CAR @ NJ 7PM

RunninWithTheDevil

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to think we had 3 30 goals scorer and another 20+ goals scorer 2 seasons ago (in our last successful season) and that they are all just gone. Just like that without even getting a 7th round pick in return of anything. Simply gone.

I know you can't just look at it black on white and that we have better goaltending but from those 110 goals, probably quite a few would have been a game tier goals, game winners that would have give us extra points. Also 2 of those guys we're our top 2 SO shooters which was another big reason of our latest successful season.

There's no other way to say that wtv happened in the last 2 seasons crippled us for the future in term of personnel. We don't have much trading chips anymore. We'll be without Elias and Jagr soon too. It's really but really not looking good.

Just to think we had 3 30 goals scorer and another 20+ goals scorer 2 seasons ago (in our last successful season) and that they are all just gone. Just like that without even getting a 7th round pick in return of anything. Simply gone.

I know you can't just look at it black on white and that we have better goaltending but from those 110 goals, probably quite a few would have been a game tier goals, game winners that would have give us extra points. Also 2 of those guys we're our top 2 SO shooters which was another big reason of our latest successful season.

There's no other way to say that wtv happened in the last 2 seasons crippled us for the future in term of personnel. We don't have much trading chips anymore. We'll be without Elias and Jagr soon too. It's really but really not looking good.

oh boy here we go...I'm just gonna sit back and watch the responses come in for this lol.

jagrs getting 20 mins, can he get 25 or 30? lol  after that line we have patty and nothing as far as scoring forwards

enough of using jansson to push/punish the youngsters, its not working, its hurting! put brunner tedy and JJ together and let them try and flash

throw lokti patty and henrique together and give ryder 4th line duty he's earned it

play cory now

oh boy here we go...I'm just gonna sit back and watch the responses come in for this lol.

well its really not that i want to fvcking go back arguing about this (i really dont) but i mean, there's no way around it, thats the #1 reason why we're sucking now. Sorry for pointing it out i mean. Its pure common sense and somehow some are acting like it's not normal that the team is underachieving. The whole world knew we'd struggle scoring this year, its not underachieving.

Whoever was saying Ryder would score 25-30 goals for sure this season is losing his money right now

Edited by SterioDesign

well its really not that i want to fvcking go back arguing about this (i really dont) but i mean, there's no way around it, thats the #1 reason why we're sucking now. Sorry for pointing it out i mean. Its pure common sense and somehow some are acting like it's not normal that the team is underachieving. The whole world knew we'd struggle scoring this year, its not underachieving.

Whoever was saying Ryder would score 25-30 goals for sure this season is losing his money right now

that's kind if the point... Everyone knew it would hard to replace all those guys. We get it, but we're moving on... It doesn't contribute anything to the board to bring it up after every loss or in every thread.

that's kind if the point... Everyone knew it would hard to replace all those guys. We get it, but we're moving on... It doesn't contribute anything to the board to bring it up after every loss or in every thread.

Of course, but some are still acting like it's not normal that we're not scoring goals. I dont get that

I wouldn't be shocked to see Lou make some sort of move for a scoring in the near future. It's not like he doesn't see this. Plus, we have young d-men and goaltending to spare.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Lou make some sort of move for a scoring in the near future. It's not like he doesn't see this. Plus, we have young d-men and goaltending to spare.

what are you suggesting??? our AHL goalies arent bringing anythong back. in order to bring in a legit scorer we would need to make a BIG move

I wouldnt say we have young dmen to spare. We already lost Urbom, we technically "should" be good in a few years with what we have but God knows which will pan out and what kind of depth we'll have after them. Plus most of them doesnt really have values at this point.

At this point if anything Lou should try to get a young promising forward still in the AHL or Junior while his value is still low. We dont have any outside or Boucher really. And we don't have the pieces to get a proven one. So a prospect swap could work i think. Lou has surprised us before though so lets see whats next

you may get a secondary piece come in but I think and hope Lou is not willing to give up major assets for a big money forward...

I brought up erat in the roster thread... I have no idea if he would be a fit but that's the caliber player we would have a realistic shot at bringing in.

Edited by dmann422

Lou's hands are tied, by his own doing, he has nothing to trade.  Who would you trade? What will you get for him that's different from what we have today?

Yeah, and the Devils didn't sign any free agents either, that's the worst part.  It's just Elias, Zubrus, Zajac, and Henrique out there with Whitney, Matteau, Scott Timmins, Harri Pesonen - I don't really understand how Lou thinks this team can win.

Lou's hands are tied, by his own doing, he has nothing to trade.  Who would you trade? What will you get for him that's different from what we have today?

half the teams in the league are looking to add scoring.....we dont have much to offer in a trade, I think the only way we get a scorer is like how we got Zidlicky, a player wanting out from his current team, or a player like Danny Heatley who's at the end of his career with a contract the team would like to dump.

I think we're gonna be a middle of the pack low scoring team for a few years.

No one on the team can be a difference maker.  That is the problem.  Funny thing is that I think if we get to the playoffs we can do damage.

I thought the same thing. We're playing grind-out playoff hockey but not good regular season hockey. No one is a cut above the rest of the guys on the ice to go and grab a goal out of nothing, outside of Jagr. A bunch of solid footsoldiers but no one stands out. That's not good right now... Unfortunately, when you look at what Buffalo got for Vanek, I don't think we're in a position to get anyone notable in a trade anytime soon.

Yeah, and the Devils didn't sign any free agents either, that's the worst part.  It's just Elias, Zubrus, Zajac, and Henrique out there with Whitney, Matteau, Scott Timmins, Harri Pesonen - I don't really understand how Lou thinks this team can win.

yeah. Let's see if Pittsburgh let Crosby / Malkin walk and sign Letestu / Bolland to replace them (and overpay cause if they dont sign anyone they are in even bigger trouble). That should work.

Edited by SterioDesign

Hockey on the radio is a real challenge but Loughlin is genuinely bad at it.  He's been doing it for years and he still isn't very good.

As for the game, Brodeur can't give up that first one.  Devils didn't play particularly well but they were even on chances, Carolina got a break and the Devils didn't.  They should be getting at least 1 point out of every game they score 3 goals in, but with goaltending like that, it's going to be a challenge.

You mean you don't like hearing "shot, save!" 50 billion times a game? Or having to wait 30 seconds after the play ends to find out that a goal was scored?

And fvck me. 3 games, finally get to see a goal, but they still lose. ARGHH. At least I got free tickets to Saturday's game too now. 4th time's the charm?

Edited by ATLL765