Devils Army in NJ

mmajeski06

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's Devils vs Flyers, then they could just use the Flyers feed if necessary, but it's an interesting problem.. Could also wait for a Devils game to be on Versus, right? :noclue:

A Versus game would be good, but a Devs-Phailures game presents another set of problems, those being a$$hole Phailure fans showing up to crash the party and cause problems. Don't think some of those morons wouldn't try it either.

Orange County.... NY... DOH!!

An underrated, untapped area for Devils fans

Also, what surprises me is how spread out the fans are. I was expecting greater percentages from Passaic, Essex, Bergen, Morris. But, instead we see these percentages spread out state-wide.

Edited by devlman

An underrated, untapped area for Devils fans

Also, what surprises me is how spread out the fans are. I was expecting greater percentages from Passaic, Essex, Bergen, Morris. But, instead we see these percentages spread out state-wide.

I'll tell you what, I've been a Devils fan in NY for 20 years, and you can really tell how their success has effected the fan base over that time. There are a respectable amount of Devils fans up here, even though it's clearly Ranger country. That being said, its not completely out of the ordinary to see someone walking around with a Devils hat or something. Even better: Theres a lot of younger Devils fans which is great for the future.

I think it would be cool to have a viewing party in Burlington during an away game against the Flyers.. It'd be like we were invading Flyers territory and turning it red

I live on the Ocean/Burlington border. In Burlington, a new sports bar called Recovery opened in the last year that would be a cool place to try it. It's surely Flyer country, yet a tad less hardcore for sure. It's right off the turnipike for easy access as well. They have Center Ice and big screens. They also have Versus and Comcast Sportsnet I believe.

I'll tell you what, I've been a Devils fan in NY for 20 years, and you can really tell how their success has effected the fan base over that time. There are a respectable amount of Devils fans up here, even though it's clearly Ranger country. That being said, its not completely out of the ordinary to see someone walking around with a Devils hat or something. Even better: Theres a lot of younger Devils fans which is great for the future.

I agree with that 100%. I play hockey on a team in North Jersey with a bunch of guys in their early twenties. Most of them are Devils fans, which is a stark change from when I was in my late teens/early twenties and almost everyone I knew was a Rangers fan. The generation that grew up between 1995-2004 is much more inclined to root for the Devils. Plus, it's not like when I was a kid and the Rangers were on channel 9 and the Devils were on Sportschannel, which my parents refused to pay for. Two of my friends who are Rangers fans freely admit that they grew to like the Rangers because they were able to watch them on TV and never got to see the Devils as a kid.

A Versus game would be good, but a Devs-Phailures game presents another set of problems, those being a$$hole Phailure fans showing up to crash the party and cause problems. Don't think some of those morons wouldn't try it either.

It's definitely possible and something that would have to be arranged with the venue ahead of time.. I don't mind Flyers fans there, but if they act unruly (and it's very possible) we would want the authority to kick them out

I always suspected Monmouth was up there

This was actually the biggest shocker to me.. I know a few people from that area and they are mostly Rangers fans.. Didn't know the team had such a presence there, but it's great to see

I live on the Ocean/Burlington border. In Burlington, a new sports bar called Recovery opened in the last year that would be a cool place to try it. It's surely Flyer country, yet a tad less hardcore for sure. It's right off the turnipike for easy access as well. They have Center Ice and big screens. They also have Versus and Comcast Sportsnet I believe.

Sounds like it would be a great location.. I'll make a note of it, thanks!!

I agree with that 100%. I play hockey on a team in North Jersey with a bunch of guys in their early twenties. Most of them are Devils fans, which is a stark change from when I was in my late teens/early twenties and almost everyone I knew was a Rangers fan. The generation that grew up between 1995-2004 is much more inclined to root for the Devils. Plus, it's not like when I was a kid and the Rangers were on channel 9 and the Devils were on Sportschannel, which my parents refused to pay for. Two of my friends who are Rangers fans freely admit that they grew to like the Rangers because they were able to watch them on TV and never got to see the Devils as a kid.

Yeah I mean the TV thing was huge, but I really believe that there would be a ton more Devils fans in NJ if the Rangers hadn't won in 1994.. A lot of Rangers fans I know picked them because the Rangers won the Cup and it seemed like the Devils would be leaving the state.. If the Rangers don't win that Cup, a lot more people would be Devils fans

Yeah I mean the TV thing was huge, but I really believe that there would be a ton more Devils fans in NJ if the Rangers hadn't won in 1994.. A lot of Rangers fans I know picked them because the Rangers won the Cup and it seemed like the Devils would be leaving the state.. If the Rangers don't win that Cup, a lot more people would be Devils fans

That was definitely a huge part. I still hear Matteau and Game 6 references to this day when I talk hockey with Ranger fans up here.

Bergen County here.

Yes, there has always been a lot of Rangers fans in this county. But as the numbers show, there are a lot of Devils fans here too.

Does the team even hold any events here anymore? Ever since the Devs moved to Newark, I'm hard-pressed to think of any.

Bergen County here.

Yes, there has always been a lot of Rangers fans in this county. But as the numbers show, there are a lot of Devils fans here too.

Does the team even hold any events here anymore? Ever since the Devs moved to Newark, I'm hard-pressed to think of any.

I know I've worked a bunch of events in Bergen, but I'm not sure about Viewing Parties...mostly appearances at street fairs and things of that nature, I think.

The Viewing Parties have mostly been Hudson (Hoboken/Jersey City), Essex (Newark), and Monmouth (Hazlet) counties, at least the ones I've worked at. Hopefully, there's some expansion to that in the upcoming season, though the Hoboken/Jersey City ones are almost always the most successful, so hopefully there's more of those as well.

Edited by thelastonealive

Essex County for me.

LOL, Mercer County ahead of Hunterdon. Flyer Country my ass.

To me what's shocking is the number south jersey fans.. Is it a lot? Not really, but definitely more than I would have guessed and I think if the Devils want to be known as Jersey's Team, they should hold 1 or 2 viewing parties down there for those fans

It's really not shocking at all when you think about it.

Edited by Marv4Life