GDT Devils vs. Blues

ZeroGravityFat

Little different situation since we were in last place then and Kovy was our big-ticket FA signing while this one just ended a winning streak. But Zach's been god-awful at these since getting stopped on that late penalty shot against the Habs, I don't think he's gotten one since then.

yea he's definitely been in a drought over the last 3 or so

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sucks to lose games that we definitely deserved the two points. Refs were pretty bad the Foster major and goal come to mind, but we should have buried a few on Elliot. If you told me we'd be 5-0-1 over the last six games Id call you crazy. On to Florida on Saturday

PS- put henrique over zach in the shootout. he's been brutal since Price stopped him

Sucks to lose games that we definitely deserved the two points. Refs were pretty bad the Foster major and goal come to mind, but we should have buried a few on Elliot. If you told me we'd be 5-0-1 over the last six games Id call you crazy. On to Florida on Saturday

PS- put henrique over zach in the shootout. he's been brutal since Price stopped him

honestly i would say put henrique over elias because i haven't seen him do much at all either- this entire season

No, the problem is we (too much of the fanbase) come off as sore losers incapable of giving the other team credit. Devils are 5-0-1 is their last six. Elliot played great in relief. I thought the Devils played well in the 3rd...Elliot made a lot of big stops. It happens.

You're just straight wrong here. Of course I know how well the Blues played and of course Elliot earned that win. But it's still ok to mention why you think your team lost. I am not being a sore loser, nor do I think anything unfair happened today. In my opinion the refs made no clearly bad calls. There is NO doubt however that like I have been saying, the Devs failed to finish on numerous huge chances tonight and that they lost a bit of intensity in the last minutes, especially around the time the Blues scored.

I don't have to say "The Blues were great" for it to be true. You're reaction just makes it seem like you were looking for someone to attack for saying anything negative. These are discussion boards for heaven's sake.

Edited by ben00rs

does debby have the sniffles

man we should have won this one, i dont know why im happy with a loss

brett hull was my hero growing up

edit: yeah i guess elliott was the differance

flubbing 2 of the shoot out shots doesnt help

Edited by lazer

Another thought. I think Henrique is ready to go back to centering Parise and Kovalchuk. Its not that Elias isnt a good fit on that line, but Sykora and Zubrus are much better off with Patty. Then slot up JJ to play with Bernier/Poni

Agreed, the 2nd line needs Elias. Although I would move Bernier to the 4th line and put Clarkson with JJ and Poni.

Agreed, the 2nd line needs Elias. Although I would move Bernier to the 4th line and put Clarkson with JJ and Poni.

naaa i want to keep Bernier and Poni together for now because they are meshing as good as anyone right now.

I could definitely see Henrique moving back up because he really had a comeback game tonight.

Meh Clarkson would kill any cycle that Poni/JJ get, but true, Clarky cant play on the 4th

Parise-Henrique-Kovy

Zubrus-Elias-Sykora

Poni-JJ-Clarkson

Boulton-Carter/Mills-Bernier

Meh Clarkson would kill any cycle that Poni/JJ get, but true, Clarky cant play on the 4th

Parise-Henrique-Kovy

Zubrus-Elias-Sykora

Poni-JJ-Clarkson

Boulton-Carter/Mills-Bernier

When Zajac comes back, Poni-JJ-Bernier would be our fourth line. However, we need a winger to play with Clarkson and Zajac.

Blues wanted this game a little more and they got it. I think things are starting to come together for that franchise after being pretty brutal since the lockout. Hitch is def a candidate for the jack Adams and he was the guy I wanted for the devils this past summer though Deboer is slowly growing on me.

I am still wondering why aren't henrique or sykora given a chance at the shoot out instead of parise. I think Zach is now 6 for 14 or something close to that now and kinda wanting a change on that. Elias also doesn't seem to be doing well in the shoot out too but I dont have any stats off the top of my head so I may be wrong.

Elliott def stole the game for them.

Edited by DevsMan84

zach is really not the same in shootouts since his penalty shot against Price

Isn't that the truth. It seems like all the goalies have his moves down, and he's having trouble figuring out what to do now. I think his confidence is pretty low when it comes to the shootouts.

What a good call by Hitch to go to Elliott. Boy was he good.

Isn't that the truth. It seems like all the goalies have his moves down, and he's having trouble figuring out what to do now. I think his confidence is pretty low when it comes to the shootouts.

What a good call by Hitch to go to Elliott. Boy was he good.

Yea I agree with the Parise thing too. Seems awhile ago now that he was dominant on them. I think the truth is that he doesn't have so many moves in the arsenal after all. Tonight he just choked a little bit, Not a big deal though. Honestly, if we can't have both, I'd rather have him on a regulation tear and stink in the SO. BUt cmon, Henrique needs to be in these things here and there.

Yea I agree with the Parise thing too. Seems awhile ago now that he was dominant on them. I think the truth is that he doesn't have so many moves in the arsenal after all. Tonight he just choked a little bit, Not a big deal though. Honestly, if we can't have both, I'd rather have him on a regulation tear and stink in the SO. BUt cmon, Henrique needs to be in these things here and there.

Through better and worse, DeBoer leans on his top guys. He stuck with Brodeur when everyone and their grandmother wanted him benched, he stuck with Kovy through the first two months when he was bleh and he's sticking through Zach now in the shootout.

Besides, the game everyone wanted Henrique to go in the shootout he promptly blew chunks too. Like someone said, we've been in shootouts like one out of every four games, eventually teams are going to adjust to what our big shooters are doing.

Hell I wouldn't mind seeing Clarkson in the shootout considering he's had the hot stick all year and had a nice penalty shot against Toronto :lol: