GDT Devils vs. Blues

ZeroGravityFat

Through better and worse, DeBoer leans on his top guys. He stuck with Brodeur when everyone and their grandmother wanted him benched, he stuck with Kovy through the first two months when he was bleh and he's sticking through Zach now in the shootout.

Besides, the game everyone wanted Henrique to go in the shootout he promptly blew chunks too. Like someone said, we've been in shootouts like one out of every four games, eventually teams are going to adjust to what our big shooters are doing.

Hell I wouldn't mind seeing Clarkson in the shootout considering he's had the hot stick all year and had a nice penalty shot against Toronto :lol:

Point is, Henrique is the type of player to be in shootouts. Along with that, the way teams getting used to your shootout schemes is avoided is by changing things up here and there if you have the firepower for it. All I'm saying is sub Elias for Henrique every here and there. Kovy 100 percent needs to be in everyone - he's literally won us numerous games by being ridiculous in SO's and Parise should still be in them all too as of right now.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about him? If anything that icon should be for Zach because holy crap that SO was terrible.

Both Zach and Kovy were mediocre at best tonight. just Kovy giving the puck away frequently and missing that open net. Im not starting a bash Kovy thing here its just annoying.

Im not going to turn into a Kovy hater, I just got super frustrated between him and Zach tonight. At this point in the season, not a single player can afford to make mistakes. Especially in the shoot out.

you do realize Kovy had 2 assists tonight right? Despite the fact that he missed many chances, no one should be uttering the words that they are frustrated with Kovy and Zach. THey are both on a tear and the Devils have 11 of 12 points. Don't act like we need to win every game. A post like that makes you seem like a newbie to the sport.

Kovalchuck missing an open net proved costly in the end. The goal the Blues scored was clearly a high stick and there's no doubt in my mind Toronto knows what kind of calls weve been getting during the win streak. The fact it was called a goal on the ice alone was just sad. I can't complain too much though. Points in 7 straight and we just played a crazy stretch of games. All that, plus I think we out played a really good Blues team who scored 3 garbage goals. Let's just hope we can come right back with a win against Florida. That would be huge imo in order to restore a bit of confidence.

Oh and Ps we just faced 3 of the best goal tenders in 2 nights of hockey. Elliot is pretty sick right now.

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3

Kovy was solid at both ends of the ice. Breaking up passes, lifting sticks in the defensive zone, yeah he missed a few open looks but look at the 3rd period, how many chances did they squander, including the Zubrus cross crease pass to Sykora who was WIDE open on the far post and completely wiffed on the gaping net as Elliott didn't get over to cover it.

Meh Clarkson would kill any cycle that Poni/JJ get, but true, Clarky cant play on the 4th

Parise-Henrique-Kovy

Zubrus-Elias-Sykora

Poni-JJ-Clarkson

Boulton-Carter/Mills-Bernier

Can't separate Poni and Bernier right now. No way. I honestly wouldn't mess with anything right now. I'll sacrifice Sykora getting points for what this 'team' is doing right now. They look fine. No reason to fix something if it isn't broken. If we go a few games only scoring 1 goal..then yea, switch it up.

In the end, I don't see Henrique Or Elias being on either line as making a big difference. Both will succeed with either. To me, you might as well leave Elias up top for now as they are so hot.

+1

Kovalchuck missing an open net proved costly in the end. The goal the Blues scored was clearly a high stick and there's no doubt in my mind Toronto knows what kind of calls weve been getting during the win streak. The fact it was called a goal on the ice alone was just sad. I can't complain too much though. Points in 7 straight and we just played a crazy stretch of games. All that, plus I think we out played a really good Blues team who scored 3 garbage goals. Let's just hope we can come right back with a win against Florida. That would be huge imo in order to restore a bit of confidence.

Oh and Ps we just faced 3 of the best goal tenders in 2 nights of hockey. Elliot is pretty sick right now.

They talked about this on the post-game as I was getting out of Newark. Halak and Elliott are ranked #1 and #4.

Florida just had a pretty solid win over LA so we need to bring our A-Game

They talked about this on the post-game as I was getting out of Newark. Halak and Elliott are ranked #1 and #4.

Florida just had a pretty solid win over LA so we need to bring our A-Game

Wow. Quick got pulled in that game.

I agree. It's going to be a tough game but honestly we are going to be saying "tonight will be a tough game" for the rest of the season. The Devils schedule is absolutely ridiculous.

Meh, can't win 'em all. Glad to at least get a point out of that one. On an unrelated note, every single time the JJ/Cam/Boulton line was out there, all I could think of was Dean Portman, Fulton Reed, and Kenny Wu in Mighty Ducks 2. Josefson is like the little bash brother haha.

Edited by PWW

Im not going to turn into a Kovy hater, I just got super frustrated between him and Zach tonight. At this point in the season, not a single player can afford to make mistakes. Especially in the shoot out.

You're not going to get perfection or flawless execution every single night. Doesn't happen with ANY team. This team is 19-7-3 in their last 29 games (5-0-2 in their last 7)...all things considered, that is terrific...if they played at that pace all season, that would give them 116 points. And they've had tough games on the schedule over that time.

I think we can cut these guys some slack.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Except for the Montreal team, I would be thrilled if I was told they are 5-0-1 after the all star break when the Devils had to face the Rags (2), Philly, Pitt and STL. Yes, this team blew the lead and lost in the SH, which is our biggest strength. But overall, this team exceeds my expectation in the last six games.

Except for the Montreal team, I would be thrilled if I was told they are 5-0-1 after the all star break when the Devils had to face the Rags (2), Philly, Pitt and STL. Yes, this team blew the lead and lost in the SH, which is our biggest strength. But overall, this team exceeds my expectation in the last six games.

Good point.

I'm just going to say, that only players like Kovy and Zach can make a cross ice pass like that, and take a pass like that and score. However, shootout was disappointing especially after that terrible high stick goal..

I'm also tempted to say put Elias back on the 2nd line, because Sykora just looks lost without 26. Aside from that really nice pass up the boards leading to a goal, he's invisible. However, our 3rd line is really looking nasty with Poni-Henrique-Bernier.

Edited by Aznjsn