41 members have voted

1. 1. The New Jersey Devils will...

• Win in regulation.
    • Lose in regulation.
    • Win in OT.
    • Lose in OT.
    • Win in SO.
    • Lose in SO.

Hahaha I just finished to read all 20 pages and I must say this thread was hilarious !! :giggle:

Those comments on Clarkson, Kovy, Tedenby were delicious (already knowing what would happen).

Should we start to wait until the end of the game before criticizing the players :rolleyes:

Any go to the game on here? I did and there was a section, about 20 Devil fans, that were really loud, especially after the 2nd goal and got a Let's go Devils chant going. Possibly Devils fan club or something?

With that said, Nashville is there to stay. I was so impressed by the atmoshere during and after the game. Fans are really into it, it's great to see. The bar scene afterwards is crazy to say the least, a live band in a bar every 20 feet it seemed. I've gone to Atlanta games before and it was dead compared to this.

Should we start to wait until the end of the game before criticizing the players :rolleyes:

Please.....3 years of stupidity, regression and an awful cap number are NOT wiped out on one fluke goal that the real work was done by Tedenby :P

Any go to the game on here? I did and there was a section, about 20 Devil fans, that were really loud, especially after the 2nd goal and got a Let's go Devils chant going. Possibly Devils fan club or something?

With that said, Nashville is there to stay. I was so impressed by the atmoshere during and after the game. Fans are really into it, it's great to see. The bar scene afterwards is crazy to say the least, a live band in a bar every 20 feet it seemed. I've gone to Atlanta games before and it was dead compared to this.

I've heard Nashville is an awesome town- I'm not a big country music guy, but even I'd like to get down there and check it out sometime.

I've heard Nashville is an awesome town- I'm not a big country music guy, but even I'd like to get down there and check it out sometime.

Nashville is a great town. While the music scene is dominated by country, there are a lot of other outlets for different genres across rock and hip hop. There is a lot to go see and do in the town but one of my favorite parts was being a short car ride away from the countryside. Tennessee is absolutely beautiful.

Please.....3 years of stupidity, regression and an awful cap number are NOT wiped out on one fluke goal that the real work was done by Tedenby :P

Agree. Like I said that idiot will get a goal here and there but it is chump change compared to what he had so far cost his team with his dumb mistakes, penalties, giveaways and cap hit.

Too lazy to read through the thread, so I beg your pardon if I'm just repeating. Just two quick thoughts ...

1) Is Clarkson slowly being turned into a center? Seems to be taking a lot of draws lately, and doing pretty well to boot.

2) After watching this game, does anyone think Nashville's fans are classless?

he's referring to the asinine 'you suck' chants that nashville fans do throughout the game. at least they came up with them first.

Yep. And while no one in this thread said anything about Nashville fans being classless after hearing those chants, there was a brief exchange on Page 7 admiring how loud and well-organized they were.

I found this exchange between Cangialosi and Chico puzzling:

STEVE: "If pre before before, then how can a used car be sold as pre-owned?"

CHICO: "I've wondered that myself. I think something gets lost in the interpretation."

STEVE: "Interpretation? Anyway, the Devils line up for a faceoff in the offensive zone..."

See I think I must be even weirder than those two because my response would have been -- Clearly it's supposed to be post-owned but that sounds more like a euphemism for "Stolen car" or "repossessed" not merely used. personally I feel they should call it a beater - it's sportier :evil::uni:

"Ms Pepperkorn - you just cost us the Ray Catena contract - but Malouf thought it was funny - so you're not fired yet"

Did anyone catch the commentating that Chico made about Clarkson "putting his stick between his legs and not getting any wood on it" when he missed that first chance? haha that was perfect. I'd love to get the actual quote, but it was something along the lines of that hahaha

Edited by Aznjsn

Perfect screen by Parise. Clarkson should be strapped into a chair with his eyes taped open while this loops over and over for 3 days straight.

Textbook screen from Zach. Perfect. And there's so much about Kovy that's impressive on this shot: the patience to wait until he had a double-screen with Zach and the Nashville defender, the perfectly placed shot, and the power behind it considering that he barely pushed off his back foot. If you just watch Kovy and not the puck, it almost looks like the body motion of a soft dump in or something, not a laser to the crossbar.

On an unrelated note, a couple interesting stats:

2011-12 - 3-1-0 record, 6 points, 7 GF, 8 GA through the first four games

2010-11 - 1-2-1 record, 3 points, 7 GF, 14 GA through the first four games

(It should be noted that the tack-on goal in the box score for the shootout winning team doesn't count toward GF.)

Also interesting is Kovalchuk's TOI these past two games:

10/13 vs. LAK - 29:37

10/15 at NSH - 32:04

He's played over 60 minutes in the past two games combined. Right now he's 4th in the league in TOI, and the closest forward to him is Anze Kopitar (ranked 36th).

Edited by DaneykoIsGod

Textbook screen from Zach. Perfect. And there's so much about Kovy that's impressive on this shot: the patience to wait until he had a double-screen with Zach and the Nashville defender, the perfectly placed shot, and the power behind it considering that he barely pushed off his back foot. If you just watch Kovy and not the puck, it almost looks like the body motion of a soft dump in or something, not a laser to the crossbar.

On an unrelated note, a couple interesting stats:

2011-12 - 3-1-0 record, 6 points, 7 GF, 8 GA through the first four games

2010-11 - 1-2-1 record, 3 points, 7 GF, 14 GA through the first four games

(It should be noted that the tack-on goal in the box score for the shootout winning team doesn't count toward GF.)

Also interesting is Kovalchuk's TOI these past two games:

10/13 vs. LAK - 29:37

10/15 at NSH - 32:04

He's played over 60 minutes in the past two games combined. Right now he's 4th in the league in TOI, and the closest forward to him is Anze Kopitar (ranked 36th).

No one can ever dispute that Kovy has gifts...it's whether or not the brain in charge will ever get the most out of them. The crazy TOI even takes away from his production a little bit...4 pts in 4 GP seems a little less impressive with that much ice time.

Glad you eliminated the phantom GF. It's only 4 games, teeny tiny sample as we all know, but considering how much this team struggled to score goals last season, I can't ignore the early trend towards that issue this season. The plus side is that they've scored 6 goals when a goalie is in the opposing net, but have somehow found a way to win 3 games. And they are getting SOG...78 of them in the last two games. It's not easy to have a ton of offensive faith in this bunch, not yet, but hopefully some of those shots find their way into the net, at a better than the current 4.8% rate.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976