain games you discuss goaltending, but tonight was just a pathetic hockey game by everyone but 4 guys. Brodeur..Schneider...it didn't matter, score would have been the same. Probably the worst the Devils have played in a very very long time. I actually thought Cory made a lot of good saves. He needed to make a lot more tonight, though.

Brodeur has a real chance now. Hopefully he makes the best of it. Pete will ride a winner. So if Brodeur doesn't get a few games in a row, this season is over.

There are certain games you discuss goaltending, but tonight was just a pathetic hockey game by everyone but 4 guys. Brodeur..Schneider...it didn't matter, score would have been the same. Probably the worst the Devils have played in a very very long time. I actually thought Cory made a lot of good saves. He needed to make a lot more tonight, though.

Brodeur has a real chance now. Hopefully he makes the best of it. Pete will ride a winner. So if Brodeur doesn't get a few games in a row, this season is over.

C'mon.

I'll admit I'm not even going to watch this game. In the past, win or lose, I'll catch up on the game on DVR but I'm not going to waste my time tonight.

I'm about to send a search and rescue team for Ryder and brunner. Second really extended stretch of nothing from them this season.

I am so tired of these guys and would love to see them moved on draft day. Ryder no goals in 18 games. Brunner no goals in 10 games. I get that these guys tend to run hot and cold but this is a bit ridiculous.

I'll admit I'm not even going to watch this game. In the past, win or lose, I'll catch up on the game on DVR but I'm not going to waste my time tonight.

I am so tired of these guys and would love to see them moved on draft day. Ryder no goals in 18 games. Brunner no goals in 10 games. I get that these guys tend to run hot and cold but this is a bit ridiculous.

I'd like to see at least one of them moved, but I can't see either one bringing much back. 

As for the game...sucks that Schneider didn't have the kind of game the Devils really needed him to have, but I'm definitely not in "the last couple of games completely negates the terrific stretch that came before it" mode.  If Cory has proven anything in his career, it's that he's a very good puck-stopper.  I fully believe he will recover. 

OK Marty, you wanted playing time, looks like you will have a shot to get it.  Make the most of it. 

Last night was so weird...once the Devils took that 3-2 lead, I kept waiting for them to settle the game down.  It just never happened. 

Would've been nice to see PDB to call a timeout when it was 4-3 or 5-3, but it probably wouldn't have made much of a difference.  If there's anything disheartening about the last couple of games, it's that Detroit isn't at full strength and the Devils still had their hands full.  Devils are actually pretty fortunate to have earned a draw.

dont watch, it erase it fast, nothing good will come from seeing it,

There are certain games you discuss goaltending, but tonight was just a pathetic hockey game by everyone but 4 guys. Brodeur..Schneider...it didn't matter, score would have been the same. Probably the worst the Devils have played in a very very long time.

Agreed completely with this, it was an awful game all around. Glad they have a chance to rebound quickly tonight, but, like everyone, my biggest fear is Marty getting unnecessary run as the starter/more playing time than he deserves with a win. I'd like to think PDB is wiser, but we'll see. 

At least Henrique continues to be a bright spot; I'm too lazy to go look it up but I remember seeing on the postgame he has something like 9 points in his last 5 games, 7 of which were goals. Love it. 

Edited by nmigliore

I am so tired of these guys and would love to see them moved on draft day. Ryder no goals in 18 games. Brunner no goals in 10 games. I get that these guys tend to run hot and cold but this is a bit ridiculous.

There's a reason no other team offered Ryder 2 years and why Brunner was still unsigned into training camp. One of them needs to be moved this offseason. Much like picking up Ruutu, locking up mediocre players on a multi year contract is an issue Lou needs to explain.

In fairness to Ryder, at least he's getting shots (46 in those 18 goal-less games) whereas Brunner isn't.

There's a reason no other team offered Ryder 2 years and why Brunner was still unsigned into training camp. One of them needs to be moved this offseason. Much like picking up Ruutu, locking up mediocre players on a multi year contract is an issue Lou needs to explain.

Yeah but like it or not they did bring production at some point, and were still lacking. If we ship them were gonna be lacking even more.

Well that was rough to watch. Good news is we're finding ways to put the puck in the net. If we play our usual game then we should easily be winning games when we score 3. I think Detroit just has a way to open the game up that our system can't compete against.

It will be very interesting to see how this team responds tonight.

These are band-aid signings that Lou makes when players leave suddenly on him. Nieds left so he signed malakhov and mcgillis. Rafalski left so he signs lukowich.

This team feels like a patchwork team and this scoring by committee concept hasn't worked since 2005. We need top end talent, speed and youth and quick. I have no problems with a rebuild for 1-3 years but Lou seems to have an issue with it so we will be stuck in mediocrity for the foreseeable future.

We are now the New York rangers circa 98-2004.